Ched Evans

philpy

Firstly, before we can move forward with more of your havering nonsense, please specify, using the quote function, exactly where I have made a c**t of myself. Thank you.

Then, can you tell me why you are happy to accept the opinions of twelve random members of the public on an incident that you don't know much about? Thank you.

Eta: Oh yeah, and stop attributing words and terminology to my good self that I didn't say. I know it's been a bad affliction of yours for years now but bizarrely projecting words like "nuffink" and "m'kay" is very strange behaviour indeed. Thank you.

And "moving the goalposts" could be interpreted as a change of opinion. I haven't given my opinion on this matter in our exchange yet. So, again - havers.

I take it you don't accept the verdict of the court.

Why not, and remember be very specific

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it bewildering. She said she had drunk no more than usual, but couldn't remember anything the next day. She claimed she must have been spiked, but the Prosecution could find no evidence for it and didn't raise it. There was no physical evidence of rape, or even any sexual activity. The creepy porter with his ear to the door said she seemed to be a willing participant. Where was the evidence of rape beyond reasonable doubt? I can only think Evans came over very badly to the Jury, and they decided that he was a sleezebag and did him anyway.

Ok, I'll try to be very specific as vagueness is a bit rubbish.

In a nutshell, I think she was up for it at the time but was mortified when she woke up alone in her pish-stained bed in the morning.

That's what I think. Now, where do you think the rape side of it comes into it Enrico?

I find it bewildering. She said she had drunk no more than usual, but couldn't remember anything the next day. She claimed she must have been spiked, but the Prosecution could find no evidence for it and didn't raise it. There was no physical evidence of rape, or even any sexual activity. The creepy porter with his ear to the door said she seemed to be a willing participant. Where was the evidence of rape beyond reasonable doubt? I can only think Evans came over very badly to the Jury, and they decided that he was a sleezebag and did him anyway.

Pretty well impossible even to look for such evidence after the event, nothing can be read into that either way.

The hotel porter said no such thing, according to the accounts I read, he only said there were no sounds of distress or anything to cause alarm.

It's just his latest cringeworthy attempt to reinvent himself as some kind of anti authority trailblazer in the hope that his infamous contribution to the Clutha thread will be forgotten.

OK dear.

Feel free to bump the clutha thread and show everyone how you got made to look a fool and are still bitter about it a year later.

That is about as likely as you choosing just the one team to support

I think you'll find there are hundreds, maybe thousands of cases where there was more evidence of rape and yet the accused got off anyway. You can argue all day about how fair that is but that's the way our legal system works.

The verdict of the court system is that the conviction may be unsafe and they're looking into it again.

It's you who isn't accepting the reality here.

However even if his conviction stands, he has served a sentence for it and been stuck on the sex offenders register. He should be able to go back to his career without people arbitrarily wanting to punish him further because they don't like the amount he was punished.

Pretty well impossible even to look for such evidence after the event, nothing can be read into that either way.

The hotel porter said no such thing, according to the accounts I read, he only said there were no sounds of distress or anything to cause alarm.

I assume she reported the alleged rape the day after and was properly medically examined for traces. She was examined for evidence of sexual activity and assault. Whatever, if there's no evidence for it the jury should not have considered it, and it wasn't raised by the prosecution. You're probably right on your second point, I remembered something more but can't find it so could well be mistaken. I still can't see evidence of rape beyond reasonable doubt.

I thought anyone against him signing for a club was a daily mail reader. Hard to know what paper to read these days.

Indeed, what a colossal arse "Tom McB" has made of himself here - it's the creationism disaster all over again! And to think he used to be a teacher.

Thankfully, society has prevailed and those insisting Evans should automatically return to whatever his previous job was have been made to outdated chauvinist fools.

Society 1 - 0 P&B misogynists.

A very pleasing result all round. We've also managed to expose "willermillersmoustache" disgusting rape apology. Such horrible comments will rightly follow him around the forum.

Indeed, what a colossal arse "Tom McB" has made of himself here - it's the creationism disaster all over again! And to think he used to be a teacher.

Thankfully, society has prevailed and those insisting Evans should automatically return to whatever his previous job was have been made to outdated chauvinist fools.

Society 1 - 0 P&B misogynists.

