Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Well this is it folks. The league campaign is underway today. I’m going to Livi more out of habit than anything else, but I have to say that I don’t expect anything from this game. I think the performance today will decide if I find alternative ways to fill my Saturdays on away days, I’ll continue to go to home games as I would be letting a friend down otherwise. 
Watching Falkirk and QP last night made my heart sink, both these teams played some really good attacking football, and I bet I wasn’t alone in my envy of the subs both teams had at their disposal? I just can’t see how we could counter that with our slow dreary pace. Mehmet has somehow managed to get worse and we don’t have any serious competition for the gloves. Our whole defensive line is just not good enough, and because we are playing the same way and mostly the same players as last season teams  know our lack of strengths and weaknesses.
Here’s hoping we can tread water and get some decent loan players in at the end of the month coz I fear for us otherwise. 

Never been less optimistic or excited for a season starting as I am now. That's me supporting this club for nearly 35+ years. 

I'm so angry at the state of affairs I won't be going to the first home game for fear we will get hammered and my emotions won't be containable. 

I hope we somehow see something more positive on the park but not sure how that will happen. f**ksake!!

Edited by Heaton

I’m not going today. Usually go home and away. First time I’ve missed the opening league game that I can remember. But I’m just not feeling it right now. Supporting the club feels like more of a chore. It feels like there’s something seriously wrong at the club and those in power just don’t seem to be interested in sorting it.

Last season, we were slow to conclude transfers. Most clubs would identify that and fix the issues. Instead, we’ve been even worse this year. I’m fed up hearing about the academy and the training facility. They’re great ideas and I have no issue with us making that part of the plan. But it seems to be at the expense of the first team.

We’re a professional football club, asking supporters to buy tickets, merchandise etc. the fans do that for the first team. But the first team seems to have been neglected by the board for over a year now. It doesn’t seem to be on their agenda at all.

The league cup campaign should have been a wake up call, that we need to invest in the first team squad. However, I don’t think we will.

This keeper farce just sums the club up right now. It’s been a year since we loaned in Harry Sharp, to avoid having to play Max Little. We knew at that point we needed to replace Little this summer. Targets should have been identified between then and January, with a quick solution prior to pre-season. The farce with not knowing rules followed, but even that would have been too late.

Also, this 17 year old isn’t a new signing. How did nobody at the club think of registering him before now? Incompetence.

edit to add - for the sake of those going, I really hope they put in a decent performance today. 

Edited by CallumPar

22 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I bet I wasn’t alone in my envy of the subs both teams had at their disposal? 

QP brought on two teenagers from their academy who don't even have Wikipedia pages, and a forward they signed from Truro City. A smashing goal aside I thought they were poor. 

13 minutes ago, par-adise said:

QP brought on two teenagers from their academy who don't even have Wikipedia pages, and a forward they signed from Truro City. A smashing goal aside I thought they were poor. 

Correct.

Our bench is looking quite strong but the QP fans and staff are well aware that they have a decent 1st XI and that's it.

They were poor, and 2v1 is very flattering to them.

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Correct.

Our bench is looking quite strong but the QP fans and staff are well aware that they have a decent 1st XI and that's it.

They were poor, and 2v1 is very flattering to them.

Thought yous were decent tbf, we'll get pumped next week

1 minute ago, Heaton said:

Nae left back now. 

Screenshot_20240803_154834_X.jpg

Our one and only left back. Another position we have know for an age that we need cover for and done nothing about it.  Almost like we planned for having no injuries this season.

If he does walk and it truly is the shit show we suspect behind the scenes, I fully expect him to say some home truths on his way out. 

He isn't without blame though and should be getting more from the first 11 he has at least. Granted he has no depth to put pressure on the first team who know we don't have options to replace most of them.

3 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

You couldn’t make it up. I really do think mcpake will walk if we lose to the six fingered lot 

He'll be walking then because they will fancy a win at EEP and who could blame them.

Livi were like buying money today and Falkirk will likely be the same next week.

No chance he'll walk unless he's walking into something else. Can't see any club taking a chance on him now so unless the BBC need another pundit we're stuck with him until the board grow a pair and punt him and cook.