Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Josh Cooper set to sign for a year according to Scott Burns.

Aye I'd heard this a bit ago. 

Consider me massively underwhelmed, it's wild that considering how light our squad is that we can make a bad signing, but that's a bad signing imo. 

Hope he comes in and proves me wrong in massive way, but if that's the calibre of player we're bringing in, we're in trouble. 

9 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

9 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I liked the look of this lad when he played for us at East Fife. Good turn of pace, and liked to run with the ball taking guys on. I’d be happy with that signing 

2b98a861-2fca-464d-b9e2-2c16bd708baf.thumb.jpeg.c11b81e444f65b029abd0fba97b9b9f0.jpeg

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Aye I'd heard this a bit ago. 

Consider me massively underwhelmed, it's wild that considering how light our squad is that we can make a bad signing, but that's a bad signing imo. 

Hope he comes in and proves me wrong in massive way, but if that's the calibre of player we're bringing in, we're in trouble. 

Oh! 😬

11 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I liked the look of this lad when he played for us at East Fife. Good turn of pace, and liked to run with the ball taking guys on. I’d be happy with that signing 

2b98a861-2fca-464d-b9e2-2c16bd708baf.thumb.jpeg.c11b81e444f65b029abd0fba97b9b9f0.jpeg

Aye? I thought that in what was a very, very poor first half team performance he was absolutely anonymous. 

1 minute ago, HoBNob said:

Aye? I thought that in what was a very, very poor first half team performance he was absolutely anonymous. 

Jings, I thought every time he got the ball he went forward with it, and that happened more than a few times. 
Will be interesting to see how it turns out though. Hopefully for the better 

"Cooper has been training with the Pars all summer. Manager James McPake had to free up budget before he could get a deal done.

Cooper was outstanding in a recent closed door game with Livingston and now a contract has been finalised.

Cooper is likely to go into the squad for tomorrow’s clash with Hamilton."

Interesting few snippets in there. Shows how tight the Board was holding the purse strings if we couldn't get the money for someone like this who is unlikely to be on the big bucks. 

After having some success under Crawford we haven't been looking to this market enough the last few years. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. 

29 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

he never really got a run of starts with us but was still often a very useful impact substitute. talented, good touch, decent dribbler with a good eye for goal. i generally thought he did his best work off the left hand side and cutting in from there to shoot. 

if you want to see him at his best, here's a 30 minute hat trick after coming on as a sub (he comes on about halfway through the video). the fact he was back on the bench the next week kind of says it all really. many supporters wanted to see him starting more games and getting a shot in the middle ahead of Jack Leitch.

i really liked him and hope he does well. 

FYI

Tbh, they're teed up and if he missed you'd be asking why. Also the fact he's been free and training with us all summer and no one else has taken a punt, doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

We need left sided players too but if can play either side then fair enough. Won't judge until we see him in black and white.

Ps. We need to be playing bits n pieces for goals as well. 

Edited by Heaton

31 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Tbh, they're teed up and if he missed you'd be asking why. Also the fact he's been free and training with us all summer and no one else has taken a punt, doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

We need left sided players too but if can play either side then fair enough. Won't judge until we see him in black and white.

Ps. We need to be playing bits n pieces for goals as well. 

Nope, we need to bin goal music all together. It's absolutely shite and is utterly bandwagon bullshit for deeply unoriginal clubs, ours included.

52 minutes ago, Heaton said:

We need to be playing bits n pieces for goals as well. 

100% no. I'm not a huge fan goal music, but if we must have goal music then keep Glad All Over. I think it's only us and Crystal Palace that use it. Bits n Pieces is shite (unless you mean the other Dave Clarke Five song of the same name in which case fine, fire away). 

1 hour ago, Heaton said:

Also the fact he's been free

I think his contract expired and there was no manager there to keep him on. Obviously he could have gone back, but hope he is determined to take the opportunity at a higher level

1 minute ago, 101 said:

I think his contract expired and there was no manager there to keep him on. Obviously he could have gone back, but hope he is determined to take the opportunity at a higher level

That last part is debatable right now

Couldn’t care less about what gets played/doesn’t get played after we score a goal when we’ve yet to score.

Lets save those debates for once we get that off our back pls.

Good to see the Copper deal go through nice and quick. Don’t know much about him but happy to see a new face.

Reading the announcement about Cooper - why does McPake have to state so many obvious but not necessary to be stated comments:

'We could have easily have gone out and got a goalkeeper, I’m not saying Tobi was the only one we tried for that’s not true.'

'When Max came in he was young in his career and late to coming in to being a goalkeeper. Over the course of the two seasons he improved but in my opinion not to the level of Championship football in Scotland.'

'Tobi comes in after two loan spells that I’m not too bothered about how they have gone'