Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 minutes ago, Wacky said:

image.thumb.png.a9e42b8b71cbaf092db5d0b013305ab1.png

Great, I’m pleased about this. Now can we get someone that can score a goal please 

Need someone to score a goal, also need someone to create chances. 

That or we need someone who can set up and coach the team so they're capable of that. Realistically whoever we bring in as an attacking player will still have to play and be coached by McPake. 

On the signing itself it's fine, our Cbs have regressed hugely under McPake. I wasn't convinced that spending money on Fisher was very smart and he's getting worse as time goes on. 

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Good but not going to make much of a difference whilst McPake remains here.

Correct. 

We need left back cover too.I would say a central midfielder to cover the times that Otoo and Hamilton are in defence. 

As said above though, until we get a manger that knows how to set a team up to score then were goosed anyway.

No way GMBH will sack him unless we go on a Peter Grant type run, which we look like doing to be fair. 

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

No way GMBH will sack him unless we go on a Peter Grant type run, which we look like doing to be fair. 

They were quite happy for that run to go on for far longer than it should.   I've no confidence in them making the decision on when to sack mcpake and less so in what successor they'd choose.   

It's all doom and gloom here, I think the board and Mcpake have done the right thing regarding signings and waited. No point in rushing out and signing anyone. They can now sign the best of the loan players with Mcpakes contacts in the game and for now the German connection. A massive area for potential signings. You will turn the corner and start climbing the table and be in contention. Mcpake is a superb tactician and coach, remember what he did in league 1 and what he could have done last season if not for the injuries. Keep the faith, keep Mcpake 

On 24/08/2024 at 18:07, CallumPar said:

Shocking performance again. Never threatened Hamilton’s goal, other than one mis-hit cross from McCann that hit the bar. We don’t look like a team at all. We also just don’t look as fit as the teams we’re up against.

McPake had 2 weeks to prepare the team for that game and we still looked really unprepared. Nobody seemed to have a clue what they were meant to do when we were in attacking areas.

Cooper looked good, much better than anyone else in a Pars shirt. Also don’t know what Breen’s done to piss him off. Playing Hamilton and Young as a CB pairing in the second half, with Breen on the bench seemed odd. Young looked alright though, I thought.

Would agree with that, CP

On the fitness side, I'm told that we have some plan that means players can only run for a maximum of 20 mins in an hour?

On the subject of Breen, how is that good management, playing midfielders in your position and then a young lad? Be as well telling Breen to get his coat.

BTW, I think Sam Young has a future in the game

3 hours ago, Well over Par said:

On the subject of Breen, how is that good management, playing midfielders in your position and then a young lad? Be as well telling Breen to get his coat.

Breen wasn't fit, he'd only just returned to training on the Friday. I wouldn't have had him on the bench at all but I suspect had the registration come through the loanee from Birmingham would have been on the bench.

27 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

No sign of Clay signing then.  Expect him to sign for another team next week. 

Give it time, you utter ingrate! Such ridiculous expectations!

He'll sign in November.

Hearts play the exact same football as us.

5 at the back,  no width. Floaty shyte balls to nobody in the box. No pace to the build up play.

Guessing Naismith got his coaching badges at the same school as McPake.

8 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Hearts play the exact same football as us.

5 at the back,  no width. Floaty shyte balls to nobody in the box. No pace to the build up play.

Guessing Naismith got his coaching badges at the same school as McPake.

Was thinking exactly the same watching that. Add just hoping something will miraculously happen that leads to a goal.