Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

Oasis were brilliant at the time, it's hard to describe to people who didn't really experience it just how important they were at the time. I still love their stuff now, although I'm not sure whether that's partly nostalgia or whether I actually think it's great. At the risk of trying to sound 'alternative', the songs I love are the less populist ones like Slide Away, Listen Up, Fade Away and loads of other B sides. The likes of Wonderwall and Don't Look Back in Anger I'm almost immune to now that I've heard them so often, although they are still undeniably great songs.

Seen a few clips of Liam recently and he just comes across as tragic, trying to make out he isn't bothered but clearly desperately wants a reunion because he realises how crap he is on his own. His comments about Noel completely selling out are absolutely fair enough though, although ever since he visited Tony Blair at Downing Street his credibility as a 'man of the people' was finished.

Oasis were brilliant at the time, it's hard to describe to people who didn't really experience it just how important they were at the time. I still love their stuff now, although I'm not sure whether that's partly nostalgia or whether I actually think it's great. At the risk of trying to sound 'alternative', the songs I love are the less populist ones like Slide Away, Listen Up, Fade Away and loads of other B sides. The likes of Wonderwall and Don't Look Back in Anger I'm almost immune to now that I've heard them so often, although they are still undeniably great songs.

Seen a few clips of Liam recently and he just comes across as tragic, trying to make out he isn't bothered but clearly desperately wants a reunion because he realises how crap he is on his own. His comments about Noel completely selling out are absolutely fair enough though, although ever since he visited Tony Blair at Downing Street his credibility as a 'man of the people' was finished.

I don't quite get all that selling out stuff, he's a 49 year old, married father of 3 who's been a millionaire for over 20 years, it's like Liam's expecting him to still cut about in an adidas tracksuit and pretend he's a working class lad in his 20s. Still think he's somewhat relatable mind

What the f**k is Liam talking about? Oasis were "sold out" as a band when they released the second album. I think Knebworth finished it all for me. End of an era that was.

Still some cracking tunes up until then though Bring it on down, Rock and Roll star, Some might say and Aquiesce  all good tracks for me.

Edited by tree house tam
Mobile correcting things it shouldn't

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

You high Gaz? Magic Pie is your favourite track by Oasis!?

No.

It's my top track for realising years later how good it was. (If that makes sense???)

Think all my top track stuff was posted a few pages back

25 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I don't know if this has been posted but I bought the latest Monkees album and there is a song written by Noel Gallagher and Paul Weller on it.  It's rather good.

yes just yes