Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

I live in hope, that I'll see Oasis again some day.

Far too massive for them not to tour again.

I have my doubts about them writing new material and a full on back together.

Seems Noel has got too good at writing songs for him to sing. Not convinced he would want to write for his Bro to sing. Not sure of his voice nowadays.

I reckon we'll see it in a few years, but Noel seems to be loving what he's doing these days and totally content with never being in Oasis again,  i can't help but think if he ever did give in and play a few gigs with Liam it'd be obvious he wasn't that into it. Obviously i'd still absolutely love it though, they'd sell out every major stadium in the UK in seconds.

As for new material i'd agree that it'd be a bit odd for Noel to write songs for Liam to sing again, and maybe even a backwards step. His solo albums are far far better than the last Oasis album imo

Edited by Fratelli

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw it last night, very very good. Absolutely hilarious at points and a bit moving at others actually. Loads of amazing unseen footage too like Liam doing the vocal take for Champagne Supernova in the studio, which wee fanboys like myself will love.

Never rated Oasis, think they are massively massively overrated. 

I always considered myself a music "snob".

From early teens was into music that my mates older brothers were into (The Smiths, JAMC, Bunneymen, New Order, Depeche Mode, Spacemen 3 etc)

Then Madchester, Screamadelica, Spritualized, Shoegazing happened all great but we needed something more.

Went to see Verve just as A Storm in Heaven came out at a venue down at the Clyde (think it was the Barfly) Oasis were 3rd on the bill below a band called Acetone (RIP).

Every single person that night were stunned. They were exactly what we needed at that time. The first support band I ever saw that blew me away and left me wanting more. They were unbelievable. The singles just kept coming, 4 songs on each that were top quality and better than anything else at the time.

I can remember being extremely p'd off when Whatever never made Xmas Number 1.

Although there were many highlights (Shock of the Lightning, Hindu Times, to name a couple) it was never going to be the same as it was in the beginning.

There must be more than me that fucking hates Wonderwall. This was never how it was meant to be.

Hadnt listened to them in ages until the other night. Columbia, Listen Up, Sad Song, Fade Away still bring back great memories.....