Ched Evans

philpy

Him being found guilty of rape

You're bordering on rapist apolgists with that comment

Theres always still the element of doubt as there would be had the conviction gone the other way and he is still fighting to clear his name. Its always a hard one to comment on for obvious reasons, my post was based at the argument of Ched v Watkins but not even sure why i bothered even responding

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every point you have made has already been addressed, in depth, why don't you read the thread before diving in two footed?

Participating in the Entertainment industry is absolutely different. And the "baying mob with pitchforks" that have been referenced by other posters are the ones advocating he live a normal life away from public shame and abuse - whilst those who are desperate for him to return (after all, football is nothing without Ched Evans) are the exact same ones who will be shouting vile personal abuse at him from the stands.

What a bizarre world we live in. Just what goes on in peoples heads?

Tried that argument before then ran away.

Please explain the part of the law that states that people in the entertainment industry are different.

Don't give us your Daily Mail morality, the law sir, no more, no less.

Yeah, and a bar hosting an Ian Watkins gig isn't doing anything illegal. And attending said gig isn't illegal.

It doesn't mean any pub would host it, or anyone would attend it. Why is football different?

Who said football is different? People will be free to make up their own minds. That's what should happen in a society with laws and freedom.

Well Ian Watkins raped babies on camera and Evens had sex with a woman of consensual age in a hotel room and all we have is her word against his so its a very different situation

Oh so Evans rape wasn't as bad as Watkins therefore it's fine?

Would you want your team to sign Watkins or not?

Tried that argument before then ran away.

Please explain the part of the law that states that people in the entertainment industry are different.

Don't give us your Daily Mail morality, the law sir, no more, no less.

I never ran away, you said you agreed with me so long as I said that it wasn't illegal - I said this three pages before you even posted!!

There is no law that says the entertainment industry is different. This is the third time I've had to post it. Just because you're losing doesn't mean you can get away with such blatant lying.

So not paying to see a convicted rapist perform in the entertainment industry is "Daily Mail morality" - FFS. You can't even be a liberal you utter buffon.

Who said football is different? People will be free to make up their own minds. That's what should happen in a society with laws and freedom.

Well, fucking obviously they can. You've made a choice to pay money to see a rapist perform, maybe you want him at your club. I think such a choice is disgusting, a failure of humanity even, but I'm not saying you can't do it.

Would you shout abuse at Evans if he was playing?

What, Portillo says he'd gladly pay money to go to an Ian Watkins concert? That rapists should be welcomed back open arms onto television programmes? That Saville could make a return if he was alive?

What did he say?

You should have a wee look at This Week. Portillo wipes the floor with Charlie Webster over this.

You cannot just make up this shit up on the hoof.

So you disagree with her that as a woman and a Sheffield United fan, it wouldn't be right for the club to sign a rapist and what sort of signal that would send to female fans and employees of Sheffield United?

Ok.

So you disagree with her that as a woman and a Sheffield United fan, it wouldn't be right for the club to sign a rapist and what sort of signal that would send to female fans and employees of Sheffield United?

Ok.

Rape should not be presented as a sexist/gender specific crime.

What, Portillo says he'd gladly pay money to go to an Ian Watkins concert? That rapists should be welcomed back open arms onto television programmes? That Saville could make a return if he was alive?

What did he say?

Watch it. You referred me and other posters to previous points that had been 'addressed' by you earlier in this thread. Imagine my disgruntlement when i go back to find nothing addressed but the same basic lack of comprehension and more misplaced, ill considered hyperbole.

And then you have the cheek to ask me to transcribe a clip from i-player for you. f**k you sir, and the horse you rode in on. Pipe down, watch it, then and only then, pipe back up if you must.

Watch it. You referred me and other posters to previous points that had been 'addressed' by you earlier in this thread. Imagine my disgruntlement when i go back to find nothing addressed but the same basic lack of comprehension and more misplaced, ill considered hyperbole.

