The LOLverpool Thread

Downing would be a decent signing for the likes of Sunderland or Aston Villa depending on the price.

If the price was zero maybe.

Don't think he would be very welcomed at Aston Villa, and i'm not so sure they would be able to or want to pay his wages.

Liverpool will be lucky to get £10M for him, even with the England cap premium attached to him. QPR or Sunderland are the most likely I'd guess.

He was an utter disaster of a signing, but maybe a club with no expectations will see him put in better performances. He was never a £20M or whatever sum was paid for him player, but he was by no means the complete diddy he's shown himself to be in his time at Liverpool.

I would be absolutely delighted if Stewart Downing came back to the 'Boro. He's not a £20 million player and never was, but he is a good, solid Premier League footballer, there's a reason he was Aston Villa's player of the season the year before he signed for Liverpool and a reason Villa bought him for £10 million in the first place.

I'm reasonably confident we'll be there or there abouts in the promotion places this season, but I'd be infinitely more confident if Stewart Downing was back on board.

20% off in the online shop til tomorrow so be quick...perfect for the Xmas party season. :lol:

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Pleasing that the grief merchants are sliding towards relegation as West Ham are currently beating them thanks to an OG by past it has been Steeeevie G.