The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

Bottle of Trooper from Robinsons. Cracking session beer for the Summer months.

Bruce Dickinson from iron maiden is a real ale enthusiast and was involved in the production.

Robinson's Trooper is currently on cask at the Bon Accord for those who are interested.

Edited by Cammy35

Been really into the Williams Bros varieties as of late. March of the Pengiuns, 7 Giraffes, Harvest Sun, Prodigal Sun, Froach, & Midnight Sun. 7 Giraffes being my favorite of the lot

Been really into the Williams Bros varieties as of late. March of the Pengiuns, 7 Giraffes, Harvest Sun, Prodigal Sun, Froach, & Midnight Sun. 7 Giraffes being my favorite of the lot

Cracking wee team there, Mik. Agree that 7 Giraffes is probably the pick. Not so keen on Fraoch.

tremendous. without just wishing to name their entire range roisin,caesar agustus,impale and joker are all superb beers. giraffea is right up there but i reckon joker is my favourite

Looks good. I have only tried two of the beers on show. Old Leg Over and Pure UBU. They were both good, especially the UBU.

I have gried 5 or possibly 6 if the one at the top with the lady in the bikini is the one I think it is.

That looks like a decent beer festival gy, I hope the Grimsby regulars appreciate your efforts :thumsup2

the anchorage in leverburgh on isle of harris has mcewans 60/- on draught. this might not excite you big city types with your 100 tap ale houses but never seen it before.

McEwans 60/- is my beer of choice. It's sold in my local in Troon (always has been) and is a mere £2 a pint. Love it!

tremendous. without just wishing to name their entire range roisin,caesar agustus,impale and joker are all superb beers. giraffea is right up there but i reckon joker is my favourite

I've been trying to keep an eye out for those two but to no avail. You can buy it on hte WB website but I don't fancy buying a whole crate, although 20quid odd is decent for 12 bottles.

I have gried 5 or possibly 6 if the one at the top with the lady in the bikini is the one I think it is.

That looks like a decent beer festival gy, I hope the Grimsby regulars appreciate your efforts :thumsup2

Thanks the one with the lady in the bikini is Castle Rock- Elsie Mo

Here's the full list of what I have in.

Abbeydale- Moonshine 4.3%
Batemans- Salem Porter 4.7%
Black Hole- Supernova 4.8%
Castle Rock- Elsie Mo 4.7%
Caythorpe - One Swallow 3.6%
Daleside- Old Legover 4.1%
Dark Star- American Pale Ale 4.7%
Exmoor- Beast 6.6%
Flipside- Golden Sovereign 4.2%
Harviestoun- Bitter & Twisted 3.8%
Hopback- Taiphoon 4.2%
Hopback- Entire Stout 4.5%
Kelham Island- Riders On The Storm 4.5%
Maxim- Maximus 6.0%
Oakham- Citra 4.2%
Oakham- Scarlet Macaw 4.4%
Ossett- Silver King 4.3%
Ossett- Excelsior 5.2%
Poachers- Billy Boy 4.4%
Poachers- Monkey Hanger 4.5%
Purity- UBU 4.5%
Robinsons- Double Hop 5.0%
Robinsons- Trooper 4.8%
Rudgate- Ruby Mild 4.4%
Saltaire- Cascade Pale Ale 4.8%
Skinners- Ginger Tosser 3.8%
St Austell- Proper Job 4.5%
Taylors- Golden Best 3.5%
Thornbridge- Jaipur IPA 5.9%
Titanic- Iceberg 4.1%
Wadworth- Red, White & Brew 4.0%
York- Centurions Ghost Ale 5.4%
Ciders....
Broadoak- Perry 7.5%
Broadoak- Kingston Black 7.5%
Mr Whiteheads- Blackberry 4.0%
Mr Whiteheads- Devils Device 8.4%
Mr Whiteheads- Strawberry 4.0%

Was up in Scotland a couple of weeks ago and got a few nice beers from Aldi's, William Wallace was good, as was Trooper, Theakstons Old Peculier was excellent. My Daughter got me a few of bottles of McEwans Champion Ale at Fathers Day. Better than I thought it would be it was 7.3ABV and I generally find strong beers are more about the strength than the taste, but this had a decent flavour.

My Daughter got me a few of bottles of McEwans Champion Ale at Fathers Day. Better than I thought it would be it was 7.3ABV and I generally find strong beers are more about the strength than the taste, but this had a decent flavour.

Agreed, it's a belter. Another strong 'un that's more about the taste is Broughton Old Jock, around 6.6%. Try that if you get a chance.

anyone suggest any good ale shops near glasgow city centre?

The Good Spirits Company in Bath Street has a big selection of stuff. Alternatively if you're willing to take a 5 minute subway ride out to Kelvinbridge there's also The Cave and Quel Vin (though it's changed name very recently and I can't remember what it's called now) which are not even a minutes walk to either side of the subway exit.

Hippo Beers in Queen Margaret Drive is decent too.

I've been trying to keep an eye out for those two but to no avail. You can buy it on hte WB website but I don't fancy buying a whole crate, although 20quid odd is decent for 12 bottles.

You can get Roisin in Aldi pretty often.

They've got their Scottish Ale Festival on just now too so worth a swatch.