Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Same Twitter page that said Deniz was injured has also just said that not only will we sign Wotherspoon before Saturday, but also... Steven Fletcher WTF

Has said twitter page ever revealed anything of any substantial credibility before? A.K.A. Something that then actually happened afterwards?

I’ll sit up straight and take notice if so, otherwise I’m gonna continue to bite my tongue until the pen gif comes out (it’s quite sore hurry up pars ffs)

Think it’s just nonsense tbh. Fletcher would be incredible fettle for Wighton, but there’s no chance of it happening. If Mehmet is injured also, then I am fucking done with season 23/24 already! 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

In three of the last 19 years it's been under 1% in in 6 of the last 10 it's been under 2% 

Dundee United charged £22 in the 19/20 season 

Raith Rovers incidental were charging £16 in the league below nearly £10 less than today even with promotion and this year's inflation they win the "taking the piss prize"

I'm also not that keen on, in line with inflation, price rises as inflation is the cost of typical items which football clubs in many cases aren't impacted by. Yes the energy crisis will be hitting hard but the same excuse is trotted out everytime.

According to the Bank of England £22 in 2019 is £26.83 today. https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/inflation/inflation-calculator

What in the club's cost base isn't impacted by inflation? 

I'm not saying Dundee Utd are reasonable BTW. They're a clear outlier in terms of the league. I think most clubs are offering good value, especially for children's season tickets. But over time clubs need to pass on some cost increases to customers, as with all businesses. Saying they can't ever charge £27 would be like saying 30 years ago they couldn't ever charge £17.

Dorrans playing in the Scottish 7th tier and Griffiths playing in the Australian 3rd tier. 

I guess if you want to keep playing, you go where your current abilities take you and have to accept the going rate at that level.

Would Fletcher have any option in Scotland above Championship level? If not, he's got to go elsewhere or retire - and he might not want to do either.

36 minutes ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

Has said twitter page ever revealed anything of any substantial credibility before? A.K.A. Something that then actually happened afterwards?

I’ll sit up straight and take notice if so, otherwise I’m gonna continue to bite my tongue until the pen gif comes out (it’s quite sore hurry up pars ffs)

Had a check through, not old has the page only been going since June he has posted like 5 rumors and the rest were reports of done deals. They don't seem to have any rumors correct as of yet therefore will be taking the Fletcher and Wotherspoon rumours as gospel and doubting the Mehmet injury rumor

13 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Noticed Shaun Byrne didn’t feature in a Dundee B game tonight, Sharp did play. 4-0 win over Buckie @ Forfar. 

Max Anderson another who was rumoured to be leaving did feature. 

Sharp played pretty well for the most part, can remember one cross which he completely flapped at that somehow Buckie didn’t end up scoring and another occasion where either he completely fell asleep or there was a miscommunication with his defender but he really should have came out to collect an easy ball that was rolling in to the box and better opposition would have punished him. Made a number of good saves though and distribution was fairly decent.

Max Anderson was one that stood out for me, his footballing intelligence was just miles ahead of anyone else on the park. 

3 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

We're still five bodies short on last season. Signing Shaun Byrne doesn't mean we can't sign some more forward minded players. The right ones just haven't became available yet.

I did notice Byrne didn’t play for Dundee B either last night and theirs been rumours circulating on our thread and on twitter (recently) that were in for him and he wants the move, it’s just down to Dundee if they want to release him or loan him out 

13 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I did notice Byrne didn’t play for Dundee B either last night and theirs been rumours circulating on our thread and on twitter (recently) that were in for him and he wants the move, it’s just down to Dundee if they want to release him or loan him out 

I'd be shocked if you were the only team in the Championship who's interested in Byrne, I'd be even more shocked if Raith are the only team in Fife that is interested. Will have to see how it pans out.

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Back injury, I believe. Can’t take a risk with that.

Seen the big man last night at a local supermarket and he was walking very slow. Might be nothing but could be back related. 

3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Seen the big man last night at a local supermarket and he was walking very slow. Might be nothing but could be back related. 

He's far fucking bigger in person than he looks while watching the games online.