Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, 101 said:

What did folk think of this one. 

I thought the assistant had a mare and Otoo had got his run perfect, I actually assumed the ref was playing on until the shit was over the bar and he gave offside.

Aye, I'm almost glad that the shot was saved because I would've been a right seething mess if that'd been dissalowed, never offside. 

3 hours ago, Nat Weederburn said:

We put lots of pressure on their defence without creating many clear cut chances, and for the most part Murray and Watson lapped it up. Comrie should score in the first half, no idea why he hits it the only place in the goal where Dabrowski is (a great save despite that). 12 corners and I don't recall any of them being remotely close to being a goal. A few other moments where players couldn't sort their feet out in the box. We lacked a bit of luck and on another day probably find a goal from somewhere. 

It highlights the lack of reliable attacking quality options we have in this team, McCann/Wighton/O'Halloran all were pretty poor yesterday and we didn't have any known quantities to change that from the bench. Not going to overreact as I thought the team was uncharacteristically sloppy, with too many players having an off day. Hopefully though it highlights the need to bring in a couple of attacking signings as soon as possible. 

4 points isn't a bad return on the opening 3 games, think Inverness given their current form is a game we need to go and win next week to get back on track.

Maybe I'm misremembering but I thought Comrie hit it straight onto the post and it rebounded onto Murray and out for a corner. I don't think Dabrowski touched it.

8 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Maybe I'm misremembering but I thought Comrie hit it straight onto the post and it rebounded onto Murray and out for a corner. I don't think Dabrowski touched it.

From where I was sitting, I didn't think at the time Dabrowski touched it, and was therefore surprised at folk talking about his wonder save in the first half.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

nah it was a brilliant save from dabrowski, had to react to the ball moving the opposite way from where he was moving

We still got lucky when the ball hit Murray after it rebounded off the post - it could have gone anywhere.

Was right in line with it from the main stand, phenomenal save by Dabrowski touching it onto the post otherwise it would've settled into the corner. Maybe I'm being harsh on Comrie and should just be glad he actually got it on target, but if he keeps his shot low and central it's a goal 

14 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

McPake has been quite clear that he felt four strikers last season was too many so I can only see one more added.

Not that more or better strikers would have made much difference versus Raith tbh; doesn’t matter who is up top when you create next to nothing.

I couldn’t make yesterday as was at a wedding but I’ve just watched the highlights and find this to be untrue. We had enough chances to win two games of football. A proper striker scores both those chances O’Hallaron had for a start.

Although we didnt play too badly yesterday I am a bit worried about the squad in general now. Thats us 3 league games and the group stage of the league cup down we look well short. Looking at the bench yesterday the only "senior" player is Hamilton who is effectively a defensive midfielder. We brought on Summers a youth player from celtic to change it and seemed hampered by the lack of options.

So far we have let go McDonald, O Hara, Todorov, Mochrie and Mahon to be replaced by Summers on a loan deal and O Halloran.

Being pomoted and not improving the pool while other teams seem to have done is bizarre. I have been hesitant to be critial in the hope we were just waiting for the right players but I cant see 3/4 signings coming in this week.

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

6 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Although we didnt play too badly yeaterday I am a bit worried about the squad in general now. Thats us 3 league games and the group stage of the league cup down we look well short. Looking at the bench yesterday the only "senior" player is Hamilton who is effectively a defensive midfielder. We brought on Summers a youth player from celtic to change it and seemed hampered by the lack of options.

So far we have let go McDonald, O Hara, Todorov, Mochrie and Mahon to be replaced by Summers on a loan deal and O Halloran.

Being pomoted and not improving the pool while other teams seem to have done is bizarre. I have been hesitant to be critial in the hope we were just waiting for the right players but I cant see 3/4 signings coming in this week.

At no point last season did we have Fisher and Otoo. 

I would imagine that getting KRH and probably Otoo swallowed quite a lot of cash considering clubs they were at previously and what players like Kai Kennedy have been reported to be looking for.

Paul Allan on the bench has to be in the senior bracket now both interms of age and appearances, that said neither we right to bring on and change the game.

I think a striker and a bit more luck with injuries we would be fine.

We have just been up to the champions elect and took a point, very nearly all three. 

I'll be worried if we haven't done something when the transfer window slams shut but I would hope for a permanent striker maybe a young creative pacey player on loan to let Sutherland get out on loan.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

At no point last season did we have Fisher and Otoo. 

I would imagine that getting KRH and probably Otoo swallowed quite a lot of cash considering clubs they were at previously and what players like Kai Kennedy have been reported to be looking for.

Paul Allan on the bench has to be in the senior bracket now both interms of age and appearances, that said neither we right to bring on and change the game.

I think a striker and a bit more luck with injuries we would be fine.

We have just been up to the champions elect and took a point, very nearly all three. 

I'll be worried if we haven't done something when the transfer window slams shut but I would hope for a permanent striker maybe a young creative pacey player on loan to let Sutherland get out on loan.

Do you think the squad is stronger or weaker than last season?

15 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Do you think the squad is stronger or weaker than last season?

In every position other than striker we are stronger than we were last season.

I think letting Todorov go was a mistake but it's the managers call.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

The bench yesterday was

5 Chris Hamilton 
16 Ben Summers
18 Paul Allan 
19 Miller Fenton
26 Taylor Sutherland
28 Andrew Tod 
44 Max Little (GK)

McDonald, O Hara, Todorov, Mochrie are all better than them. And would be on the bench if we had them

The only change to the starting line up is O'halloren (and the goalie due to injury) so we havnt strenghtened much either despite going up a league.

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Eh?

keeper, same position 

wing back- weaker, let Macdonald go and not brought anyone else in

center back- stronger fisher and Otoo both at the club at the same time 

Deep lying center mid- same position 

attacking center mid - weaker McGowan and mochrie gone with summers coming in

winger- not a position we use very often but I think that’s where Mahon and o’halloran would be described as- slightly strong I’d think.

striker- much weaker

And that’s before you take into consideration the hit we’ve taken in injuries 

Just now, Fifes Elite Force said:

The bench yesterday was

5 Chris Hamilton 
16 Ben Summers
18 Paul Allan 
19 Miller Fenton
26 Taylor Sutherland
28 Andrew Tod 
44 Max Little (GK)

McDonald, O Hara, Todorov, Mochrie are all better than them. And would be on the bench if we had them

The only change to the starting line up is O'halloren (and the goalie due to injury) so we havnt strenghtened much either despite going up a league.

I’d say we’re weaker at the moment. When you compare the outs to the ins it’s absolutely criminal. The loan signings made permanent of Otoo and KRH obviously really good but they were part of the squad last season so can’t really count as new signings. I appreciate injuries haven’t been kind but it’s the manager/board job to make sure we have a good squad and we haven’t got that yet this season.

Todorov scores both those chances O’Hallaron had yesterday and I won’t hear anything different.

24 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Eh?

keeper, same position 

wing back- weaker, let Macdonald go and not brought anyone else in

center back- stronger fisher and Otoo both at the club at the same time 

Deep lying center mid- same position 

attacking center mid - weaker McGowan and mochrie gone with summers coming in

winger- not a position we use very often but I think that’s where Mahon and o’halloran would be described as- slightly strong I’d think.

striker- much weaker

And that’s before you take into consideration the hit we’ve taken in injuries 

I forgot about McGowan!

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

I couldn’t make yesterday as was at a wedding but I’ve just watched the highlights and find this to be untrue. We had enough chances to win two games of football. A proper striker scores both those chances O’Hallaron had for a start.

Nonsense.