Last Book You Read....

H_B

They were all very interesting reads, and I still have a few books of his still to read. I would reccommend them definitely. He makea alot of good points and I quite enjoy his sense of humour and his tendency to poke fun at other philosophers.
 Twilight Of The Idols was probably my favourite of the three.

I like some of his quotes so quite interested to read one of his books, thanks forthe info

Just got round to reading the last Terry Pratchett novel, don't know why it took me so long. Quite sad realising there won't be any more discworld novels. 

Have just moved on to a book on the partition of India, "midnight furies" can't remember the author's name. Is frightening how easily sectarian bigotry can be stoked up, fears of others played on leading to neighbour killing neighbour.

Boredom is an instrument of social control. Power is the power to impose boredom, to command stasis, to combine this stasis with anguish. The real tedium deep tedium, is seasoned with terror and with death.

Just finished Humboldt's Gift by Bellow. Wordy, contrived, plotless, meandering and over-long.....possibly one of the best books I've read. 

21 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Just got round to reading the last Terry Pratchett novel, don't know why it took me so long. Quite sad realising there won't be any more discworld novels. 

Have just moved on to a book on the partition of India, "midnight furies" can't remember the author's name. Is frightening how easily sectarian bigotry can be stoked up, fears of others played on leading to neighbour killing neighbour.

There was a bit in the last Pratchett book where he was talking about death that left me an absolute mess.

Just went and found it: “FOR I CAN SEE THE BALANCE AND YOU HAVE LEFT THE WORLD MUCH BETTER THAN YOU FOUND IT, AND IF YOU ASK ME, said Death, NOBODY COULD DO ANY BETTER THAN THAT. . . .” 

7 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I like parts of it but it definitely reads like it was written by an lovelorn, opium addicted madman heading towards a mental breakdown.

Funny you should say that, because he was using opium and painkillers around the time he wrote that.

I understand its a novel of sorts? Is that correct?

Got a pre-release copy of  Ethersay by Sarah L King which is a new Indie Book set during the Referendum.

In all honesty, the elements around the Independence Referendum were enjoyable to follow, but I actually enjoyed the mystery elements which were set on a fictional Scottish Island more.

It wasl nice to see a novel actually written during the Referendum with people actually showing an interest in the process and having a view point.  A few other books i have read which are set in the same period tend to have characters who amazingly aren't interested in the Referendum at all. I suspect people are too scared of putting off one side or the other I suppose.