The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

1356184076[/url]' post='6913445']

Almost stocked up for the festive period. Merry Christmas everyone:

Fantastic selection, right up my street.

1356210288[/url]' post='6914466']

I'm drinking Samuel smiths chocolate stout again. Seriously, if you like this kind of thing, get some bought. It's blooming lovely.

Got this mixed case of Sam Adams to split with my dad and that was probably my favourite. Lovely rich aftertaste of cocoa. White Christmas was a close second.

Fantastic selection, right up my street.

Got this mixed case of Sam Adams to split with my dad and that was probably my favourite. Lovely rich aftertaste of cocoa. White Christmas was a close second.

That looks immense! Where did you get that?

Whereabouts? Quite fancy trying it on tap.

Cramond, it's not on tap and I don't think it ever will be, it's just the 500ml bottles we do. Albeit we have most of the bottled beers and ales. Plus the stuff on taps all excellent, £2.04 for a pint of too quality bitter is a bonus too. Although if that's too expensive you can get a pint of Dark ale for £1.54.

Edited by Widge

For Christmas, the inlaws got me this book!

After getting this book yesterday, I went out and bought these to make a start. I've already tried 32 or 33 of the ones in the book.

The only new one for me is the Guinness Foreign Extra that I bought today.

post-32863-18145_thumb.jpg

After getting this book yesterday, I went out and bought these to make a start. I've already tried 32 or 33 of the ones in the book.

The only new one for me is the Guinness Foreign Extra that I bought today.

Guinness Foreign Extra is lovely. I think its 7.5% so significantly stronger and more flavoursome than regular guinness.

ETA: Derek Paterson was asking about Dark Island. I had a bottle on Christmas day and it was the same as it has always been as far as I could tell.

Edited by Cammy35

Just found out today there is a beer shop in Inverness. Why have I only just found out about this!? :lol:

They seem to have a decent range of beers. I will hopefully get a chance to head there before New Year to pick up a few of the ones recommended on this thread.

http://www.yourround...op/IV2-3EA.aspx

*edit*

I picked up these 4 for just over a fiver from Lidl the other day. I'm sure they won't be spectacular, but you can't really go wrong for that price.

087731.jpg

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

I'm currently drinking the Manchester Star Ale, which is fantastic.

Thanks to Derek for that. :D

Glorious stuff. Have you still got bottles from when Sainsburys had it or did you get more? Sure I've got 1 bottle left at the missus' house but don't know if there's anywhere to get more now.

Glorious stuff. Have you still got bottles from when Sainsburys had it or did you get more? Sure I've got 1 bottle left at the missus' house but don't know if there's anywhere to get more now.

Sainsbury in Stirling last Friday, got a whole case. :)

I'm just watching Jamie and Jimmy's food fight on channel 4 and the episode had opened with a look at ales. Thought some of you might fancy a look. Is there a Channel 4+1? If so, it'll be on there at 9. Otherwise, it'll be on 4od I'd imagine.