Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Aye, Dundee have a shit-tonne actually! I always thought you were only allowed a certain amount. Looks like we could get one or two more then in theory? Really hope Ashcroft is one.

No more under 23 squad players from England though. Falkirk already proved that is the wrong road to go down and quite honestly, I'm remaining unconvinced of our two unless they start giving performances.

19 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

No more under 23 squad players from England though. Falkirk already proved that is the wrong road to go down and quite honestly, I'm remaining unconvinced of our two unless they start giving performances.

We can't sign anybody from England now. Deadline was February 1st. Only domestic loans or free agents now.

Edited by Chubbychops

16 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I know we needed guys that can hit the ground running, but I think these two will come good. 

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

We can't sign anybody from England now. Deadline was February 1st. Only domestic loans or free agents now.

Thanks, not being paying attention to the various deadlines.

37 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Am I right in thinking we can get another 4 loans in then? As long as they play in the SPFL? 

Think the limit is 5 domestic loans and we currently have 2. So we can get 3 more.

They would have to be from the top flight too, as you can only loan players from a higher division during this window, I believe.

IMG_7789.jpeg

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

They would have to be from the top flight too, as you can only loan players from a higher division during this window, I believe.

IMG_7789.jpeg

No, you can loan from any club in the pyramid. The extension to the loan window doesn’t have further restrictions.

However it’s almost certainly going to be someone from the premiership we’d bring in as the quality isn’t really there outside of the top 2 leagues and there’s very little chance someone will be stupid enough to do a Vaughan to Dumbarton deal again.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

No, you can loan from any club in the pyramid. The extension to the loan window doesn’t have further restrictions.

However it’s almost certainly going to be someone from the premiership we’d bring in as the quality isn’t really there outside of the top 2 leagues and there’s very little chance someone will be stupid enough to do a Vaughan to Dumbarton deal again.

Or us loaning Wighton to Arbroath again. 🫢

If we can get 3 loans in then Stevie May, Lee Ashcroft, and a central midfielder would be most welcome. Can't think of any midfielders though. 

What a shambles of a season. 

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Think the limit is 5 domestic loans and we currently have 2. So we can get 3 more.

IMG_7789.jpeg

We loaned East Kilbride's Ally Roy in the last extended loan window so you're probably making that up.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Quite what that says to Brad Holmes, I can't say.

He’s only been at the club for two games, he’ll play plenty football but we need experience up there too. He’s got better striker movement than McCann.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

We loaned East Kilbride's Ally Roy in the last extended loan window so you're probably making that up.

Don't think there’s any need for that kind of comment, we all get things wrong at times. Also, I was just going by what was reported by some media outlets around deadline day. Here’s one example:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/when-is-transfer-deadline-day-in-scotland-what-time-does-the-window-shut-can-players-sign-after-deadline-4002186

But, you just continue to be patronising for no obvious reason, because you’ve obviously never been wrong. 

IMG_7796.jpeg

Fenton is LB and so I doubt he will be bothered. I understand Walcott being brought in as he was seemingly a target for this coming summer, and so they got him in early. It could serve a few purposes there, however might now also scare him off and also shatter any confidence he had..a lot of pressure was placed on him and I won't judge him based on that Morton performance alone.

But with Fisher out again as well, yes we wanted another CB but not someone with little first team experience.  The other two don't make much sense at all. 

End of the day it's not the young lads fault. They've come here in good faith hoping for some first team games and been launched into a shit show. I won't hold that against them. 

Edited by Heaton

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

But, you just continue to be patronising for no obvious reason, because you’ve obviously never been wrong. 

I stand corrected you and the Scotsman have both made that up.

Edited by LeodhasXD