Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I see The Courier are reporting that Ryan McGowan is leaving St Johnstone and has agreed a move to an unnamed Scottish Championship club that he will sign for this week..

Some Saints fans seem disappointed to lose him. Wonder if we might be in for another centre back. Only got three and we tend to play 3 at the back. I would imagine he will be going to one of the big spending clubs like Raith, Livi, Ayr or Partick though.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

We have four don't we? Thought McPake said Young was to be part of the first team now? Hamilton can cover there as well, although I'd far rather him in midfield.

Forgot about Sam Young but never seriously though he was ready for the first team yet. Sure he's only 17.

1 minute ago, Heaton said:

Looks like a 5 at the back tonight by the line up. Possibly 5 3 2 or a 5 3 1 1

I still don't think we have the wide centre backs, and without Edwards I don't think we have any wingbacks to play 5 at the back. 

51 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I see The Courier are reporting that Ryan McGowan is leaving St Johnstone and has agreed a move to an unnamed Scottish Championship club that he will sign for this week..

Some Saints fans seem disappointed to lose him. Wonder if we might be in for another centre back. Only got three and we tend to play 3 at the back. I would imagine he will be going to one of the big spending clubs like Raith, Livi, Ayr or Partick though.

Why is ayr big spending ? 

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Falkirk I think. There’s a McGlynn connection. Played for him at Hearts.

It's truly amazing all these players giving up small fortunes to play for "buttons" for Raith . Really warms yer cockles so it does. It'll be jumpers for goalposts soon. Charles "Charley" Charles incoming....

Edited by da_no_1

10 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

It's truly amazing all these players giving up small fortunes to play for "buttons" for Raith . Really warms yer cockles so it does. It'll be jumpers for goalposts soon. Charles "Charley" Charles incoming....

You mean you wouldn’t play for the world famous Rovers for less than other teams pay? I smell 💩

McPake still going for this "play it to O'Halloran to charge down the right wing and try to cross it in" all half, which isn't working.  Must be into double figures corners from that, but little real threat.

Really close to being 2-0 there.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

McPake still going for this "play it to O'Halloran to charge down the right wing and try to cross it in" all half, which isn't working.  Must be into double figures corners from that, but little real threat.

Really close to being 2-0 there.

O'Halloran can only run in straight lines. He never lifts his head either.  McPake loves a winger playing RWB in his god awful back 5. He seems to be the only person that thinks we're better playing in that set-up.

Nice equaliser at very end.  Whipped into the box from left instead by the #10* (trialist?) for McCann with a diving header between a few defenders.

*ignored on the left for much of the half, but he never shouted for anything.

Edited by Hedgecutter