Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Interesting comments from Benedictus on the official website, main part saying that the squad needs more players.

At which point do the board stop burying their heads in the sand?

We're skint. Despite the grants and money from the investors meant to cover the academy and training facilities. Unless I got that wrong, where are the losses coming from? The CEO wages and the gas bill? I can't fathom it given the level of support the club has.

Edited by Heaton

4 minutes ago, Heaton said:

We're skint. Despite the grants and money from the investors meant to cover the academy and training facilities. Unless I got that wrong, where are the losses coming from? The CEO wages and the gas bill? I can't fathom it given the level of support the club has.

Me neither. It'd be semi acceptable if we were any good. We're shite

We're skint and still 5 players short of having an average sized squad.  What hideous mis-management. This nonsense of calling teenagers first team players doesn't wash either. Only Taylor Sutherland is remotely near the required standard for a first team championship player.

Young Andy Tod looked lost on Saturday. He's not at the required level just now and having to keep playing him due to having nobody else will just destroy his confidence. It's not giving him a chance, it's hanging him out to dry. I think there is potentially a good player there btw but he's not playing well enough to appear in the first team at the moment. Appearances have to be on merit not due to Meggle and the board forcing it apon the management team.

These young lads should be playing when they show the right level of performance, not due to having no option but play them.

Edited by Chubbychops

I wonder if it is possible your board is now holding back on giving McPake any more budget knowing they’ll probably have to sack him soon? Our board magically seemed to find funds for John McGlynn when he came back in 2018 that weren’t available to Barry Smith.

14 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I wonder if it is possible your board is now holding back on giving McPake any more budget knowing they’ll probably have to sack him soon? Our board magically seemed to find funds for John McGlynn when he came back in 2018 that weren’t available to Barry Smith.

Your club seems to be good at conjuring up funds from nowhere

45 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Our board are very shot shy. They were reluctant to sack Peter Grant and they weren't going to sack Yogi, he resigned. We would have to be a good few points adrift by say December for them to think about sacking James McPake.

McPake is unhappy as we can't get players in. I don't believe for one minute it's because we're "skint". I think it's more the board have a way of doings things, if they think someone warrants a year and the player is being stubborn on two then we won't do it, same if they want a certain wage. Apparently we have a tiered system. If we can't sign players and run with a small squad (with injuries) then the board don't really have grounds to sack, they'd look foolish and it would put off any potential new candidates for the role. If this is the budget the board are providing, then this is the return they have to expect, mediocrity with the aim of avoiding relegation.

I honestly think right now there's more chance of James McPake chucking it and walking than him being sacked.

The big issue is if things keep going the way they have been this season, then the fans start to vote with feet which is a far bigger problem and it's only another couple of bad results from that happening. For some it's already happened.

7 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Our board are very shot shy. They were reluctant to sack Peter Grant and they weren't going to sack Yogi, he resigned. We would have to be a good few points adrift by say December for them to think about sacking James McPake.

McPake is unhappy as we can't get players in. I don't believe for one minute it's because we're "skint". I think it's more the board have a way of doings things, if they think someone warrants a year and the player is being stubborn on two then we won't do it, same if they want a certain wage. Apparently we have a tiered system. If we can't sign players and run with a small squad (with injuries) then the board don't really have grounds to sack, they'd look foolish and it would put off any potential new candidates for the role. If this is the budget the board are providing, then this is the return they have to expect, mediocrity with the aim of avoiding relegation.

I honestly think right now there's more chance of James McPake chucking it and walking than him being sacked.

The big issue is if things keep going the way they have been this season, then the fans start to vote with feet which is a far bigger problem and it's only another couple of bad results from that happening. For some it's already happened.

The board aren't skint but right now I reckon the club is.

4 hours ago, par-adise said:

Tobi Oluwayemi incoming on loan from Celtic B as our saviour between the sticks. 

He's not the first choice keeper for Celtic B, not even second choice. That place belongs to Aidan Rice. And that's in a team humped 3-0 by East Kilbride last night.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/c3gvyeyz99zt#Line-ups

Maybe he's third choice.