Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Not sure why folk think Dundee United will win the league comfortably. Their squad doesn't look much better than some other teams and Goodwin isn't exactly getting the best out of players there.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

There's no way there will be 7 more signings.

As it stands we're 5 short from what we had last year, I think we'll replace them with a mix of permanent signings and loans.

MacDonald, Todorov, O'Hara, Mochrie, Mahon, McGowan all left, O'Hallaron has came in. You could argue we had quite a small squad last year too so he might have wanted an extra one or two so 7 isn't completely off the cards. We've already seen what happens when you lose one or two to injury.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not sure why folk think Dundee United will win the league comfortably. Their squad doesn't look much better than some other teams and Goodwin isn't exactly getting the best out of players there.

A ball has hardly been kicked, you can take nothing from how teams do in the group stages of the league cup compared to how they'll be doing in November. Dundee Utd already had some very good players, they've cleared out some older heads, signed a good defender, midfielder and striker creating a spine of the team. I don't think they'll run away with it but favourites for a reason. They'll not be done spending yet either.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They’ve got Ross Graham at CB. It’a an unwritten rule, anyone that has him in the championship is tipped to win the league.

7 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

As it stands we're 5 short from what we had last year, I think we'll replace them with a mix of permanent signings and loans.

MacDonald, Todorov, O'Hara, Mochrie, Mahon, McGowan all left, O'Hallaron has came in. You could argue we had quite a small squad last year too so he might have wanted an extra one or two so 7 isn't completely off the cards. We've already seen what happens when you lose one or two to injury.

Also brought in Fisher. We never had Fisher and Otoo at the same time, so that’s definitely another addition from where we finished the season. So that’s down to 4 short of where we were last year. I also think he was happy with squad size last year, rather than feeling we were short. Don’t think we want a bigger first team squad, as it risks upsetting the team spirit if you have 4/5 guys not involved every week, if everyone’s fit.

Also an argument that Andrew Tod is now going to be involved, having been out on loan - perhaps taking on the squad rotation/depth role that Mahon played last year?

I'm not sure we'll even make any further non loan signings. How big is the free transfer market left right now, at our level and with our budget? The pool of players appears to diminish every season, but we're also appearing to be focusing only on Scottish based players. 

4 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

I think he is higher thought of than Rudden by Dundee fans. 

My wife is a Dundee ST holder and thinks Rudden is mince. I''ve always thought he looked decent the few times I've seen him.

And interestingly is Jabkuiak that's without a club 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Also brought in Fisher. We never had Fisher and Otoo at the same time, so that’s definitely another addition from where we finished the season. So that’s down to 4 short of where we were last year. I also think he was happy with squad size last year, rather than feeling we were short. Don’t think we want a bigger first team squad, as it risks upsetting the team spirit if you have 4/5 guys not involved every week, if everyone’s fit.

Also an argument that Andrew Tod is now going to be involved, having been out on loan - perhaps taking on the squad rotation/depth role that Mahon played last year?

Aye fair play actually these are both true.

Feels a million year since we were about to play St.Pauli and Snoddy was going to be announced in the new kit on the morning of the game 🤣

The players are going to a family fun day in the Seven Kings on Sunday. 

Good to see the football club interacting with local businesses and I'm probably in the minority but not sure a family fun day should be in a pub.

11 minutes ago, 101 said:

Good to see the football club interacting with local businesses and I'm probably in the minority but not sure a family fun day should be in a pub.

I think the Seven Kings are trying ti market themselves as a more "family friendly" place - seen stuff on Facebook and the like and they've got new food menus etc. 

43 minutes ago, 101 said:

And the owners Greene King are far from a local business. Should be in tappies imo. 

5 hours ago, Pmac said:

Would love to know what the Germans are actually bringing to the table? Never spent a penny last season and it’s continuing into this season

They're going to sell East End to build a Lidl or Aldi.

5 hours ago, Pmac said:

Would love to know what the Germans are actually bringing to the table? Never spent a penny last season and it’s continuing into this season

Sure the last accounts showed a million quid put in our coffers. The training ground(as long as it takes) seems to be their main project. That won't come cheap either.