Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Are your board wanting many of the same things McPake is though? McPake definitely would have wanted Byrne and he would have desperately wanted McGowan and he sauntered off to a League One team. Appreciate that McGowan might not have been integral to you lot but there's not a chance McPake wouldn't have wanted him signed up.

I'm very glad about McGowan tbf, had done absolutely nothing during his loan spell to merit signing him on a permanent deal, if McPake is desperate to sign him I'm happy enough there's someone above him asking him why. 

I can see why we wouldn't have been massively hot on Byrne aswell, he would have been a nice squad option but we'd require even more injuries for him to be a starter. Would that be worth the larger wages he'd be on? Not sure. 

Our season from here will be defined by our attacking signings, like football fans everywhere people get withdrawal symptoms when we've not seen one in a while. Come the end of the season I doubt we'll look back at Byrne or McGowan and feel regret. 

7 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Had a dip in here and your pars.net or whatever it’s called these days to see the reaction to Byrne signing with us.

Stopped reading there. 

9 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Had a dip in here and your pars.net or whatever it’s called these days to see the reaction to Byrne signing with us.

Wooft! Ranging from irritation to full blown hysteria with your current squad / lack of signings. 

Still time in the window but genuinely surprised that you’ve had players train and trial for you then went elsewhere. Bit of a red flag to me TBH. 

German mob trying to do the championship on the cheap? 

I’ll not gloat as it wouldn’t be a surprise to see us on the wrong end of a result in a couple of weeks at EEP.

It’s an unforgiving league where the difference between 2nd and 7th is a standout player or two (think Akinyemi at Ayr last season). Maybe your going at SPL players in the loan market once clear who’ll be available..

Interesting few weeks coming up.

Dip on this 🖕

4 hours ago, timbermill tactician said:

I was thinking the same. Wonder how long he will go along with it before there is a bit of a schism.

It's all very well the money men following a system or using certain criteria for players. However we are a Scottish championship club and not Brighton or Brentford.

I think it's an admirable way to go about your business, but I think it's a tricky one. There's clearly decent talent in the Fife area - even before you went solo, the Fife Elite system has had a few players who have brought in fees.

There's a few teams who are going for a similar approach. For all they get slaughtered about being a Glasgow Gretna, most of the recent business of Queens Park has been young, untested players where they've taken a moneyball approach. 

There's no instant gratification that you'd get with the current approach we're taking. But there's likely less risk, with a solid potential of reward given the resale value of players should they be a gem. I'm There's a lot to be said about loans leaving an impression on players. Regan Hendry for example, only came back to us over Falkirk because he had a great rapport with our fans, and turned down more money. 

13 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Happy pen GIF day everyone! 

Aye I think we'll get one today. Mad that the whole thing is a massive curve by the club, announced no signings over the Summer because weather has been rubbish.

You can't announce Summer when it's raining.

8 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Aye I think we'll get one today. Mad that the whole thing is a massive curve by the club, announced no signings over the Summer because weather has been rubbish.

You can't announce Summer when it's raining.

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Noticed this Kirkcaldy team are rivalling Falkirk for the “Champions of the pre season” trophy. 

I think Raith have reason to be chirpy - they've made some positive signings and off the field things sound as good as it's been for them in a long time. That being said, I think they'll aim top four and kick about mid table most of the season. Hamilton and Byrne are signings I'd have taken, not sure about the rest. Vaughan and Gullan spend a lot of time in the physio's room. A potential front three of Hamilton, Vaughan and Gullan sounds good, potent etc but how often will they all play, we'll need to see.

Sounds like Wotherspoon’s still training with us. Maybe bringing in Summers sends a bit of a message that we’re looking at other options, if we find someone else the deal will be taken off the table - which I think we all knew would be the case anyway.

from the Dunfermline Press:

“We’ve put in what we believe is a good offer, but, obviously, David’s an international footballer that’s played at a World Cup and a Gold Cup in the last year.

“He’ll have other options, I’m well aware of that, but the offer has been put in for David. At the minute, there’s been no movement on that, but he still is training away at the minute.

“We’ll see where that goes by the end of the week.”

46 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I think Raith have reason to be chirpy - they've made some positive signings and off the field things sound as good as it's been for them in a long time. That being said, I think they'll aim top four and kick about mid table most of the season. Hamilton and Byrne are signings I'd have taken, not sure about the rest. Vaughan and Gullan spend a lot of time in the physio's room. A potential front three of Hamilton, Vaughan and Gullan sounds good, potent etc but how often will they all play, we'll need to see.

Vaughan will be back at the knackers yard by November.

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Vaughan will be back at the knackers yard by November.

Vaughan doesn't really seem to have too many injury issues, aside from when he’s done his ACL. If one of those goes again (which it very much could) it’s surely curtains for him but if he avoids that then he will probably be fine. Gullan, however, really struggles to get a run of games together without an issue popping up, bit of a concern.

Edited by Enigma

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Vaughan doesn't really seem to have too many injury issues, aside from when he’s done his ACL. If one of those goes again (which it very much could) it’s surely curtains for him but if he avoids that then he will probably be fine. Gullan, however, really struggles to get a run of games together without an issue popping up, bit of a concern.

Vaughan hasn’t played more than 12 league games in a season since 2017. Unfortunate for the lad and I wish him no harm but if I was a RR fan I’d be watching him play through my fingers.

38 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Loan him out to us! What could possibly go wrong?

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

Fair. The page I was looking at didn't include last season for some reason.

Still, he missed 16 league games then?

Yes, didn’t return from his most recent ACL until the end of October last season.