Walking Down The Halbeath Road

52 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

There's a part of me that thinks this is total BS and just very thinly veiled racism from a minority who think they know bette

To be fair I was sceptical about the whole masterton thing when it happened, I read what many said on dotnet, and opinions were divided. The guys that broke away from dotnet and formed EEB turned out to be right about masterton, now these guys are sceptical about the German owners. 
All said us fans that don’t know the inner workings of our club will just have to hope that things aren’t as bad as they’re being painted by these guys. 

35 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

It gives me the fear a wee bit as it has an air history repeating itself before Masterton got outed.

This is my concern too. I trusted Ross Mcarthers decision to pass control of our club onto the Germans, I hope he wasn’t duped. 

18 minutes ago, North West said:

Breaking down their high level vision/plan into more detail might help fans understand where we hoping to go with things as a club.

Totally this. Way more transparency is required to steady my jittery nerves now. 

Edited by Wacky

I genuinely think it's really about transparency. Fans will always speculate, gossip and have concerns (genuine or not). Being transparent helps manage fan expectations. The club have been pretty good with fan communication initiatives, but this seems to be fans who are patrons/shareholders that are wanting more detail. If there's nowt wrong, then tell those with their concerns, then there's no issues.

Not one of us can blame fans for being over cautious given what happened just over 10 year ago. 

Also, whoever runs our club are accountable. I think the Board will be just that.

Was there not a detailed presentation all about this?

Also, talking of transparency, why exactly can't these concerns/questions for this meeting be shared widely and are instead being closely guarded by a selection few?

If there are concerns then I'd certainly like to know them as I'm sure most other fans would.

Edited by DA Baracus

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Also, talking of transparency, why exactly can't these concerns/questions for this meeting be shared widely and are instead being closely guarded by a selection few?

If there are concerns then I'd certainly like to know them as I'm sure most other fans would.

If I had that info, I'd share it.

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Because some feel that knowledge is power, and a wee inside email doing the rounds between an elite group just makes them feel a wee bit more important and ITK - Speculating of course.

Speculating further, had we won the last couple of games and not had postponements, would any of this have had the same credence/credibility. Does feel like there’s been a swell of opinion change when you read forums, but that could be driven by one Guy with multiple usernames with an axe to grind for all we know!

I do think David Cook needs to be a bit more seen and heard in public, maybe an update video or similar would be useful.  There does feel like he’s getting a bit of a negative press from many fans, possibly because he’s not being open enough about how things are going as an update piece to fill the void of no noise/football.  

6 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Because some feel that knowledge is power, and a wee inside email doing the rounds between an elite group just makes them feel a wee bit more important and ITK - Speculating of course.

Speculating further, had we won the last couple of games and not had postponements, would any of this have had the same credence/credibility. Does feel like there’s been a swell of opinion change when you read forums, but that could be driven by one Guy with multiple usernames with an axe to grind for all we know!

I do think David Cook needs to be a bit more seen and heard in public, maybe an update video or similar would be useful.  There does feel like he’s getting a bit of a negative press from many fans, possibly because he’s not being open enough about how things are going as an update piece to fill the void of no noise/football.  

Yeah could be that. I notice that there's been quite a few sponsorship deals done this season, with a drinks one completed recently, that aren't really commented on when the inevitable stuff about Cook and the commercial director taking a wage comes up.

However could also be genuine concerns that need addressed/answers, but if they won't share then we can't know.

4 hours ago, Wacky said:

We’d better hope they don’t read this thread on EEB forum. 
Many of these guys were right about the whole Masterton thing while many didn’t even know what was going on, now these guys are posting this. Things might not be as rosy at the club as I thought 

https://www.eastendbounce.org/topic/6619-greg-shields/

I can absolutely guarantee that Raymie guy is a complete c**t IRL.

Wanting to be the centre of attention and dishing out little hints about information. Either tell people what you know or shut the f**k up.

28 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Nail. Head. 

19 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Wanting to be the centre of attention and dishing out little hints about information. Either tell people what you know or shut the f**k up.

Raymie is a shareholder so will have received the email circulated for consideration before the shareholders meeting. So he's obviously in possession of the concerns. I don't think he'll breach the trust aspect as the emails are sent to a select few (shareholders). That's fair. He's also stated what his own concerns are and what his questions will be. That's fair. Like all us here he's expressing opinions, that's fair.

I'm not his keeper, but I don't think it's fair calling him a c***. In my experience he's anything but.

14 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I must admit that gets on my truppenny bits too. Clearly one of these “look at me, I know something you don’t know” type gloaters. 