A very pleasing result all round. We've also managed to expose "willermillersmoustache" disgusting rape apology. Such horrible comments will rightly follow him around the forum.

Again there's nothing about a girl who may have been raped, or about a man who may have been unjustly convicted. It's all about who's won an argument on the internet.

Er, he was convicted and sentenced. During the appeal he is still convicted - obviously? Were people really unaware of this? - if the conviction is overturned then it is a very different story. But until then? He's a convicted rapist - again clearly.

Of all the thick as f**k points on the thread "he's fine to be hired as a footballer because he's appealing his guilt" is up there with the worst. Yeah sure you've got a guy on death row but he's cool because he's appealing his conviction.

Good lord. A lot of masks have slipped off on this thread.

How does it feel to be on the wrong side of history?

Firstly, before we can move forward with more of your havering nonsense, please specify, using the quote function, exactly where I have made a c**t of myself. Thank you.

Certainly :-

"As nice as that would be in an ideal world, if he is convinced in his own mind that he did nothing wrong then he is hardly likely to feel any sort of pity for the woman who has just deprived him of his liberty for two and a half years. On the contrary, he is more than likely to feel bitterness and resentment towards her which is exactly the way he's acting just now."

Then, can you tell me why you are happy to accept the opinions of twelve random members of the public on an incident that you don't know much about? Thank you

Uh huh. Another absolute fist-munchingly horrific contribution here.

Perhaps you don't quite understand how court proceedings work. Maybe I can help educate you here. These aren't people randomly selected off the street in a vox pop style and asked "Ched Evans - bit rapey?". They have been in court and sat through evidence from prosecution and defence and have arrived at a verdict which is absolutely valid, as far as the application of the law is concerned.

And "moving the goalposts" could be interpreted as a change of opinion. I haven't given my opinion on this matter in our exchange yet. So, again - havers

Eh, no. Absolute fail.

The "moving the goalposts part" was in response to your really creepy question about "Chedwyn".

Specifically - "As you are so clued up on the details of the case, what part of the evidence did you exactly define as disgraceful behaviour from Chedwyn?"

When you were informed as to exactly what part of "Chedwyn's" admitted behaviour was absolutely abhorrent, suddenly you abandoned this ship mid channel and jumped to another - this time moving past the disgusting nature of "Chedwyn's" behaviour and instead into a discussion as to whether said absolutely disgusting display could warrant a specific jail sentence. Which it does, because those members of the jury found "Chedwyn" guilty, based on the facts presented to them, and a member of the judiciary, in light of said conviction, pronounced a sentence of this magnitude on "Chedwyn".

If he's convicted then obviously not. The Conservative party wouldn't select a convicted rapist to stand as a MP, and nobody would vote for a convicted rapist (this isn't Italy).

Whilst the investigation is ongoing it will obviously harm his career, but if he is exonerated he can bounce back.

How many people have automatically gone back to their own job after being convicted of rape and sentenced to prison? Very few I'd imagine, regardless of occupation.

what crimes should allow a person to resume being a footballer?

Why are you asking a question that has been answered repeatedly on this thread?

Also, I don't object to him being a footballer, if he wants to play in front of a few men and their dogs at the lower Welsh league then who cares?

Are you not also banned from standing as an MP if you have a criminal record?

Not sure, although MPs are significantly more likely to be convicted of a crime than your average punter in the street. Something like 10 times as likely.

Also, I don't object to him being a footballer, if he wants to play in front of a few men and their dogs at the lower Welsh league then who cares?

not you specifically, but im wondering why there isnt as much condemnation for the likes of Lee Hughes and Luke McCormick, given their crimes were worse

Evans clearly isnt the nicest of guys, even if his appeal is successful, but neither are the other 2 that i posted but they have resumed half decent careers given their crimes resulted in the deaths of an adult and 2 children

Not sure, although MPs are significantly more likely to be convicted of a crime than your average punter in the street. Something like 10 times as likely.

What is the cut off level he should play at in your opinion? Northern Premier, Welsh Premier...higher....lower? What if he played at that level for a team with a few bob? How much is he allowed to earn?

What is the cut off level he should play at in your opinion? Northern Premier, Welsh Premier...higher....lower? What if he played at that level for a team with a few bob? How much is he allowed to earn?

you missed out "be specific" so therefore your post is invalid in this part of the forum :lol:

Archived