Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

The money will be the headline figure but also how the f**k do we have 84 employees? That suggests like academy costs are massive, wasn’t that long ago we had about 5 non first team employees and that’s increased tenfold

I’m only guessing here, but bar staff ball persons and maybe some stewards are on the books as expenses? Could all the players, management, back room staff, board members, any consultant’s, groundskeepers etc be lumped into that figure? 

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

You're not buying "We budgeted to finish in the playoffs but we won the league by mistake and without those four extra games we lost a million quid"? 

Surprisingly, no. 

The talk about away supports is fucking daft aswell, our attendances were a decent bit higher last season, than they were the season before in the Championship. 

Rumoured to be another sizeable loss on the way this season. 

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

They're absolutely horrific. 

As is the reasoning in the club website. 

I personally don’t think it is. Ok, it’s a bit bizarre about losing revenue because we won the league, but we have spent money n the training grounds which is an investment for the future, that’s not going to be an annual expense forever. 

1 minute ago, Wacky said:

I personally don’t think it is. Ok, it’s a bit bizarre about losing revenue because we won the league, but we have spent money n the training grounds which is an investment for the future, that’s not going to be an annual expense forever. 

Not going to by much use if you don’t have a team to train at it.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Have you checked down the back of the couch?

Did you think of that all by yourself, or did someone help you? 
Either way, well done champ. 

39 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The money will be the headline figure but also how the f**k do we have 84 employees? That suggests like academy costs are massive, wasn’t that long ago we had about 5 non first team employees and that’s increased tenfold

We lost the services of Stephen Taylor, dont know if he was on the payroll or not. I did wonder at the time if his stepping down last October had anything to do with this reported loss that was rumoured even back then.

The club brought in a salaried chap, new Commercial Manager, Alastair Burns. Former Viking Cruises Director, brought in to establish new revenue streams etc. Fair bit of pressure on him then given these reported losses and the rumoured (significant) 6 figure projected losses for this season.

We also employed Ian Ross Laing from Lombardi Associates, and I'd assume he is on a decent salary. Again another assumption, part of this chaps responsibility must be using his expertise to look after contract negotiations. Not that we've had many of those of late.

Those chaps plus David Cooks salary must all amount to a tidy sum.

Edited by North West

55 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We had 72 last year.  That’ll include all the ticket and hospitality staff as well, basically anyone on the payroll from the club.  

Had a look at the accounts there.  Still £700k cash in bank though I’d want to know more about who the “other creditors” are at £500k.    Not surprised at the loss figure it’s pretty much what has been touted around.  Does hammer home to anyone in doubt about how essential not getting relegated is.