Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Not a fan of the keeper top, especially the badge re-design.

Last seasons efforts were utterly fucking brilliant tho and it's hard to meet that standard year after year.

1. What? It's a deliberate nod to a classic! Well executed, including the badge. 

2. What? I wasn't keen at all on last year's efforts. The red one was the best of a bad bunch but was too shiny and cheap looking. 

Anyway, it's a no for me on the home strip. Like the goalkeeper one, and if rumours are to be believed about a black and gold away, hopefully errea don't f**k up another classic too much.

35 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

1. What? It's a deliberate nod to a classic! Well executed, including the badge. 

2. What? I wasn't keen at all on last year's efforts. 

The keepers tops from last year are my reference, both were absolutely fucking brilliant. From the other tops the away top was the worst effort. 

What year are you referring too for the classic top? I guess from the badge colour your taking of late 90s/early 2000s

42 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The keepers tops from last year are my reference, both were absolutely fucking brilliant. From the other tops the away top was the worst effort. 

What year are you referring too for the classic top? I guess from the badge colour your taking of late 90s/early 2000s

IMG_0011.jpeg

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

What year are you referring too for the classic top? I guess from the baadge colour your taking of late 90s/early 2000s

10 hours ago, CallumPar said:

IMG_0011.jpeg

Indeed. As you can see - same colours, same badge, same placement of badge. If the rumours are to be believed, the away kit will be a version of this: 

Screenshot_20240623_101944_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9c1d58d014a95b1330408af8e6489cce.jpg

Which will probably fly off the shelves. Not sure if they'll have white shorts (as they did at the time) or black though given our home kit has white shorts.

18 minutes ago, North West said:

Tbh I don't like it really, however I won't purchase it anyway. 

Me wearing a fitbaw top would look like shoving jelly into a balloon and standing on it. Should sell to skinny gits only. 

Pics or gtf

28 minutes ago, North West said:

Tbh I don't like it really, however I won't purchase it anyway. 

Me wearing a fitbaw top would look like shoving jelly into a balloon and standing on it. Should sell to skinny gits only. 

Like this?

a-large-man-in-a-red-england-football-shirt-paddles-in-fountain-in-D2MHJE.thumb.jpg.54363a71042fccac2be5f7969b2617d7.jpg

4 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Dunfermline quoted with an interest as well as QPR u23s and Thistle.

He's fast but not sure if I'd ha e him as first choice fullback.

Shock would be right, he's not very good. Would be stunned at him playing again at Championship level.

Edited by true_rover

Few news outlets saying Wotherspoon in training again. Even a year on, after everything that happened I’d take him, that bit of experience, composure and quality in the final third that we craved last season. If it’s going to happen, please let it happen quickly.

I'd still be happy to sign Wotherspoon. Clearly has pedigree that would elevate the squad (although it wouldn't be an earth-shattering signing), and with an increased emphasis on youth, I think his experience would be a net positive.

I do think he'd have a lot to prove though - it's hard not to feel like he's just using the club and if he signs, it's likely because nothing else came along. Fair enough, that's likely the case for a lot of players, but when you allow it to play out in public like he's done, I think he'd have a little bit more to prove to convince fans he wasn't just here collecting a wage. If he goes on to sign for a rival, I'd start to think the club are too soft and letting some potential players waste their time. 

Wotherspoon would definitely add something the squad doesn't currently have in terms of creativity. Would be an absolute upgrade over Moffat/Summers in that regard if he stays fit. 

Presumably the move to Canada is not on the cards anymore as that's what was implied for much of last year?