Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, HoBNob said:

Must've been a massive riddy to get scudded to the title so easily a couple of seasons ago then eh. 

I think we managed to get over the disappointment of two seasons ago more than adequately last season.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

I think we managed to get over the disappointment of two seasons ago more than adequately last season.

Whooooo, we managed to beat a few part time sides so that made up for watching my teams biggest rivals bend them over at a sold out EEP. 

395767383.gallery.thumb.jpg.804d961c081c086fa6506da243402af6.jpg

But aye, congratulations on beating Annan and Edinburgh City. 

Just now, HoBNob said:

Whooooo, we managed to beat a few part time sides so that made up for watching my teams biggest rivals bend them over at a sold out EEP. 

395767383.gallery.thumb.jpg.804d961c081c086fa6506da243402af6.jpg

But aye, congratulations on beating Annan and Edinburgh City. 

You are going to have to do much better than this predictable pish not that anything will detract from a hugely enjoyable and historic season.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

You are going to have to do much better than this predictable pish not that anything will detract from a hugely enjoyable and historic season.

😂

9 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Are Falkirk fans serious when they act like being "invincible" in the Scottish third tier is an achievement?

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are Falkirk fans serious when they act like being "invincible" in the Scottish third tier is an achievement?

Yeah, silly Falkirk fans, hur hur hur.

INVINCIBLE seasons come around every year or two don't they. 

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yeah, silly Falkirk fans, hur hur hur.

INVINCIBLE seasons come around every year or two don't they. 

I mean, for starters it wasn't an "invincible season", as you lost to Dundee United, TNS, and Bonnyrigg Rose.

For seconds, it's genuinely hilarious you're actually gloating about this as if people will be jealous.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I mean, for starters it wasn't an "invincible season", as you lost to Dundee United, TNS, and Bonnyrigg Rose.

For seconds, it's genuinely hilarious you're actually gloating about this as if people will be jealous.

I realise this is the Dunfermline thread, you're more than welcome to discuss on ours, but you're absolutely at it here 😂

I think an unbeaten league run is a pretty good achievement. But….. personally I preferred coming straight back up after relegation, it would have been hugely embarrassing as a full time club with a reasonably large fan base to be relegated and take many many years to climb back up. 
Well done though. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You must have missed the memo. After Dunfermline and Airdrie got promoted last year, it became the toughest League 1 in history. Edinburgh City nearly going bust and losing convincingly every week (other than when they played Falkirk) made it particularly challenging to win.

Worth noting that the quality of that League One last year was the worst it’s probably been in years. We beat Hamilton and cuffed Montrose least season without getting out of second gear.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You know fine well it refers to the league you cheeky monkey.

And the comments from these others are quite revealing. They won L1 at a canter, but nobody will remember that side in 20 years time.

They are welcome to have a bash next time they're down though.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, North West said:

*codswallop 

Either that or *balderdash? 
Or perhaps a combination of both, ya know *codsdash or *balderwallop. 
personally I think it’s just pish

Edited by Wacky

Winning a league without losing a game is a very good achievement regardless, Falkirk were a league 1 side. The level of that achievement is clearly subjective and we will all have our opinions on it. If it was us we’d have been lapping at up. Their marketing department are going in heavy and it’s getting them a good level of season tickets. Fair play. 

The rest is my opinion. We lost 1 game when the league was significantly tougher, and we showed a lot of loyalty to these players who performed and had a distinctively average season in Championship. It’s early in break but early indications suggest Falkirk are doing same and will be running a smallish squad, so for that reason I can’t see them troubling the top 4. When reality sets in they’ll be back in their box, unless we’re piss poor too. 

43 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Either that or *balderdash? 
Or perhaps a combination of both, ya know *codsdash or *balderwallop. 
personally I think it’s just pish

Pish, that is suffice.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You know fine well it refers to the league you cheeky monkey.

And the comments from these others are quite revealing. They won L1 at a canter, but nobody will remember that side in 20 years time.

They are welcome to have a bash next time they're down though.

Other than being the side which tawed you and won the league at a canter. Add Airdrie and Dunfermline and you would still be a league 1 outfit next year playing in Grangemouth. That is all.

8 minutes ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Other than being the side which tawed you and won the league at a canter. Add Airdrie and Dunfermline and you would still be a league 1 outfit next year playing in Grangemouth. That is all.

Nickelodeon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants