Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

One thing that thankfully didn’t happen after they imploded in 2009 is that there were two versions of ‘Oasis’ treading the boards. Unlike Slade for example, or The Sweet. At one point there were about three different Slades on the go. 🙃

As long as Liam and Noel are there, I admit it’ll be Oasis… even though my opinion is there should be some sort of representation on the stage from a previous Oasis line up. The hype surrounding this is something else. They could probably sell out Wembley fifteen times.

It's Noel, Liam, Bonehead, Gem, Chris Sharrock and Mike Rowe. Unless someone's a massive Guigsy or Alan White fan, I reckon that's about as Oasis as it gets.

Edited by Al B

19 minutes ago, Al B said:

It's Noel, Liam, Bonehead, Gem, Chris Sharrock and Mike Rowe. Unless someone's a massive Guigsy or Alan White fan, I reckon that's about as Oasis as it gets.

I’d have preferred Alan White but no issues with Sharrock. 

Only questionnow  is if Andy Bell gets brought back, or they stick Gem on bass?

9 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I’d have preferred Alan White but no issues with Sharrock. 

Only questionnow  is if Andy Bell gets brought back, or they stick Gem on bass?

From what I gather (obviously not 100% confirmed), it will be Russell Pritchard from HFB on bass. Noel, Gem and Bonehead all on guitar. Andy Bell not involved.

Noel's also got a current booking at a London studio right now, so.....who knows.

Edited by Al B

13 hours ago, ICTChris said:

SImon Price wrote a great book about the Manics and he was an entertaining writer for Melody Maker back in the day but that article is silly.  It does the same thing that loads of people seem to be doing now - making up other people to be angry about.  The idea that Oasis fans are all "flag shaggers" and Reform voters is very silly. 

Colour me shocked to see a bit of casual classism dragged into a Guardian hit piece. That publication is Spiked for wet blankets.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I wonder how many dates they would need to do until they struggled to sell tickets. 

Fifteen nights at Wembley no problem, if they chose to I reckon. Suppose it depends on them announcing European dates too. 

Edited by pozbaird

16 hours ago, ICTChris said:

SImon Price wrote a great book about the Manics and he was an entertaining writer for Melody Maker back in the day but that article is silly.  It does the same thing that loads of people seem to be doing now - making up other people to be angry about.  The idea that Oasis fans are all "flag shaggers" and Reform voters is very silly. 

IMG_0088.gif.ebf3b796323f17d2d52c9f87551f01aa.gif

2 hours ago, TheGoon said:

£75 for seated, £150 standing. Anyone else outside of msybe the Stones or Metallica I’d have told them to shove it up their arse.

A few people aren't happy at those prices. 

2 hours ago, TheGoon said:

£75 for seated, £150 standing. Anyone else outside of msybe the Stones or Metallica I’d have told them to shove it up their arse.

top tip - just buy a 75 quid ticket and when the stewards aren't looking stand up. 

5 minutes ago, ArabGaz said:

Not been to a stadium gig for years but are those prices not par for the course these days?

I'd say that £75 is certainly about the usual now, £150 for standing is a bit more I would say.

2 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'd say that £75 is certainly about the usual now, £150 for standing is a bit more I would say.

The Heaton Park one is £148.50 flat rate because there isn’t any seating there, which seems a bit rum. 

Edited by carpetmonster