Walking Down The Halbeath Road

51 minutes ago, parslad said:

Eighteen year old lad died in his sleep. Home and away Pars fan and stood in north west. A great lad taken too soon. Sung his name yesterday and applause in 18th minute was for him.

I know it’s a while away, but hopefully the club can arrange some kind of tribute at the next home game. Thoughts are with the guy’s family & friends.

1 hour ago, parslad said:

Eighteen year old lad died in his sleep. Home and away Pars fan and stood in north west. A great lad taken too soon. Sung his name yesterday and applause in 18th minute was for him.

That’s horrific. 
What a sin that someone is taking away at such a young age. 
My deepest condolences to his family and friends. 
Well done all NW Pars fans for showing their respect to the memory of one of their own. 

Edited by Wacky

5 hours ago, Wacky said:

I’m just watching a recording of the scumfirm game right now, and Joe Hart came out and comfortably gathered the ball inside his box. Ok, so the gers player was was close to getting the ball away from Hart, but the keeper had it under control. 
The thing is McCoist said the ridiculous phrase that I hear many so called pundits say “Hart just about got away with that” when he very clearly did get away with it. Why the f**k do all these pundits make this totally daft statement, when it’s very clearly wrong. 
to just about get away with it suggests to me that a player came close but failed to be successful, but these complete boolsacks say it when the player clearly didn’t fail. 
WTAF 

ETA, it’s not McCoist 

Probably one for another thread but it's something the English say that we don't. Makes no literal sense, in the way some New Yorkers sat "I could care less" when they mean "couldn't". Think the commentator would've been working beside English colleagues for long enough that it's sunk in my osmosis.

I’m starting to get the fear that we’re not going to sign a striker. 
Is there someone who can ease my shattered nerves, and tell me that everything will be fine and signing a striker is inevitable. 
Ma pair auld nerves cannae take oany mair 

10 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I’m starting to get the fear that we’re not going to sign a striker. 
Is there someone who can ease my shattered nerves, and tell me that everything will be fine and signing a striker is inevitable. 
Ma pair auld nerves cannae take oany mair 

I genuinely think one will sign this week. Unfortunately, I also said the same last week…

The management/board are in a decent spot to get something done on the signings front. We've got to the international break, there's a SPFL Trophy game on Saturday where we have no expectations, and little under two weeks until the next meaningful game. I believe we'll turn up to Hampden on 16th September in a better position than we are at the moment. I think we'll sign one or two free agents and I think guys like Moffat/Summers will be more settled, even O'Hallaron. It'll also give a chance for Bene to recover, and Wighton assuming he was ill/injured. Kane will get more training under his belt and hopefully a start on Saturday in a pressure free game and Deniz and Matty will get nearer a return although really not expecting to see Matty this side of the clocks changing.

I'm fairly content with the first four games. We know how good Airdrie are and they've shown that against teams this season already. The Dundee Utd draw, moments away from being a win, the Raith defeat is a sore one, but we were so dominant in those big games last season (albeit against Falkirk) and unbeaten for so long in the league that something had to give, it just meant losing one of those big feel games, and our unbeaten run in one afternoon. Going to Inverness and getting a point isn't a terrible result. Over the years we'd have been happy with that, aware they've had a poor start but still a decent team and I'd be shocked if they're where they are now come May.

I read something earlier that mentioned KRH not signing until 30th September last year. So good players can still arrive towards the end of the month. I have full faith that we'll have a good competing squad for this division come the end of the loan window.

14 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

The management/board are in a decent spot to get something done on the signings front. We've got to the international break, there's a SPFL Trophy game on Saturday where we have no expectations, and little under two weeks until the next meaningful game. I believe we'll turn up to Hampden on 16th September in a better position than we are at the moment. I think we'll sign one or two free agents and I think guys like Moffat/Summers will be more settled, even O'Hallaron. It'll also give a chance for Bene to recover, and Wighton assuming he was ill/injured. Kane will get more training under his belt and hopefully a start on Saturday in a pressure free game and Deniz and Matty will get nearer a return although really not expecting to see Matty this side of the clocks changing.

I'm fairly content with the first four games. We know how good Airdrie are and they've shown that against teams this season already. The Dundee Utd draw, moments away from being a win, the Raith defeat is a sore one, but we were so dominant in those big games last season (albeit against Falkirk) and unbeaten for so long in the league that something had to give, it just meant losing one of those big feel games, and our unbeaten run in one afternoon. Going to Inverness and getting a point isn't a terrible result. Over the years we'd have been happy with that, aware they've had a poor start but still a decent team and I'd be shocked if they're where they are now come May.

I read something earlier that mentioned KRH not signing until 30th September last year. So good players can still arrive towards the end of the month. I have full faith that we'll have a good competing squad for this division come the end of the loan window.

Cheers neebur, my quaking in ma trainers, is now down to a mere trembling noo. 😅

19 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Going to Inverness and getting a point isn't a terrible result. Over the years we'd have been happy with that, aware they've had a poor start but still a decent team and I'd be shocked if they're where they are now come May.

They were absolutely appalling and if they stick with that team and manager then I'd be shocked if they didn't finish 9th or 10th.

32 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Where does O Halloran fit in too?'I'm happy to let him get to match fitness but I don't see where he fits in our set up. He's certainly no striker.

Agree. Makes sense on the right of the the front 3 we’ve played. But when we go 2 up top, he should not be one of the two.

3-4-1-2 makes sense given our midfield options, but we have Summers and Moffat to play in behind the strikers for now, so wouldn’t play O’Halloran there. Todd will have to be first choice there when he returns. We also only have Wighton that I want to see playing as a striker. McCann is definitely best on the left of a front 3 and significantly less effective through the middle.

I do wonder if a switch to 4-3-3 or similar might be our best option, with the players we have. Utilises Comrie most effectively too, as RB is definitely his strongest position. 

I think currently 343 is the way to go. Then you could put together a squad to look like;

Mehmet (if he's good to go)

Fisher Bene Otoo

KRH Hamilton Summers Edwards

Moffat Wighton McCann

Subs;

Sharp, Comrie, Breen, O'Halloran, Tod, Chalmers, Allan, Sutherland, Fenton

Still think we'll make at least 2 attacking signings which lets Tod/Sutherland maybe go out on loan unless McPake wants them to stay with the squad and play reserve football.

I think the pointless cup game comes at a good time for us. Another week to get KRH up to speed for the league, Todd for recovery and a couple new signings to bolster the squad.

1 hour ago, Nat Weederburn said:

I think currently 343 is the way to go. Then you could put together a squad to look like;

Mehmet (if he's good to go)

Fisher Bene Otoo

KRH Hamilton Summers Edwards

Moffat Wighton McCann

Subs;

Sharp, Comrie, Breen, O'Halloran, Tod, Chalmers, Allan, Sutherland, Fenton

Still think we'll make at least 2 attacking signings which lets Tod/Sutherland maybe go out on loan unless McPake wants them to stay with the squad and play reserve football.

I think the pointless cup game comes at a good time for us. Another week to get KRH up to speed for the league, Todd for recovery and a couple new signings to bolster the squad.

I'm pretty sure McPake said Tod would be staying with the first team and not going on loan.