Obsessed much

I am absolutely sure that had, say, Spartans been elected to SFL3 instead of us then the interest would have been exactly the same. Without doubt a Brechin/Spartans thread would produce over 800 posts.

We'll never know of course - cause no other clubs were invited to apply for the vacant space left in the league when Rangers were liquidated.

One of the many things Charles Green and the oppressed support of Sevco manage to forget when bleating on about 'punishments' etc.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually we are happy that we won against a team in a higher league today so I have no idea where the word 'only' comes from.

We are, of course, an absolutely new club who played our first competitive match today since being admitted to SFL3. I think this is, then, an expression of how keen Scottish football fans are to welcome new teams.

I am absolutely sure that had, say, Spartans been elected to SFL3 instead of us then the interest would have been exactly the same. Without doubt a Brechin/Spartans thread would produce over 800 posts.

Firstly, from a bookie's point of view, Sevco drew yesterday, but I'll let that one go.

Secondly, if "we" are a new club, why does "my team" still appear as "rangers"?

Thirdly, Sevco were not elected. They are currantly(!) trying to transfer an existing membership of the SFA to their new organisation.

And finally, if they're a new team, how about the fans dreaming up some new songs? Scum. A "despicable minority" of scum, of course, but funny how they all got tickets for Brechin, don'tcha think?

Quarter past ten on a Sunday night.

P&B Forum, 3rd Division.

143 reading.

P&B Forum, SPL General Chatter.

131 reading.

cool.gif

"Your only here to see The Rangers......"

Div, can you tell us if this has been the biggest amount of rubber neckers that have been on the 3rd division general chatter?

It's like a car crash on the motorway. When you're driving by you know you probably shouldn't be looking but can't really help yourself.

Don't worry though, once the bodies are removed it'll be back to business as usual. Well, not for you lot but you get my point.

Actually we are happy that we won against a team in a higher league today so I have no idea where the word 'only' comes from.

We are, of course, an absolutely new club who played our first competitive match today since being admitted to SFL3. I think this is, then, an expression of how keen Scottish football fans are to welcome new teams.

:lol:

Are you Sevcoites somehow trying to turn it into a positive that so many people are delighted to enjoy the misery visited upon Sevco over the last few months? Like everyone else on here, most people in my home town support Sevco, to the detriment of their local team. Your support is overrun with sectarianism, triumphalism, and bigotry. Therefore: people are enjoying this. It's like watching Piers Morgan walking around with two broken arms and a neck brace -- you can't help but enjoy it, and you want to see more.

You can always tell when people have nowhere left to run to when they pull the old "obsessed" guff out the bag. A cringeworthy attempt to score some points. Swing and miss.

When civilians meet a member of HM Prison Service, they always want to know, "Have you got Neilsen/Bamber/Huntley?". Even after years, and in some cases decades, the public are still "obsessed" with high-profile criminals - mainly to be re-assured that they are where they should be, and are still getting/going to get what's coming to them.

Equally, fans all over Scotland (through strangely, not outside it - "global brand"laugh.gif) are "obsessed" with making sure that what rangers have done does not go unpunished or forgotten.

Maybe it's a bit unfair to draw comparisons between murdering scum and a dead football club.......

But there's no internet in the nick, so they won't know to sue me! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Quarter past ten on a Sunday night.

P&B Forum, 3rd Division.

143 reading.

P&B Forum, SPL General Chatter.

131 reading.

cool.gif

"Your only here to see The Rangers......"

Div, can you tell us if this has been the biggest amount of rubber neckers that have been on the 3rd division general chatter?

Honestly, gonnae just f**k off.

Who cares how many fans from non 3rd div teams are looking at the 3rd div forum???

Is it not more to do with the fact that we were witness to one of, (if not THE),biggest news story in scottish football since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun??

I dont care whether it is in this forum , Juniors or even the 3rd kirkcaldy and methil boy scouts league forum, I would still want to know what was going on with The Rangers/sevco scotland/TTFKAR/sevco 5508 or WHATEVER!!, saga that we have been fortunate to be privvy toph34r.gif

yes Im feckin rubbernecking but D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. !

and see if some c**t writes ^^^^^seething ,I'll .........laugh.gif

eta canny spell Kirkcaldy ffsmad.gif

Well I appear to be the only one on here right now, but yes, the point stands.

I'll happily admit to being obsessed by the Rangers story. Their turmoil of late has been a source of huge delight for me. Guilty as charged.

Why that makes you feel any better about things though, I've no idea.

Very well put and, to paraphrase Monty Python, the only thing I would add is 'I'm obsessed, and so is my wife'

:P

Speaking of obsessions, I always thought the question 'aye, but who's your big team?' was an urban myth. In all my 40something years I've never heard that question directly asked.

Obviously, as I've watched this fiasco unfold, there have been numerous references to it on here and it has started to come into various conversations I've had. Some people swear they've been asked it and they are all usually stunned by the ignorance behind it.

So, assuming it's not an urban myth, am I to believe that there are really people out there that believe we just support our diddy teams to pass the time until we can make it along to see a 'proper team'?

Obsessed much? :blink:

Guest Kincardine

So, assuming it's not an urban myth, am I to believe that there are really people out there that believe we just support our diddy teams to pass the time until we can make it along to see a 'proper team'?

Some people have a big team/wee team but it's pretty rare.

I am sure, though, that there have been more posts from supporters of SPL clubs in this Div 3 forum in the past 2 weeks than in all of P&B's prior history.

This says to me that people care much more about The Rangers than they do about their own teams and leagues.

Archived