Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

My theory is that the touts put a few tickets up at ridiculous prices to make £800 look like a bargain.

That ticket that was going for 6 grand on Friday night after the pre sale was very suspicious. Wouldn’t be surprised if a journalist did that in order to create a story. 

I’ve seen a few come up on twickets for a variation of prices but they all seem to be snapped up by time I click buy on them. I think around December January a few folk who didn’t really want them anyway will offload them for a bit of extra cash and that will be a peak time to be looking for them. 

f**k knows what it will be like in the weeks and days building up to the event and whether the tickets will be total gold dust or changing hands Willy nilly. I still think if you really want to go you’ll find one without getting too badly fleeced.

11 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Wait a minute, you're not seriously trying to compare the Oasis back catalogue with The Rolling Stones or The Beatles? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Christ alive. Have some shame.

I've been perturbed by this thread to the point of, on my quite lengthy commute, I put on The Beatles 'classics' Sgt. Pepper and Revolver, and both have plenty of filler. I challenge you to do the same and tell me I'm wrong. I'll admit I've never been a Beatles fan to begin with.

I get that it was probably quite original at the time and innovative (and I won't deny that Oasis sound derivative), but most of these Beatles albums sound like whimsical, sing-song, la-la children's TV theme tunes with drugged-up nonsense lyrics.

Then I put on Aenima by Tool and actually started enjoying myself.

Edited by milhouse

8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

A few pages ago I saw a couple of folk excusing the Hotel and Airline industry for their dynamic pricing. Cos they are used to it.

Go to a hotel booking site that gives you up to 24 hours to cancel for free. Get you and your mates to book as many rooms as possible and then 24 hours before the date cancel. Perhaps would stop their stupid inflated prices.

I've been listening to Oasis quite a bit the last week or so, having not really listened to any of their stuff for about 20 years.  Forget how good they were, although maybe I'm just fondly remembering being young.  

I went to see them at the Etihad (City of Manchester stadium at the time) in 2005, this is the opening number. 

They need to open with Rock and roll star then straight into acquiesce/supersonic before even saying hello to the crowd. Live forever and slide away in the middle somewhere and wonderwall don’t look back in anger and champagne supernova towards the end.

14 hours ago, milhouse said:

I've been perturbed by this thread to the point of, on my quite lengthy commute, I put on The Beatles 'classics' Sgt. Pepper and Revolver, and both have plenty of filler. I challenge you to do the same and tell me I'm wrong. I'll admit I've never been a Beatles fan to begin with.

I get that it was probably quite original at the time and innovative (and I won't deny that Oasis sound derivative), but most of these Beatles albums sound like whimsical, sing-song, la-la children's TV theme tunes with drugged-up nonsense lyrics.

Then I put on Aenima by Tool and actually started enjoying myself.

Thinking that Revolver contains 'plenty of filler' is probably a prerequisite for getting excited about Oasis TBF. It's all about taste. 

2 hours ago, throbber said:

They need to open with Rock and roll star then straight into acquiesce/supersonic before even saying hello to the crowd. Live forever and slide away in the middle somewhere and wonderwall don’t look back in anger and champagne supernova towards the end.

I think they might start with Hello

54 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

I think they might start with Hello

That’s not too bad but should be followed by rock and roll star. They used to play that one at end for a few gigs and it didn’t work. Cigarettes and alcohol and some might say are good early ones to get the crowd going as well.

31 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Start the gig with Little James.

Follow up with Bonehead's Bank Holiday.

Leave.

That would be another good way for them to troll the general public some more.

18 hours ago, throbber said:

I’ve seen a few come up on twickets for a variation of prices but they all seem to be snapped up by time I click buy on them. I think around December January a few folk who didn’t really want them anyway will offload them for a bit of extra cash and that will be a peak time to be looking for them. 

f**k knows what it will be like in the weeks and days building up to the event and whether the tickets will be total gold dust or changing hands Willy nilly. I still think if you really want to go you’ll find one without getting too badly fleeced.

My mate was trying to get tickets for his daughter for Taylor Swift in Edinburgh . His thought process was that if he left it to the very very last minute the price would drop a bit as the touts  tried to offload rather than holding onto soon to be worthless tickets. He lives 30 mins drive from the venue so could afford to take it to the wire.

interestingly what happened was the opposite, demand increased and the prices climbed in the hour prior to opening to well over a grand a ticket. Needless to say he didn’t bother. 

Yeah i can imagine resorting to something like that worst case scenario. Even on the day of the event the number of clowns who won’t be able to go because they’ve got too pished will be high but because of all the hype and the fringe also being on demand will also be high. 

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

Yeah i can imagine resorting to something like that worst case scenario. Even on the day of the event the number of clowns who won’t be able to go because they’ve got too pished will be high but because of all the hype and the fringe also being on demand will also be high. 

The tout prices for some of the Euro matches came down to close to face value in the days before.