Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

43 minutes ago, RiG said:

Playing two massive gigs during the festival? Oooft. Edinburgh will be chaos!

It'll be like Christmas for some.

scarface-phone-laughing.gif.c88f100c383162b732af3f76b65dba37.gif

If Oasis only had two decent albums and everything that followed was pish, I’ll take these from their extended ‘pish period’ and be happy blasting them out in the pozmobile…

The Shock of the Lightning

The Hindu Times

Little By Little

Lyla

Go Let It Out

Stop Crying Your Heart Out

Sunday Morning Call

All Around The World

Stand By Me

The Importance Of Being Idle

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If Oasis only had two decent albums and everything that followed was pish, I’ll take these from their extended ‘pish period’ and be happy blasting them out in the pozmobile…

The Shock of the Lightning

The Hindu Times

Little By Little

Lyla

Go Let It Out

Stop Crying Your Heart Out

Sunday Morning Call

All Around The World

Stand By Me

The Importance Of Being Idle

No (Get Off Your) High Horse Lady?

39 minutes ago, throbber said:

Do you think they actually have massive issues between one another? They are both pivotal in each others success and vast wealth they were always going to do a reunion tour. They’ll probably come back one more time in their mid 60’s like Rolling Stones did.

Noel has been interviewed fairly recently saying he was speaking to Liam and was getting on with him. He also said that he didn't see the point in a reunion because he couldn't really see the point of it as they had done everything they wanted to (which I agree with). Looks like financial incentives have won out but I don't see anything to suggest they havent been in contact/have been arguing with each other. 

29 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

If you see their interviews, they clearly miss each other. I reckon if this tour finishes and it's not working out they go back to their solo stuff but remain friendly. 

Yeah exactly. I just don’t believe they would genuinely hate each other, sure they have their fallouts and annoy each other but I don’t think either of them have particularly strong feelings of hate in them. It’s not like Roy Keane v SAF. 

Liam also has been dedicating Half the world away to “My brother, the greatest songwriter ever” and also covering a NGHFB song all year. There have been signs of a thawing for a very long time.

2 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

Would love to see them live.

Saw them twice. The Barrowlands on their ‘Green’ tour was like being in a sauna. Unbelieveably hot. The other time I saw them was in the Air Canada Centre in Toronto later on in their career. Brilliant live. R.E.M are a band who also attract comments like Oasis - ‘they were shite after they released…’ Same as Oasis, cherry pick the great stuff from their ‘shite period’ and it stands up.

Edited by pozbaird

Oasis aren't my cup of tea.  They've a handful of songs I enjoyed as a teenager, but I've never felt the urge to buy any of their stuff.  I'd put them in the "guess you had to be there" category, personally.

I hope everyone going has a nice time  - and what a marvellous boost for the hard-working folk of the cocaine industry in this difficult financial climate.

6 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

Oasis aren't my cup of tea.  They've a handful of songs I enjoyed as a teenager, but I've never felt the urge to buy any of their stuff.  I'd put them in the "guess you had to be there" category, personally.

I hope everyone going has a nice time  - and what a marvellous boost for the hard-working folk of the cocaine industry in this difficult financial climate.

I'd imagine the monks at Buckfast Abbey will be on compulsory overtime through to next summer.

The hype surrounding this is off the scale today, but in amongst the front page news stories and in-depth BBC website articles, has it been mentioned anywhere who Liam and Noel’s backing band will be?

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The hype surrounding this is off the scale today, but in amongst the front page news stories and in-depth BBC website articles, has it been mentioned anywhere who Liam and Noel’s backing band will be?

Nothing confirmed but the talk was that it would pretty much be Liam fronting Noel’s current band.

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Saw them twice. The Barrowlands on their ‘Green’ tour was like being in a sauna. Unbelieveably hot. The other time I saw them was in the Air Canada Centre in Toronto later on in their career. Brilliant live. R.E.M are a band who also attract comments like Oasis - ‘they were shite after they released…’ Same as Oasis, cherry pick the great stuff from their ‘shite period’ and it stands up.

My favourite R.E.M. song comes from Around the Sun, which is commonly considered their worst album.

And seeing as this is the Oasis thread this is probably my favourite Oasis song, also released during what is considered their "shite" period.

Also literally just realised as I watched it just now who the actor is.

1 minute ago, ArabGaz said:

Nothing confirmed but the talk was that it would pretty much be Liam fronting Noel’s current band.

Chris Sharrock and Gem Archer are or were in NGHFB so there's history there.

10 hours ago, Lurkst said:

As for Oasis, the only time I ever saw them was in the big top on Irvine beach in 1995 with The Verve in support. Some Might Say had just gone to number one and they were mid transition from the indie charts to being a mainstream phenomena. Absolutely insane atmosphere and impossible to recreate or better.

Irvine Beach is a wish I was there for me. 

Reflecting today I saw them in Aberdeen, Finsbury Park, Murrayfield, SECC, and Balloch. Most memorably though was the first time, which was Ingliston in Jan 1996. An incredible experience. None of their other gigs were as magical for me.