Ched Evans

philpy

Answer the question, which you have now evaded for the fifth time. Which specific "crimes of dishonesty" preclude people from taking up their careers in this sector?

Fraud

Tax Evasion

Forgery

Embezzlement

Insider Dealing

Money Laundering

Bribery

Market Abuse

Information Security

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fraud

Tax Evasion

Forgery

Embezzlement

Insider Dealing

Money Laundering

Bribery

Market Abuse

Information Security

All of those convictions have an impact on someone's job in the financial services industry. Hence why they can't be re-employed - the law states that's the case.

Rape in no way limits Evans ability to do his job property and within the confines of the law? Hence why there are no issues with him resuming his position from a legal point of view.

I know that and haven't stated otherwise at any point.

Although it's not necessarily the law, but Governing Body regulations that can preclude people from operating in certain sectors. Again, no comment on Evans, but I disagree with the view that if he's served his sentence there should be no further consideration.

If it was a sexual offence of greater gravity more people would likely take the view that football clubs shouldn't employ him again. People will have certain views on where that line is drawn. I think if it was a sexual offence involving children, in some way, or something that involved sexual violence then more people would take the view that football shouldn't allow him a return. Clearly people are looking at the detail of this case and coming to their own conclusions as to whether he should play again, or not, which inevitably involves their judgement on the severity of the offence.

Fraud

Tax Evasion

Forgery

Embezzlement

Insider Dealing

Money Laundering

Bribery

Market Abuse

Information Security

Finally, thanks.

So based on the above, a rapist would actually be able to re-enter his job if he were in the financial sector - if an employer wished to employ him, of course - because the conviction has nothing to do with their capacity to do the job. Just like professional football, then.

What, Portillo says he'd gladly pay money to go to an Ian Watkins concert? That rapists should be welcomed back open arms onto television programmes? That Saville could make a return if he was alive?

What did he say?

Obsessed with Ian Watkins

Finally, thanks.

So based on the above, a rapist would actually be able to re-enter his job if he were in the financial sector - if an employer wished to employ him, of course - because the conviction has nothing to do with their capacity to do the job. Just like professional football, then.

Absolutely. I never suggested otherwise. You should just have asked that question in the first place and saved us all time.

I have had enough arguing with him he is a moron

Maybe a bit harsh but his habit of avoiding the relevant questions re

1. Which professions will come under his, punish the beyond the law mob fascism?

2. Which Offences are relevant to his baying mob?

and so on show that he has not actually though things through, poorly prepared to debate imo, still his evasions and lack of answers

A Contributed to the gaiety of nations.

B Made him look foolish.

1. Which professions will come under his, punish the beyond the law mob fascism?

and so on show that he has not actually though things through, poorly prepared to debate imo, still his evasions and lack of answers

B Made him look foolish.

Was just ridiculous, Watkins and Evans are not in the same category of offender anyone can see that!!

I confess I've been far too busy having a life to challenge the rape apology that has become rampant on this forum. But the chuckle brother rape apologists have had their time in the sun, and it's time I shed light on their disgusting views.

I don't even have time to challenge the egregious lies being spouted on the Mario Balotelli thread, this is more important.

B Made him look foolish.

The Entertainment industry, you slavering moron. Do you not remember why you joined this debate? It's because you thought I was claiming there was a law that prohibited rapists being professional footballers, I said this was not the case two pages before you even joined the debate. If you were paying attention, we could have all saved ourselves from your dreadful, rape apologist posts. I would never pay to see a rapist, there can be no distinctions and grey areas on that. If I was really part of a "baying mob" as you repeatedly, falsely, claim I would be er, baying to expose and harass Evans. I have said repeatedly I have no interest in this, and would ignore the loser and allow him to re-enter anonymous mediocrity. if anything, the baying mob want him playing football so they can't shout horrific personal abuse at him.

There is no baying mob, you lunatic, just a desire to not pay to watch rapists perform.

You used gaiety in totally the wrong context there, too.

Was just ridiculous, Watkins and Evans are not in the same category of offender anyone can see that!!

Right, so just we can be really specific here throbber, you would not be willing to pay to see some rapists but would be willing to pay to see other, less bad, rapists?

Please state this very specifically.

A: Because most of the above occupations are actually a public service profession; football, despite the whinging about wage levels and being a 'role model', is not.

I suspect that many footballers do indeed lose their careers as a result of criminal offences anyway - any private employer can set their own standards as to what is acceptable.

The better you are at playing football, the less likely you are to lose your job. If this guy wasn't half decent, he'd be punted. Guys that you wouldn't have in the same office / shop floor with you because of what they've done are welcomed back to the football-playing fraternity very, very easily.

The better you are at playing football, the less likely you are to lose your job. If this guy wasn't half decent, he'd be punted. Guys that you wouldn't have in the same office / shop floor with you because of what they've done are welcomed back to the football-playing fraternity very, very easily.

This is true, but what it all comes down to is: Is there a desire from both the employer and the employee to return to work, yes to both. Is there a legal reason why this should be prevented, no.

I confess I've been far too busy having a life to challenge the rape apology that has become rampant on this forum. But the chuckle brother rape apologists have had their time in the sun, and it's time I shed light on their disgusting views.

I don't even have time to challenge the egregious lies being spouted on the Mario Balotelli thread, this is more important.

The Entertainment industry, you slavering moron. Do you not remember why you joined this debate? It's because you thought I was claiming there was a law that prohibited rapists being professional footballers, I said this was not the case two pages before you even joined the debate. If you were paying attention, we could have all saved ourselves from your dreadful, rape apologist posts. I would never pay to see a rapist, there can be no distinctions and grey areas on that. If I was really part of a "baying mob" as you repeatedly, falsely, claim I would be er, baying to expose and harass Evans. I have said repeatedly I have no interest in this, and would ignore the loser and allow him to re-enter anonymous mediocrity. if anything, the baying mob want him playing football so they can't shout horrific personal abuse at him.

There is no baying mob, you lunatic, just a desire to not pay to watch rapists perform.

You used gaiety in totally the wrong context there, too.

Right, so just we can be really specific here throbber, you would not be willing to pay to see some rapists but would be willing to pay to see other, less bad, rapists?

Please state this very specifically.

I love supras's constant whining that others don't share his own oh-so-righteous view. Just standing there like Mags Heaney cluthing a gran-wean to his breast screaming "paedos ooot" doesn't address the how and why.

And if you are going to f**k with someones career you do need a reason. And no he's a rapist actually isn't a reason, regardless of how often you shout it, how little you grasp the concept of legal process and no matter how much it makes you seethe to be so firmly mired in the wrong.

Archived