Walking Down The Halbeath Road

And that reason is quite simply because they can afford to. Footballers would rather not have a proper job, they'd rather be full-time footballers.

It's a false-economy that sooner or later teams (and players) in the likes of the Scottsh Championship will come round to accepting. With the money they could afford to be paying part-time players Dunfermline would still be far too strong for the rest of the league. What you are doing is being forced to pay quite a bit more money, for the same players, to compensate for them not having a 9-5 job. Forget the idea that you get any more out of them at this level.

Clubs aren't going to spend any less money if everyone went pt tho, there just going to end up paying ft wages to have the players training pt.

I refuse to believe having players ft isn't beneficial tho , isn't isn't going to suddenly make a player a superstar but it is going to help make them better than pt does.

Morton are already offering part-time wages for full-time football, and barring silly talk about £700 per week for a chancer like Michael 'the Moff' Moffat, I suspect Dunfermline will be in the same boat.

It limits your targets, as older players with mortgages and families to look after are almost certainly better off getting a real day job - this is probably where coaching opportunities are useful - but for younger players I doubt it's a major concern, at least compared to the supposed benefits of full-time training and the expectation that with full-time status they'll be rising up the leagues again.

I suppose it depends on the training too. Two or three very intensive sessions a week with a good coach could be more beneficial than four or five half-arsed ones (not that I'm saying our training is half-arsed).

There must be an issue with the training or is it that our players are simply not good enough or unable to follow instructions?

I often see Jefferies shouting or going mental at players then within a few minutes they make the same mistake again.

I don't understand how any Dunfermline fans can seriously think they aren't going to win the league next season. 63 points was a pretty impressive haul considering the first six months was youngsters and they had a transfer embargo. The last time there wasn't a runaway winner in the division (2009-10) 65 points was enough to win the league. With no Rangers, a full pre-season of being able to sign players and being full-time you'd expect Dunfermline to easily get another 10-15 points on top of that this season and run away with it. The only possible obstacle would be Morton or Peterhead turning into world-beaters but I really can't see it.

I don't understand how any Dunfermline fans can seriously think they aren't going to win the league next season. 63 points was a pretty impressive haul considering the first six months was youngsters and they had a transfer embargo. The last time there wasn't a runaway winner in the division (2009-10) 65 points was enough to win the league. With no Rangers, a full pre-season of being able to sign players and being full-time you'd expect Dunfermline to easily get another 10-15 points on top of that this season and run away with it. The only possible obstacle would be Morton or Peterhead turning into world-beaters but I really can't see it.

I agree with this. We have to be huge favourites for the title. As for teams going part-time? Not for me. There is a lot of money in football that should be more evenly distributed between all clubs. In an ideal world there would be no part-time clubs. That's what id like to see anyway. It will never happen though.

I agree with this. We have to be huge favourites for the title. As for teams going part-time? Not for me. There is a lot of money in football that should be more evenly distributed between all clubs. In an ideal world there would be no part-time clubs. That's what id like to see anyway. It will never happen though.

Huge favourites for the title.????? Only if the Bookies didn't see your performance against Cowdenbeath. Get in the real world.

Huge favourites for the title.????? Only if the Bookies didn't see your performance against Cowdenbeath. Get in the real world.

I'm not sure huge favourites is right, but I'd imagine we would be favourties given where we finished in the table last season and given that we don't actually have to play Cowdenbeath as they aren't in this league. Also I'm pretty sure bookies wouldn't use one or two performances to guage their odds.

Why would it be 'ideal' to have no part time clubs? There is nothing with wrong with part time clubs.

If we are continuing full time then how about beefing the players up with full time training and cutting out the mistakes?

If part time teams are able to match us fitness wise and if we can't mark them at set pieces then we are doing something badly wrong.

I don't buy the need for full time training at this level when you can't see the results on the pitch.

Stranraer were arguably as good as us on probably a quarter of the resources.

There must be an issue with the training or is it that our players are simply not good enough or unable to follow instructions?

I often see Jefferies shouting or going mental at players then within a few minutes they make the same mistake again.

Look at me. Look at me. Everyone, LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have thought full time training meant you had more time to work on the footballing side, not the fitness side. I don't think full time means you can go running or cycling all day. There's no real reason why part time players can't be as fit, in terms of what's needed for playing 90 minutes every week, as full time players at this level if they are prepared to put the hours in before/after work.

Edited by DA Baracus

Why would it be 'ideal' to have no part time clubs? There is nothing with wrong with part time clubs.

You're right, there is nothing wrong with part time clubs. It would be good though if every senior team could afford to be fulltime. Just an opinion.

Well we'll just have to wait on what the odds are. Morton will be 2nd favourites. That is the real world I'm afraid.

Look at me. Look at me. Everyone, LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Failing to provide an alternative, check.

Cheap attack, check.

Trying to turn fellow fans against each other, check.

Must try harder.

All of a sudden this weirdo comes out of nowhere and starts trolling my every post on dafc.net and on here.

There is something very creepy and weird about that if you ask me.

Dot net is not moderated properly at all and it encourages people to attack anyone who doesn't tow the party line all the time.

There is one or two ex semi pro footballers who are the go two guys for footballing as kissing matters and if you don't agree with them you are ostracised and harassed constantly and sometimes sworn at etc. All this is encouraged and backed up by moderators who seem to hold grudges from the Masterton era.

Classic examples of this include one of them making a complete fool out of themselves regarding Sol Bamba and Leigh Griffiths.

When people pointed this out we were accused of being know it alls or liars or soothsayers or not genuine pars fans.

It really is the strangest forum I've ever been on and I've been on dozens covering all sorts of interests but never experienced anything like it.

I will now be called a cry baby or crazy or accused of throwing a hissy fit.

With all the other shit going on on my life I really can't be arsed having to constantly defend and provide evidence to back up any opinion that isn't 100% pro the club. I post just as much positive stuff about the pars as negative and have got a good reputation on here and have never been trolled by any other fan of another club so make of that what you will.

It's the fucking internet anyway, one big moron fest.