Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

Right lads,

I am on a placement but currently have 0 to do so I am starting this topic for some listening over the weekend.

I am a keen Oasis/Gallagher fan and I am wanting suggestions for similar artists or unknown but good songs by the Gallaghers.

My recommendations outside of their top 10 like Wonderwall, Don't Look back in anger etc etc are:

Oasis:

D'yer Wanna be a spaceman

It's Gettin' Better (Man!!)

Listen Up

Bring it on Down

Go Let it Out

Aquiesce

BeadyEye:

For Anyone

Cheers, and Gallagher haters...in the words of Liam..."now f*** off you bunch of twats".

Liam Gallagher is an utter c**t and Beady Eye are worse than shite.

Edited by Hearts Daft

Even as a huge Oasis fan I have to admit that HD is right, Liam is a bit of a knob.

It's not true to say that he's completely talentless, in his day he had a cracking voice and he was suprisingly good with acoustic songs (ie Married With Children). He was also a huge contributor to their success, the whole thing about them injecting a bit of swagger into the ailing 90's music scene couldn't have been pulled off by Noel.

The difference now is that he's a 40 year old man. The fact that he hasn't changed his persona one bit is more than a bit cringey.

If by great c**t you mean "lived off of his brothers talent for years and is an arrogant, violent fuckwit" then indeed, he's a great c**t.

No I did not mean that.

• 3 weeks later...

Oasis splitting is just about the best thing that's ever happened. I loved them but they were long past their best and Liam was becoming embarrassing.

I'm currently listening to Noel's TCT gig and he's playing songs like Lord Don't Slow Me Down, Fade Away and one of my personal favourite Oasis songs Shout It Out Loud live. This is in addition to the likes of Angel Child, It's Good To Be Free, Mucky Fingers, Little by Little etc being on his previous setlists.

That in addition to his terrific album and accompanying b-sides like A Simple Game of Genius (which he also now plays live). The man is too good.

Edit: And just watched him play Idler's Dream live too. Terrific. :)

Edited by Paco

I think you might have been the only one who did buy it.

For Anyone, Sons of the Stage, Four Letter Word and The Roller are all good tunes to be fair!!

I think Noels album was world class. Liams was more a nice one to have but lacking in depth? Much like a feeder album: one anthem in there....3 good songs and the rest being 'meh'.