5 minutes ago, North West said:

Raymie is a shareholder so will have received the email circulated for consideration before the shareholders meeting. So he's obviously in possession of the concerns. I don't think he'll breach the trust aspect as the emails are sent to a select few (shareholders). That's fair. He's also stated what his own concerns are and what his questions will be. That's fair. Like all us here he's expressing opinions, that's fair.

I'm not his keeper, but I don't think it's fair calling him a c***. In my experience he's anything but.

I don’t know the guy at all, but it begs the question of why say anything at all if you won’t share the reason for your concerns? 
If I had information I wasn’t prepared to share, I’d say nothing that would fuel unwarranted speculation leading to unrest amongst the less informed fans. 

One significant concern for me is that Gmbh advised from the outset that they were focused on sustainability yet we are rumoured to have made substantial losses in League One last season. Yet, when we last achieved promotion from the same division, we made a nominal profit and that was without having Falkirk in the league for two large home gates.

What is the business model? What has changed in the business model, since then, for the pendulum to swing so significantly in the opposite direction?

Why have we made a "significant" loss if we are focusing on being self-sustainable?

2 minutes ago, parsdaft said:

One significant concern for me is that Gmbh advised from the outset that they were focused on sustainability yet we are rumoured to have made substantial losses in League One last season. Yet, when we last achieved promotion from the same division, we made a nominal profit and that was without having Falkirk in the league for two large home gates.

What is the business model? What has changed in the business model, since then, for the pendulum to swing so significantly in the opposite direction?

Why have we made a "significant" loss if we are focusing on being self-sustainable?

Indeed.

8 minutes ago, North West said:

There's a million questions. That's why we end up discussing things football related.

Why say anything? ...It got highlighted on EEB about a number shareholders/patrons being unhappy about certain aspects of how the club is being run. The discussion then developed from there on the EEB to on here as subject matter. Raymie isn't part of the discussion here, or able to defend himself, but he spoke up on the EEB because he's worried in some way (I'd surmise). He's said on the EEB thread what he's personally worried about and said what questions he will be asking. He's not divulging what Tom McGuire is worried about on the email because it's sent out in confidence. It's not sinister imo

This is fair enough, but history of this kind of thing on dotnet caused a massive divide in the support. 
I’m not meaning to single this one guy out, like most posters on EEB he doesn’t come across as an uninformed shit stirrer, but I believe that it would serve us all a bit better if people ITK would personal message each other instead of posting it on an open forum that leads to this kind of speculation. 
IMO, this kind of thing could easily lead to serious unrest and misinformation being thrown around. I’m only putting this out there, it’s very possible that a shareholder could be disgruntled for any number of reasons, and could potentially be trying to stir shite up to cause distrust for their own ends. 
As far as I’m aware I don’t know any of these people that post on EEB, so there’s a good chance I could be doing them a massive injustice, so with that in mind I’m going to bow out of this and stop my speculation on motives etc. 

4 minutes ago, parsdaft said:

Can only guess but paying off managers and their staff in addition to paying Championship wages in League 1 with reduced prize money?

Certainly a question to be asked and I'm sure there will be answers.

Being self succficient is a longer term goal and doesn't happen right away, same with most of the stuff talked about. I think there are too many fans who don't have the patience for that though and want success right now. We all want success of course, but the reality is that we simply won't have it every season and the plan is to try and make it happen more often, otherwise we continue with the usual cycle of hiring/firing and hope we get it right this time. Not sure how sustainable that is, and maybe the attempted model isn't sustainable either, but surely worth a shot rather than the same old?

There can be many factors resulting in a loss that don't mean things aren't sustainable. 

Could be the devaluation of assets and the loss going into the P+L. Or the scrapping of assets.

Could be other accounting adjustments.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I take it you know this guy, CIM?

im a bit concerned about the club just now. One young lad who is a centre half so far and the window closing soon. No rumours about who he are after. We live in hope 

Edited by Well over Par

Drove past a very sodden Pitreavie there. Was a good number taking part in training and also one other seemed to be running on their own with a member of staff around the new artificial surface that has just been installed so hopefully that's someone nearing full training. All guesses I suppose, could be Zack Rudden or another new player doing some sort of medical! Impossible to see who was who today for obvious reasons, jackets, snoods and hats galore!

1 minute ago, Well over Par said:

im a bit concerned about the club just now. One young lad who is a centre half so far and the window closing soon. No rumours about who he ate after. We live in hope 

I hope whoever he ate isn't a defender.

1 minute ago, Well over Par said:

im a bit concerned about the club just now. One young lad who is a centre half so far and the window closing soon. No rumours about who he are after. We live in hope 

Still over a week of the window which works out about three years in Dunfermline.