Walking Down The Halbeath Road

19 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I'd take it as a positive that they managed to get a grant for some of the money.  If it is available for this sort of thing, it is good that someone at the club had the good sense to realise this and apply for it. 

I don't really get the point about Fussball Gmbh.  They, in all reality, own the club.  It's their plan to build the training ground and they have funded it.  

Some folk are still having difficulty with it not being people they’ve known for years being in charge (and sometimes it was their pals) and it now being a bunch of guys who they don’t know.  That probably explains a lot of the skepticism.   

I'll always be skeptical about why a bunch of people with zero connection to the club, town (now city) or country came and "invested" in us. I'd much rather a local board or being fan owned. Lay a plastic pitch at East End (with a grant) and go from there.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I'd take it as a positive that they managed to get a grant for some of the money.  If it is available for this sort of thing, it is good that someone at the club had the good sense to realise this and apply for it. 

I don't really get the point about Fussball Gmbh.  They, in all reality, own the club.  It's their plan to build the training ground and they have funded it.  

Main thing is it's there, the reality of how they get there is irrelevant as they own the club. OK, got you

Edited by North West

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

I'll always be skeptical about why a bunch of people with zero connection to the club, town (now city) or country came and "invested" in us. I'd much rather a local board or being fan owned. Lay a plastic pitch at East End (with a grant) and go from there.

And if promoted (big if obviously) then said pitch would have to get ripped up at great cost.   Again.  

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Some folk are still having difficulty with it not being people they’ve known for years being in charge (and sometimes it was their pals) and it now being a bunch of guys who they don’t know.  That probably explains a lot of the skepticism.   

Certainly not the case for me personally. In fact its got sod all to do with it. 

Edited by North West

6 minutes ago, parsboi said:

And if promoted (big if obviously) then said pitch would have to get ripped up at great cost.   Again.  

Well no. Nothings concrete about that proposal and that would be a bridge you'd cross when you came to it. We've spent 4 seasons in the 3rd tier since we last played in the top flight.

38 minutes ago, North West said:

Certainly not the case for me personally. In fact its got sod all to do with it. 

Like I said, “some folk” and “a lot”.  Not everyone or all.    

I didn’t personally know many of the previous board members and don’t know any on the current one.  Have met a few of them from both, always came across well enough to me in the very short time spent in their company.   I do think every one of them has the want and wish for the best for the football club though - just different ways of getting there.  Whether they’re right, we’ll find out in time.

3 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

I get this but I'm almost the opposite in some respects. While Pars fans clubbed together and saved the club, many of them running the club and being members of the board, that doesn't mean they are best-qualified to maximise the potential of our club. I'm always wary that someone's passion and affiliation for a club really makes them the best owners or custodians, where heart might have a tendency to rule the head. It's the same reason I've no real interest in past heroes returning to play or manage the club unless they are clearly the best qualified for the job - in a lot of cases across a lot of football clubs, it's a recipe for disaster.

Instead, I'm interested in owners that are qualified and have clear pedigree in running a football club. They're here to make money, which is fine, and the best way to make money in football is to be successful. We're not a club where you could syphon off millions and run the club into the ground, so I'm working on the basis that the owners are serious about building this club up. Yes, I have concerns about some of the strategy, the comms, the investment in an academy, etc but overall, I don't see them being any worse than what a board of local fans could do for the club. 

Obviously time will tell, but for now, I'm OK with what's going on and the next year will go a long way to defining their legacy. Training facility/academy will be in full swing, hopefully a better season on the park, and hopefully by next year, the finances start to move in the right direction.

3 hours ago, parsboi said:

A lot of the skepticism? I think for the most part is that we're just a bit shit at playing football, have been for over a decade now and things haven't gotten better under the new ownership, truthfully it's gotten a bit worse imo. 

44 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Great intent right there. The Pars itch is coming back.

Yeahhh! Pars itch
Ye’ll get an ointment for that neebs.