And then you have the cheek to ask me to transcribe a clip from i-player for you. f**k you sir, and the horse you rode in on. Pipe down, watch it, then and only then, pipe back up if you must.

So, what, because you've already bottled and lost this debate you're asking me to watch a clip?

Er, no dice, this is your argument, present it or pipe down. I'd suggest you'll go for the latter, you are clearly lacking in conviction.

Don't worry all of Williemillersmoustahces rank failures throughout this thread are fine because he watched a Michael Portillo piece on This Week.

It's probably the funniest P&B tail between legs exit of a debate ever.

Wow, didn't know going to bed was banned on P&B, sozzles.

My argument is that if you are going to prevent Chedwyn from playing football, there has to be a mechanism for this. And that this mechanism, framework or set of rules have to be applied to everyone, not just Ched Evans and not just for this case.

You seem to think that no-one should want him to play again, that is your right and opinion. Others disagree with you, including Sheffield Utd and some of their fans. So "it's entertainment" Ian Watkins bollocks doesn't stand up. as some folk do want to see him. The fact that you think they shouldn't doesn't advance an argument, it's just you continually shouting "I THINK I'M RIGHT!!"

If he is prevented from playing because of media pressure and that mixed up wee chick Charlie Webster then I actually think it will be do harm to the causes of women in sport (participant and spectator), the way we deal with sexual offences and to the standard we expect from professional sportsmen. Because it will be seen as a short term victory, but nothing will change for the better. He will be forgotten about in a couple of months and so will his case. So the next time this type of thing comes around we'll still be in the same position. Relying on the loud and ignorant banging dustbin lids off the pavement and screaming "Won't somebody please think of the children!!" rather than putting in a framework that can be applied evenly and fairly to everyone. Not just to Ched Evans, and not just because he is on the news right now.

I never ran away, ..buffon

You know, if I was calling someone a buffoon I would make damn sure I spelled the word correctly, lest I appear to be a buffoon.

You never ran away? Let's see the post.

I've been busy, and will respond in full to this thread when I have the time.

Respond in full? Erm you did not, looks like running away to me.

You are consistent in your daily mail approach to the case, the law is not enough for you, you want more punishment, that's the authentic voice of the Mail or Express.

There is no law that says the entertainment industry is different. This is the third time I've had to post it. Just because you're losing doesn't mean you can get away with such blatant lying.

So not paying to see a convicted rapist perform in the entertainment industry is "Daily Mail morality" - FFS. You can't even be a liberal you utter buffon.

No law, but you posit, without explaining, a morality that says that some professions are different. There's only one person who's losing here, it's you with your reactionary illiberal views.

I can't be a liberal? Aye, you're correct, believing in the rule of law in a free society isn't a sign of liberal opinions. :1eye

Well, fucking obviously they can. You've made a choice to pay money to see a rapist perform, maybe you want him at your club. I think such a choice is disgusting, a failure of humanity even, but I'm not saying you can't do it.

Would you shout abuse at Evans if he was playing?

Again you point out that he is a rapist, I agree, where should the line in the sand be drawn. Should all who have done time be barred from the entertainment industry?

Only from entertainment? You sit in judgement de haute en bas, another clue of illiberal intent.

Your question about shouting abuse. I don't shout abuse at players, I leave that to those who still have some growing up to do.

You should have a wee look at This Week. Portillo wipes the floor with Charlie Webster over this.

You cannot just make up this shit up on the hoof.

How about you argue it yourself, rather than bizarrely trying to call "hauners" from random Tories from TV.

My argument is that if you are going to prevent Chedwyn from playing football, there has to be a mechanism for this.

Who has talked about preventing "Chedwyn" from playing football?

If he is prevented from playing because of media pressure and that mixed up wee chick Charlie Webster then I actually think it will be do harm to the causes of women in sport (participant and spectator),

The f**k??? :unsure:

Archived