Ched Evans

philpy

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But I thought if she couldn't remember then it's all OK isn't it guys? Just a bit of laddish opportunism, nothing wrong with that. Damn feminists.

Next thing they'll be wanting the vote.

Apart from Mrs Evans of course.

BBC speaking with Sheffield United fans outside the stadium, majority want him to come back.

What is wrong with these people

Oh, mibbies they think that he has been punished in accordance with the laws of this country for his crime and that, in accordance with the law he can resume his life?

Just a thought.

ETA. The majority of Sheffield fans or the majority of those who were outside the stadium? Given the rabble who congregate outside bigot park or Mordor at such times I'm not sure we would think them as representative of the fans.

I do find it strange that the girl was deemed too drunk to provide consent to him, but not to the other guy who was involved. I'm sure that has been explained somewhere on here already mind you.

No doubt he's a horrible c**t, but this is the bit I struggle with as well.

No doubt he's a horrible c**t, but this is the bit I struggle with as well.

It's because she had been seen flirting with that particular guy all night in various forms.

That's the difference.

What does flirting have to do with consenting to have sex, and how is this actually taken into account by current law?

Be extremely specific.

Er, follow the case chump. I'm stating it as the justification that was used, I'm not saying that I agree with it.

It's because she had been seen flirting with that particular guy all night in various forms.

That's the difference.

What do you mean?

edit: question answered, I think.

edit again: just read details of the case, and the judge's, verdict and it doesn't actually make any sense at all.

Will he have a case to sue for loss of earnings if his appeal his upheld?

FWIW, I think he will sign for a club next season, I don't think any club would take a punt on him while it's all so fresh.

As someone above pointed out - surely Sheffield United an find a striker capable of scoring goals who isn't a rapist? Although with Michael Higdon and Jamie Murphy as their main striking options it would be easy to see why their fans would happily welcome back a rapist.

It's surprising that there's not more cases similar to this to be honest.

That's the difference.

I understand that, but from what I've read she said she couldn't recall having sex with either of them and it was only the players telling the police that they had sex with her that prompted the investigation. I still can't see how it can be agreed that despite remembering nothing, she was in a fit state to have consented with one but not the other. I'm not suggesting that Evans is innocent, but that just doesn't make sense to me. I would have expected both to be found guilty if anything.

It's surprising that there's not more cases similar to this to be honest.

Not wanting to laugh at the circumstances of this case, but going by how this appears I could probably legitimately write off most of the howlers I've woken up with as me being raped.

On a serious note, it is a very difficult subject to deal with for a lot of reasons. One of the things I dislike about the current law though is that the alleged attacker can be named before being charged. I think anonymity should be allowed for all involved until a charge is brought.

Thing is, surely people meet in nightclubs and go home together pished all the time?

If that counts as rape then a lot of people are rapists.

I can understand why men must not take advantage if a woman is too drunk to consent, but then what's the story if the guy has also been out drinking?

I don't understand how the jury could say Ched was guilty "beyond all reasonable doubt". The victim claims she can't remember anything, there's no evidence she was spiked, the two men's accounts tally. The hotel guy doesn't seem to contradict them. There doesn't seem to have been any forensic evidence. What was the evidence of rape? I'm not claiming his innocence, just curious about the jury's certainty.

Evans has served his time, he should still be able to earn a living.

Pay him the average wage of a semi skilled worker in Sheffield and make the club stump up the rest of what would have been his wage to rape charities.

Archived