The LOLverpool Thread

I see Jamie Carragher has announced he will retire at the end of the season. An outstanding player for Liverpool, particularly in Istanbul, and he's surprised everyone with how he's performed in the last couple of games.

He was a superb centre half in his day, and spent plenty of time at both right and left back over the years too. Been below par for quite some time now and he knew it. His recent resurgence in the past few games was good to see, but it was never going to last and I think he's made the right decision. It'll be interesting to see what he does now. I'm certain he'll be involved in coaching and I believe he started his badges a while back. I think he'd make a good youth coach and I'm sure he'd be keen to help out with Rodolfo Borrell's charges.

Also, lest we forget, like Cole he was a complete piece of shit who has been arrested and cautioned for assault, deliberately injured his own team mate in training and tried to get his mates to beat up Lucas Neill,

Choose your "legends" wisely. If I saw him on the street I'd cross to avoid him.

a complete piece of shit who has been arrested and cautioned for assault, deliberately injured his own team mate in training and tried to get his mates to beat up Lucas Neill,

Correct. A disgusting individual.

Quite sickening to see the likes of Phil McNulty call him a "model professional".

lolwut?

Edited by H_B

Carragher's lack of pace has been criminal for them. It always amazes me how good his positional sense is at times though, and it's even more amazing when he just completely implodes in that sense as a result. He's like a less consistant David Weir.

Carragher's lack of pace has been criminal for them. It always amazes me how good his positional sense is at times though, and it's even more amazing when he just completely implodes in that sense as a result. He's like a less consistant David Weir.

I think David Weir was a better player over the piece than Carragher was, too.

My favourite anecdote was about the time when Carragher broke Nani.

Lest we forget :-

"When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed"

Given he's so candid about it he's probably organised similar successful hits against other players and randomers he doesn't like.

On the c**t scale he's right up their with the Liverpool captain.

Oh and lest I forget the hilarious Carragher Terry partnership for the second half of the USA game in 2010. Brutal.

Edited by Supras

Lest we forget :-

"When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed"

What a c**t

How long was he out for? I'll assume he was getting private medical care and not missing out a penny in wages at the time.