The LOLverpool Thread

no but man united took fergie from a scottish team and then gave him a few seasons to turn the club around

Aye true but fergie more than earned his stripes at aberdeen winning scottish leagues and cups as well as european trophies. And to do all that outwith being an old firm club made it all the more impressive.

Rodgers seems like a nice chap and did a good job at swansea but to land the manager job at one of the world's iconic clubs after 1 season of top flight football - he's a jammy b*****d.

Aye true but fergie more than earned his stripes at aberdeen winning scottish leagues and cups as well as european trophies. And to do all that outwith being an old firm club made it all the more impressive.

Rodgers seems like a nice chap and did a good job at swansea but to land the manager job at one of the world's iconic clubs after 1 season of top flight football - he's a jammy b*****d.

but fergie was every bit as shite as rodgers for his first few seasons at utd, took a strong chairman to resist the calls for his sack, and if the internet was about back then, i doubt he would have lasted 2 seasons

but fergie was every bit as shite as rodgers for his first few seasons at utd, took a strong chairman to resist the calls for his sack, and if the internet was about back then, i doubt he would have lasted 2 seasons

That is a very good point. All they had back then to voice their disapproval was a bedsheet saying "ta ra fergie".

fergie was one game from the sack mind? so all the good he done with aberdeen didnt count for f**k all at that point

the point is that rodgers hasnt even had 2 transfer windows to sort out the mumbling clowns mess, f**k kenny spent over 100 million on shite that finished near mid table, no manager in the world could have came in during the summer and transformed that

what might end up costing rodgers his job is the gerrard situation, will he ever be dropped if not playing well? rodgers may eventually have to but the fans will just not accept that

Was at the game today and not long back. Down on the train, few cans, few beers in town, one near the ground...great day...just a shame about the game! Liverpool started pretty well but couldn't score. A combination of some woeful defending and good finishing saw Villa 2 up at half time and then 3 early in the second half. A comeback was never really threatened and Villa's back 5 only conceded a late consolation after the game was all but over.

I must say what a difference in the Villa side today to the one that I saw at Anfield backin April that parked the bus and time wasted it's way to a point under McLeish.

Very frustrating and after what looked like some recent good progress it feels like a lot of the good work has been undone. 3 league games until the transfer window opens and Rodgers will need to get it right especially after his summer business.

fergie was one game from the sack mind? so all the good he done with aberdeen didnt count for f**k all at that point

the point is that rodgers hasnt even had 2 transfer windows to sort out the mumbling clowns mess, f**k kenny spent over 100 million on shite that finished near mid table, no manager in the world could have came in during the summer and transformed that

what might end up costing rodgers his job is the gerrard situation, will he ever be dropped if not playing well? rodgers may eventually have to but the fans will just not accept that

I'll give him that - kenny bought in some horrendous shite at criminal prices. We'll be better able to judge rodgers after he's bought in some playing staff of his own - I have a feeling he'll buy in a lot of little tippy tappy players a la joe allen, but who'll win f**k all.

Time will tell.....!

Absolute rofl at Xavi Allen's defensive efforts on basically all three goals :lol:

He really is the perfect example of people involved in English football watching the likes of Barcelona and simply not getting it at all.

Imagine lining up against a team with Johnson and Downing at full back, with Allen infront of the back four. You'd fancy it.

Brendan-Rodgers-picture.jpg

"I've got 1 envelope containing the name of a pure shite manager. Guess who it is lads".

Disgraceful result LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Oh wait, Dalglish is no longer the manager.

Erm, bad result but he's just turning it around. It's still all Dalglishs' fault. Let's give him time. Let's ignore his David Brent impersonations.

Eh wait a minute, isn't Thumper that guy who routinely insists he doesn't read my posts? Nice one, fuckwit.

Edited by Supras

Iconic or not, the last time Liverpool had a side to be feared was in Dalglish's first stint as boss.

xLtSI.gif

Fucking love that, what a p***k!

That was a result that Villa have been waiting to inflict on somebody for a wee while IMO, no great surprise that it was Liverpool in all honesty.

Downing has revealed that Liverpool have told him he can leave. The red side of Liverpool get pissed in celebration, the blue side get pissed nursing their disappointment.

He can come back to Villa no worries.

Was at the game today and not long back. Down on the train, few cans, few beers in town, one near the ground...great day...just a shame about the game! Liverpool started pretty well but couldn't score. A combination of some woeful defending and good finishing saw Villa 2 up at half time and then 3 early in the second half. A comeback was never really threatened and Villa's back 5 only conceded a late consolation after the game was all but over.

I must say what a difference in the Villa side today to the one that I saw at Anfield backin April that parked the bus and time wasted it's way to a point under McLeish.

Very frustrating and after what looked like some recent good progress it feels like a lot of the good work has been undone. 3 league games until the transfer window opens and Rodgers will need to get it right especially after his summer business.

Dry your eyes! :P

Going down to Chelsea Villa next Sunday, bring it on.