The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

Now whilst not entirely alcohol related. I can't help but ask why Philpy has the Samuel Smiths logo as his avatar. I take it you're a fan?

Oh mate, I love the stuff. The chocolate stout in particular.

Oh mate, I love the stuff. The chocolate stout in particular.

I was made to try it since I work in a Samuel Smith's pub. (one of two in Scotland) I really disliked it, but then im not much of a stout fan. What else have you tried? Cause I love the bitters we do, Sovereign and Old Brewery. The lagers are not bad either. Can't complain for under £2.30 a pint.

If you've not been before, would recommend nipping into Inn Deep. It's pretty much under the Kelvinbridge. It's the folk from the Williams Bros brewery who run it so you'll get the vast majority of their range and a good few guests (keg & cask) too. Really nice enjoying a pint outside by the river on a sunny day.

Dropped Inn* yesterday for a couple of pints: a good recommendation.

* greggy.png

Drinking Samuel Adams Boston Lager from Tesco. Just noticed that it is now brewed in the UK by Shepherd Neame (one of my least favourite brewers). They also brew Kingfisher and Asahi for the UK market. I've always thought Kingfisher and Asahi were poor by "Premium Lager" standards.

The Boston Lager tastes pretty good though. Its been such a long time since I had the US stuff I cant really say whether its the same or different.

Edit to add: Just finished a second bottle and it really is quite good. Maybe slightly sweeter than the US version, but a very smooth and full bodied for a lager.

Edited by Cammy35

Williams bros select tonight, plus a couple of Trooper and a King Goblin for good measure. It's been a hell of a week, cheers lads :D

IMAG1395_zps1755995a.jpg

Edited by Mik