Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I have a season ticket and haven't seen us win since 15 March. That was also the last time we scored from open play at home in the league. In our last four home league games we've scored twice. A penalty and a header from a corner. 

There's no argument for keeping McPake. 

Since the start of last season his win rate, up to today, is 29%. Goals per game is 1.1.

John Hughes' win rate was 27% and goals per game was 0.96.

Very concerning similarities and it will end the same way.

For a laugh, Peter Grant's goals per game was higher than both, at 1.34, although his win rate was much lower, at 19% (and they were all in the League Cup).

Edited by DA Baracus

Just now, DA Baracus said:

There's no argument for keeping McPake. 

Since the start of last season his win rate, up to today, is 29%. Goals per game is 1.1.

John Hughes' win rate was 27% and goals per game was 0.96.

Very concerning similarities and it will end the same way.

For a laugh, Peter Grant's goals per game was higher than both, at 1.34, although his win rate was much lower, at 19%.

Yep, we have a uninspiring manager whose working with a thin and badly assembled squad. 

The season boils down to hoping there are a few sides worse than ourselves 😬

So, third strip unveil on Wednesday. The question still stands as to who will “welcome” us to this? 
It’s been said that this will be about kids and families turning up so it’ll probably be a little bit more subdued, but there was kids and families at the game on Saturday and cook was still getting it tight. 
I cringe when I hear grown men dishing out abuse, and petty name calling insults, but I think it’s time the fans were heard. I hope the fans don’t get abusive towards any club officials that turn up at the unveiling, but I fear I’m hoping against hope. 
I genuinely don’t think mcpakes record with us is good enough, and I think he’ll be the first big change made at our club. 
After all, turkeys won’t vote for Christmas will they? 

Edited by Wacky

There's a time and a place for making feelings known - third kit launch is not it. If you can't make a point without resorting to abuse, stay clear - a poor turnout is just as likely to get the point across. 

Heard about the abuse directed at Cook on Saturday and it's completely unacceptable. Absolutely classless behaviour, especially in front of kids. The fan base should quite rightly find ways to hold the Cook and the club to account, but personal abuse is completely unacceptable. It's right up there with throwing pyros onto the pitch and struggling to get them over the heads of young kids helping to hold up a tifo.

17 minutes ago, Wacky said:

So, third strip unveil on Wednesday. The question still stands as to who will “welcome” us to this? 
It’s been said that this will be about kids and families turning up so it’ll probably be a little bit more subdued, but there was kids and families at the game on Saturday and cook was still getting it tight. 
I cringe when I hear grown men dishing out abuse, and petty name calling insults, but I think it’s time the fans were heard. I hope the fans don’t get abusive towards any club officials that turn up at the unveiling, but I fear I’m hoping against hope. 
I genuinely don’t think mcpakes record with us is good enough, and I think he’ll be the first big change made at our club. 
After all, turkeys won’t vote for Christmas will they? 

3 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

There's a time and a place for making feelings known - third kit launch is not it. If you can't make a point without resorting to abuse, stay clear - a poor turnout is just as likely to get the point across. 

Heard about the abuse directed at Cook on Saturday and it's completely unacceptable. Absolutely classless behaviour, especially in front of kids. The fan base should quite rightly find ways to hold the Cook and the club to account, but personal abuse is completely unacceptable. It's right up there with throwing pyros onto the pitch and struggling to get them over the heads of young kids helping to hold up a tifo.

I can't see there being any bother at the open session/third kit launch. Think it'll be pretty tame, however what I will say is the turnout will likely be gash. Not only because of how things are going, but it's at 

If anyone is sad enough to go along to this to be disruptive and abusive then they need to have a serious word with themselves. As I made my way down at FT on Saturday I made my feelings known without a complete heads-gone moment. I continue to believe this is a boardroom level issue but the manager is not blameless and neither are the players. I'd like to think that any parent who's going on Wednesday that may have partook in a bit of shouting on Saturday wouldn't dream of doing it at this event.

Doubtful anyone at boardroom level will be there. There'll be no Cook, the German owners don't bother coming for actual games so they'll not be over for this. The most senior member of the staff that will be there will be McPake.

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

I can't see there being any bother at the open session/third kit launch. Think it'll be pretty tame, however what I will say is the turnout will likely be gash. Not only because of how things are going, but it's at 

If anyone is sad enough to go along to this to be disruptive and abusive then they need to have a serious word with themselves. As I made my way down at FT on Saturday I made my feelings known without a complete heads-gone moment. I continue to believe this is a boardroom level issue but the manager is not blameless and neither are the players. I'd like to think that any parent who's going on Wednesday that may have partook in a bit of shouting on Saturday wouldn't dream of doing it at this event.

Doubtful anyone at boardroom level will be there. There'll be no Cook, the German owners don't bother coming for actual games so they'll not be over for this. The most senior member of the staff that will be there will be McPake.

Angry people can react without thinking. It happened on Saturday and could easily happen again Wednesday. We only have to hope the bawbag element of our supporters stay home. 

1 minute ago, Wacky said:

Angry people can react without thinking. It happened on Saturday and could easily happen again Wednesday. We only have to hope the bawbag element of our supporters stay home. 

Nothing is going to happen on Wednesday to anger fans more than they're angry now. We can't lose a game of football on Wednesday.

Anyone turning up will be going with full expectation that they'll be watching a training session and purchase kit. Anyone that wants to go are fully aware of our position. We have some morons in our support, but I genuinely can't think of any working adult that will think right I'm going to take the morning off work and go and cause bother at an open training session. Can you imagine how mortifying that would be, a one man band shouting obscenities at 11am as their voice echos around an empty football stand in front of 100-200 kids?

The timing off the event shows the demographic it's being aimed at. If the event doesn't run smoothly then I'll eat my hat.

You have some excellent players who are a match for anyone on their day. An astute coach who owned Mcglynn. You just need a result and you will be off and running.  Keep the faith and top 4 finish will be yours.

You are also building an excellent infrastructure that will have future secured

30 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

You have some excellent players who are a match for anyone on their day. An astute coach who owned Mcglynn. You just need a result and you will be off and running.  Keep the faith and top 4 finish will be yours.

You are also building an excellent infrastructure that will have future secured

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, as the saying goes 

I spoke to one guy who gave Cook abuse. I don't think it's the right way to do things.

I do think however that the fans have a right to make their feelings known and there's more constructive ways to do that. The club isn't in a good state and it's up to each individual to accept the present situation or they don't. I personally do not.

I think if there's no significant change in strategy or fortune soon, then the vitriol will get worse. It was actually quite toxic on Saturday during the game and post match. Not something I want to experience, but the Genie is out the bottle now.