The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

Perfect Storm was well named that was as close to perfection as I have tasted in a long while. Really light and refreshing with a definite lemony taste. Excellent.

It really is absolutely fantastic. Really hoppy, but with a fantastic balance of fruit too. Had my third bottle of it tonight since finding it three weeks ago, and it gets better every time.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also purchased the Ginger Rodent, Cairngorm's dedication to former MP Beaker. 'Autumn Nuts' too.

Tried both last night.

Enjoyed the Autumn Nuts (nice ruby ale) but the Ginger Rodent was a massive watery disappointment with no character to it at all. Quite fitting given the Danny Alexander story behind it I suppose.

This thread single handedly has me trying allsorts now. Went to Aldi and came back with a haul of four Williams Bro's beers in addition to the catch last night. I imagine I'll be taking a good few bottles down with me to college again on Wednesday.

post-30184-14371543106317_thumb.jpg

Spotted this little number in a new shop on West Nile St today. Having had the American Pale Ale (?) which Beavertown offer, I was quite excited to try this yin.

Very, very smokey, can smell it before you take the first sip! I had to double check the ABV (5.4%), but it goes down a treat.

Is the Perfect Storm available on tap ie at Inn Deep or a similar pub? Would merit a revisit soon.

Not that I've seen. Joker, Caesar Augustus, Black Ball are the standards on tap. All the others in bottles. And some experimental newbies. Great place. Also: try V Deep in Leith. It's Inn Deep with Indian food.

Is the Perfect Storm available on tap ie at Inn Deep or a similar pub? Would merit a revisit soon.

I'd be surprised if it was on tap so soon, but you'll almost certainly be able to get it bottled. If this is the case, why not head to Aldi?

Speaking of Williams Bros, I picked up a bottle of Ceilidh today. I was quite disappointed if truth be told, would much rather a bottle of Drygate's Beardface.

Speaking of Williams Bros, I picked up a bottle of Ceilidh today. I was quite disappointed if truth be told, would much rather a bottle of Drygate's Beardface.

Aye, I thought Ceilidh a bit ordinary. Birds and Bees is a triumph, though.

Tonight's boozefest for the golf.

Aye, I thought Ceilidh a bit ordinary. Birds and Bees is a triumph, though.
I haven't tried Ceilidh but agree with your comment on Birds and Bees, although I prefer Fraoch and Seven Giraffes.Haven't really been disappointed with any Williams Bros beers, and blown away by Perfect Storm.

Archived