Breaking Bad

Kejan

I didn't spot the wire either. It was blown up in numerous images on another site I was reading the other week. It was initially dismissed as a mistake but as some people pointed out it would be very uncharacteristic for Gilligan to make such an obvious mistake especially since it apparently crops up in a couple of scenes.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/08/insane-breaking-bad-theory-backed-by-questionable-evidence-so-good-it-might-be-true/

That's the link there. Not conclusive I know but something to consider!

Edited by NotThePars

So you'd rather wait 2 months to watch them all than watch them week by week?

I have enough other stuff im watching just now to keep me busy in between so not much hassle

Interesting to see Walt fold a towel as he was being sick, a trait he's picked up from Gus (along with the fact he's now driving a Volvo). If you're familiar with the theory that he picks up traits from those he's killed, it's interesting to relate it to the diner scene flashforward where he arranges bacon into a 52...

Cracking return overall. Very powerful opening scene, and no fannying about with Hank's discovery. Straight in there, rounded off with a brilliant bit between Walt and Hank. You could have speculated that it would take 8 episodes for that sort of faceoff and its done by the end of the first episode back.

Fucking roll on Monday.

Interesting to see Walt fold a towel as he was being sick, a trait he's picked up from Gus (along with the fact he's now driving a Volvo). If you're familiar with the theory that he picks up traits from those he's killed, it's interesting to relate it to the diner scene flashforward where he arranges bacon into a 52...

Cracking return overall. Very powerful opening scene, and no fannying about with Hank's discovery. Straight in there, rounded off with a brilliant bit between Walt and Hank. You could have speculated that it would take 8 episodes for that sort of faceoff and its done by the end of the first episode back.

Fucking roll on Monday.

Spoilers....

some folks are still working their way up to that episode

Fucking roll on Monday.

Walt drives a Chrysler

I've been reading up on the theories, some of which are wilder than others. The wire theory is unconvincing - it appears to me to just be the outline of a shirt or a crease plus it doesn't really make much plot sense. The best theory I've read is The Real Saints' one on Hank which I'm willing to bet is accurate; torn between destroying his family or living with the knowledge that Heisenberg has been under his nose the whole time.

I've got my own theory on how it could end for Walt. The first episode had him making a video recording for his family before bracing himself for a shoot-out with the police; I've got a feeling that's how it'll end apart from that he'll hopefully be wearing trousers this time - preparing himself for one final showdown.

I don't think there's any possible redemption for him; even though I don't give a toss about it, it could be argued that it would be socially irresponsible to portray the heinous acts of a drug lord and then have him living happily ever after. One way I have imagined though is that in the showdown, he'll be addressed as Heisenberg before requesting they say his real name, harking back to the famous "say my name" scene. I suppose that would represent his transformation from Walter White to Heisenberg and back again, and act as some sort of admission of remorse.

This should go down as the best show ever made, without a doubt.

I think the fact that in the flashforward in ep 9 you can see the house hasn't been lived in for a while and is sectioned off. I wonder if Walt ends up having a showdown with Hank in his house where everything comes out and he ends up killing him

Waiting for Jessie to fully snap and try and kill Walt as well, maybe he turns himself into the FBI with the guilt over all the deaths being too much for him