Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

Also watching the game on WaspsTV, two decent commentators, picture quality is flawless and the sign up procedure was nice and easy, only a fiver aswell. 

Should try and sign @LeodhasXD IMO. 

Cheers for that. Hard going doing commentary for our pre-season just now without many goals. My agent hasn't had any offers unbelievably. Thought I was a shoo-in for the Falkirk TV gig but they've never been good at identifying talent.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Yup, that's right. In the previous friendlies he's either been listed as a trialist or had the word 'trialist' in brackets after his name. He has neither tonight.

When he came on on Saturday they used his name, but last Tuesday I am sure they used trialist and definitely did against Cove, couldn’t hear for the St Pauli game.

22 minutes ago, Clangers said:

When he came on on Saturday they used his name, but last Tuesday I am sure they used trialist and definitely did against Cove, couldn’t hear for the St Pauli game.

At the St Pauli game the announcer said "Paul McGowan, playing as a trialist" which I thought was bizarre. 

37 minutes ago, Clangers said:

The stadium announcer said trialist tonight. Though weirdly we had two trialists starting, I assume the other one was O'Halloran but missed the number. 

32 minutes ago, par-adise said:

The stadium announcer said trialist tonight. Though weirdly we had two trialists starting, I assume the other one was O'Halloran but missed the number. 

O'Halloran isn't a trialist.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

O'Halloran isn't a trialist.

We don't tend to announce trialists hence the secrecy but it was indicated on the teamline that he wasn't signed so it may be that the paperwork hasn't gone through yet.

Why did the ref send him off and not just ask him to be subbed off, seems crazy to send someone off impacting on real games for what sounds like a mistake rather than malicious challenge.

Are referees now instructed to give out red cards etc in friendlies? Obviously there was Talbot 7/8 years ago. But we also had a trialist under Grant, who was sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity, about 10 mins into the game. Can’t remember the guy’s name, but he’s been on the SFA suspension list for about 2 years (listed as a Dunfermline player) because he wasn’t signed and probably hasn’t even been back to Scotland since.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Are referees now instructed to give out red cards etc in friendlies? Obviously there was Talbot 7/8 years ago. But we also had a trialist under Grant, who was sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity, about 10 mins into the game. Can’t remember the guy’s name, but he’s been on the SFA suspension list for about 2 years (listed as a Dunfermline player) because he wasn’t signed and probably hasn’t even been back to Scotland since.

Ali Omar, just signed for Larne apparently who are playing in the Champions League. Does that mean he'll forever be on this list? Some laugh. 

We have a friendly on Friday, can we not just say Hamilton is serving his band then? 

8 hours ago, 101 said:

Why did the ref send him off and not just ask him to be subbed off, seems crazy to send someone off impacting on real games for what sounds like a mistake rather than malicious challenge.

A red is a red, mistake or not (I haven't seen the challenge mind). 

27 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

A red is a red, mistake or not (I haven't seen the challenge mind). 

I just don't get why in what is essentially a training and fitness exercise, for everyone including the referee that they would as strictly apply the rules as you would in a competitive game.

A quick word with both benches making it clear he would have been sent off and ought to be subbed off surely is the pragmatic approach.

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

I just don't get why in what is essentially a training and fitness exercise, for everyone including the referee that they would as strictly apply the rules as you would in a competitive game.

A quick word with both benches making it clear he would have been sent off and ought to be subbed off surely is the pragmatic approach.

Could be a rule change for friendlies?

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Could be a rule change for friendlies?

I mean maybe but would anyone be fussed other than some halfwit at the SFA. Can understand if the referee would be held back from progression for trying to be pragmatic and sensible, something our governing bodies aren't known for.

If the rules have changed & refs are now being instructed to chuck red cards around in friendlies then clubs would be better off not bothering with them. Especially if it results in suspensions before the seasons' even started!