Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Not long after he’d moved to Hibs they had a free Saturday. Sol was outside East End rattling a bucket collecting money for relief aid for Haiti. Such a beautiful soul, a brilliant accent and a class footballer.

Remember him once clashing with Scott Brown. Brown did his hard man stare and puffed up his chest at Sol. Bamba just giggled and lifted his shirt towards Brown, revealing a torso that looked to have been cast from iron then jogged off. 

I wonder why J Mc is reluctant to play young Sutherland and continues to play McCann? 
To be fair McCann took a really good free kick on Saturday, it gave the keeper a bit of a fright. I think that Sutherland would benefit from a run in the team, and has the potential to become a better prospect than McCann. Lewis has had a good run in the team and IMO has peaked and needs to take a seat on the bench for a while to see if things will improve up front with a different player. 
Regardless of that, it was a much improved performance from the team, and has given me a bit of positivity back about us not going back down. 

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

Regardless of that, it was a much improved performance from the team, and has given me a bit of positivity back about us not going back down. 

Aye? Genuinely don't think it was much of an improvement on the Falkirk game tbh. 

31 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Aye? Genuinely don't think it was much of an improvement on the Falkirk game tbh. 

I thought it was an improvement tbh. I was concerned that once Ayr scored any chance of us winning had gone, and sure enough once Chris Kane went off we lost all presence up front... but we actually created chances. More than one. 

It's a very low bar, but reality is we created absolutely hee haw against Falkirk and never had a hope all game. There was actually a bit of fight and grit in the Ayr game, even if the quality wasn't exactly spectacular.

42 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Strange how folks can see something different in a game or even a players ability. Bottom line for me is that performance is the best we’ve been since pre-season, and I hope that this team will get better enough to get, and keep us out the relegation zone. 

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

I definitely saw an improvement on Saturday, not much but I can definitely support that, I felt the guys gave plenty effort. McPake said after the Falkirk game he couldn't fault their effort but we looked miles off it. However, Saturday definitely warranted that comment from him.

Elsewhere, anyone else just totally bothered that we've only just kicked off the season and already another pause to the league. I appreciate cup games and internationals need to get played but not much gets my juices going for the SPFL Trophy. Appreciate the prize money is better.

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

I wonder why J Mc is reluctant to play young Sutherland and continues to play McCann? 
To be fair McCann took a really good free kick on Saturday, it gave the keeper a bit of a fright. I think that Sutherland would benefit from a run in the team, and has the potential to become a better prospect than McCann. Lewis has had a good run in the team and IMO has peaked and needs to take a seat on the bench for a while to see if things will improve up front with a different player. 

I guess because they are playing different positions? I don’t think we will see much of Sutherland in anything other than the striker position playing through the middle. Would be good to see him play with Wotherspoon in behind rather than Wiggy and Wotherspoon.

3 hours ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

... but we actually created chances. More than one. 

It's a very low bar, but reality is we created absolutely hee haw against Falkirk and never had a hope all game. 

I just can't agree with this matey. What chances did we actually create against Ayr? Our xG would've been tiny. 

Shot from distance from KRH, McCann Free kick, harmless header from Tod and the goal from Otoo, a fantastic shot from range. 

The one that worked the keeper most was McCann, but if it had went in it would've been a fantastic goal and totally unexpected, I'd argue we didn't create any chances that could be argued as "good", let alone clear cut. Against Falkirk we had a header from Kane? Which was a better and clearer chance than any we had against Ayr. 

53 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

All gone very quiet on the signing front. Thought there was talk of a couple more in?

Pretty sure one was supposed to be Fagan-Walcott. That obviously didn’t happen though and he’s now on loan at York City. If our other transfer business is anything to go by, that means we’ll go back to having to identify potential targets, rather than moving to another one who was already identified.

From the outside, it very much seems like we identify one target. Then if that falls through, go right back to square one, rather than creating a shortlist and approaching a few players at the same time. Same can probably be said for Clay not signing. Can only assume he wasn’t what we need, so we have to try and find another midfielder now.

On 03/09/2024 at 12:41, HoBNob said:

I just can't agree with this matey. What chances did we actually create against Ayr? Our xG would've been tiny. 

Shot from distance from KRH, McCann Free kick, harmless header from Tod and the goal from Otoo, a fantastic shot from range. 

The one that worked the keeper most was McCann, but if it had went in it would've been a fantastic goal and totally unexpected, I'd argue we didn't create any chances that could be argued as "good", let alone clear cut. Against Falkirk we had a header from Kane? Which was a better and clearer chance than any we had against Ayr. 

Dunno why you quoted good, I didn’t say the chances were all top tier.

Can’t remember the header against Falkirk admittedly but never being in the game, 1 shot I don’t I don’t remember and hee haw grit or fight is still significantly worse that the Ayr game. Like I said, it’s a low bar, but actually competing in a game (and scoring.) and having outside chances is better than 100% losing it and having 1 header.

49 minutes ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

Can’t remember the header against Falkirk 

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Chris Kane tipped around the post by the keeper not long before the 2nd goal

Here's the highlights just to jog your memory.

Happy to help.

5 hours ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

Dunno why you quoted good, I didn’t say the chances were all top tier.

Can’t remember the header against Falkirk admittedly but never being in the game, 1 shot I don’t I don’t remember and hee haw grit or fight is still significantly worse that the Ayr game. Like I said, it’s a low bar, but actually competing in a game (and scoring.) and having outside chances is better than 100% losing it and having 1 header.

Because for a chance to mean a damn I'd actually want to consider it to be a good one, we created 0 of those against Ayr. 

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you can't remember the header maybe your judgement of the game is pretty clouded by it being a defeat against Falkirk? You can't remember the best chance we created but you remember no fight or grit? We had plenty effort against Falkirk, and were in the game up until the penalty, however with how poor we looked going forward it never felt likely we'd equalise. Whereas against Ayr we scored an early screamer, before not threatening the goal for the rest of the game. 

I've no qualms with being happy with the result, but the performances were one and the same, pish. 

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Because for a chance to mean a damn I'd actually want to consider it to be a good one, we created 0 of those against Ayr. 

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you can't remember the header maybe your judgement of the game is pretty clouded by it being a defeat against Falkirk? You can't remember the best chance we created but you remember no fight or grit? We had plenty effort against Falkirk, and were in the game up until the penalty, however with how poor we looked going forward it never felt likely we'd equalise. Whereas against Ayr we scored an early screamer, before not threatening the goal for the rest of the game. 

I've no qualms with being happy with the result, but the performances were one and the same, pish. 

If you think we were in the game against Falkirk at any point then I don’t think it’s worth discussing further.

Just now, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

If you think we were in the game against Falkirk at any point then I don’t think it’s worth discussing further.

You can't remember the game, of course it's not worth discussing. Just take my word on it, there's a good lad.