Strange dreams

14 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

A spaceship landed in my street, and out came Darth Vader who proceeded to wander into my house.  He told me that somebody had started a thread bad-mouthing him on P&B, instructed me to compile a list of all the thread's contributors, and to calculate the % of content from each using charts in an Excel spreadsheet.

Well, demanding you use Excel certainly seems like dark side behavior. So, what were the results?

I sometimes have dreams where I'm in familiar places eg Edinburgh but I've invented new streets or buildings

Last night's dream I was in Glasgow and passed an Arabic looking building and a Hindu temple looking building next to each other and I said "that's the Egyptian consulate next to the Indian one"

I get disappointed sometimes when I wake up and find the buildings don't actually exist.

22 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

A spaceship landed in my street, and out came Darth Vader who proceeded to wander into my house.  He told me that somebody had started a thread bad-mouthing him on P&B, instructed me to compile a list of all the thread's contributors, and to calculate the % of content from each using charts in an Excel spreadsheet.

Don’t know if anyone has started a thread, but i’ll say it. Darth Vader is a knobhead. Builds a “death star” with a fundamental flaw that he never addresses. And while we are on it, What sort of would be, ruler of the galaxy hires a load of folk who consistently fail to hit their target? Surely if that is the sort of accuracy he was looking for, He should have just became manager of (insert name of Scottish football team here). 

I'm going to see Paramore at the Hydro next Monday. Last night I dreamed I was trying to get my ticket sorted on my phone before I left, but I couldn't, and every time I looked at the time it had moved forward loads. I think by the time it ended it was 7PM and I still hadn't left the house. Relatively normal.

Later on I decided to leave the house at 2PM. Fine. Until I ended up being Jeremy Clarkson and test driving a tiny electric car that ran on train tracks in a secret underground military/government base, trying to sneak around trains and away from the dustpan and brush which was going alone the rails and cleaning underneath the trains/flatbed things on them. Eventually I reached the end of the maze I was on and started going really far down (while filming the end of my car review) to the bit where the people worked, where I was going to get found out.

I think I woke up around the back of eight and managed to convince myself I still have a few days to go and I haven't missed anything.

On 11/04/2023 at 01:43, buchan30 said:

Don’t know if anyone has started a thread, but i’ll say it. Darth Vader is a knobhead. Builds a “death star” with a fundamental flaw that he never addresses. And while we are on it, What sort of would be, ruler of the galaxy hires a load of folk who consistently fail to hit their target? Surely if that is the sort of accuracy he was looking for, He should have just became manager of (insert name of Scottish football team here). 

Always felt it was sorta contradictory that we see Obi-Wan point out how precise the blaster shots were on the Jawa transporter, and from there on the shooting of Imperial Stormtroopers is a joke. On a related note,

11 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm going to see Paramore at the Hydro next Monday. Last night I dreamed I was trying to get my ticket sorted on my phone before I left, but I couldn't, and every time I looked at the time it had moved forward loads. I think by the time it ended it was 7PM and I still hadn't left the house. Relatively normal.

Later on I decided to leave the house at 2PM. Fine. Until I ended up being Jeremy Clarkson and test driving a tiny electric car that ran on train tracks in a secret underground military/government base, trying to sneak around trains and away from the dustpan and brush which was going alone the rails and cleaning underneath the trains/flatbed things on them. Eventually I reached the end of the maze I was on and started going really far down (while filming the end of my car review) to the bit where the people worked, where I was going to get found out.

I think I woke up around the back of eight and managed to convince myself I still have a few days to go and I haven't missed anything.

If I was going to see Paramore I'd be having twisted dreams about Hayley Williams instead of this pish.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

If I was going to see Paramore I'd be having twisted dreams about Hayley Williams instead of this pish.

I had one a few weeks ago where she turned up at my work and I was going about telling everyone she was an angel. Maybe I'm too nice.

Harrowing nightmare.

Was kidnapped by Scientologists,

Started I was at some conference/seminar & soon realised what was going on by what was being talked about & said I was leaving.

Then hundreds of robot-like cultists turned on me & overpowered me. Injected my with something so I was paralysed.

After that they stole my wallet & said they would steal my identity. Started breaking my bones which I couldnt feel, but could see.

Fucking chilling.

Must have been bad, since my bedroom windows were fogged up AF.

• 4 weeks later...

Not that strange but dreamed that my dad died. It was a pretty deep, vivid and lengtyh dream that took in preparations for his funeral and some pretty upsetting feelings on my part.

I imagine it's because he did nearly die recently and had to spend a week in hospital.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Not that strange but dreamed that my dad died. It was a pretty deep, vivid and lengtyh dream that took in preparations for his funeral and some pretty upsetting feelings on my part.

I imagine it's because he did nearly die recently and had to spend a week in hospital.

My old man did die suddenly and I had a dream months afterwards when I was in the local library and I bumped into him looking at a book (a not unknown occurrence when he was alive)

Me: Oh, do you know you're dead?

Dad: Oh aye, I do 

Me: Ah, fair enough

Maybe heaven is a small public library in Edinburgh 

I dreamed on Sunday that there was a new Star Trek movie out. Not just any one, but the best one ever. Not just the best ST movie of all time, but it was the best movie ever made - all the critics agreed, the public, everyone raving about it. It was going to change cinema forever and it just happened to be a Star Trek movie. Add to this, I hadn't seen it yet. My dream was vaguely about buying a ticket to go and see it. 

Anyway, I woke up absolutely grinning because this film was out and I was going to buy a ticket to go and see it. Then the walls of reality came crushing in. 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I dreamed on Sunday that there was a new Star Trek movie out. Not just any one, but the best one ever. Not just the best ST movie of all time, but it was the best movie ever made - all the critics agreed, the public, everyone raving about it. It was going to change cinema forever and it just happened to be a Star Trek movie. Add to this, I hadn't seen it yet. My dream was vaguely about buying a ticket to go and see it. 

Anyway, I woke up absolutely grinning because this film was out and I was going to buy a ticket to go and see it. Then the walls of reality came crushing in. 

Star Trek VII: The Devastation of Reality

6 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Ricardo Montalbán is dead, and without Khan (and a Captains chair of rich Corinthian leather [a line never uttered]) there cannot be a new best Star Trek movie ever!

On 10/04/2023 at 09:32, Hedgecutter said:

I read the second sentence of that in his voice.

2 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

I survived a nuclear explosion last night whilst in Spain.

Quite a terrifying dream 

I'd a dream about the aftermath of a nuclear explosion last week. I survived because i was upstairs  and the bomb was in the basement of my old work. 

13 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Whoa, they finally made a movie out of A Night with Troi?!