Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

The non executive chairman is meant to be independent of any club, those names that you posted have a different criteria.
It's been explained to you several times now.

He is independent of any club.

Nobody has explained why there is a risk to his independence and what this risk is. Not just he loves Celtic and hates rangers by the way, actual risk to his independence in accordance with the Companies Act and it's rules regarding independence of Directors.

Repeating that there is a conflict of interest just because isn't the right answer Bennett.

13 hours ago, MrSpikey said:

Only one of the top three Celtic shareholders owns INM shares, Desmond, and while he is the largest Celtic shareholder, he isn't the largest INM shareholder, holding only 15%.

So, presumably you meant to say, "the largest shareholders in a member-club of the SPFL are not the largest shareholders of said media company".

Desmond and O'Brien's combined shares in both Celtic and INM would categorise them as 'the largest shareholder' in each company.

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

He is independent of any club.

Nobody has explained why there is a risk to his independence and what this risk is. Not just he loves Celtic and hates rangers by the way, actual risk to his independence in accordance with the Companies Act and it's rules regarding independence of Directors.

Repeating that there is a conflict of interest just because isn't the right answer Bennett.

An independent chairman with strong links to shareholders of an spfl club clearly shows the potential for a conflict of interests and this needs to be properly looked in to. Rather than the spfl firing off vague deflections.

Rangers questions regarding disclosure should have been answered.

An independent chairman with strong links to shareholders of an spfl club clearly shows the potential for a conflict of interests and this needs to be properly looked in to. Rather than the spfl firing off vague deflections.
Rangers questions regarding disclosure should have been answered.

Bennett it is genuinely impossible to have a proper discussion with you on anything. Once again you are ignoring the real question that I have asked you on numerous occasions. If you can't answer it then just admit you don't know.

Why should the question have been answered when the question was put forth in a public statement and not through the correct protocol? Do you not see the consequences of the SPFL doing this? Should they just investigate every claim that is thrown out in public whether that be Dave King or any other club chief? For this to be investigated and answered it should be filed properly, which it hasn't.

The reason Dave King has approached it this way is because he knows there is no conflict of interest but wanted to kick up a storm to get people like you on his side. People that keep on buying into his nonsense. He's a cancer on your club and instead of worrying about conflicts of interest that don't exist you should be forcing this guy out the club before it's too late.

2 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Bennett it is genuinely impossible to have a proper discussion with you on anything. Once again you are ignoring the real question that I have asked you on numerous occasions. If you can't answer it then just admit you don't know.

Why should the question have been answered when the question was put forth in a public statement and not through the correct protocol? Do you not see the consequences of the SPFL doing this? Should they just investigate every claim that is thrown out in public whether that be Dave King or any other club chief? For this to be investigated and answered it should be filed properly, which it hasn't.

The reason Dave King has approached it this way is because he knows there is no conflict of interest but wanted to kick up a storm to get people like you on his side. People that keep on buying into his nonsense. He's a cancer on your club and instead of worrying about conflicts of interest that don't exist you should be forcing this guy out the club before it's too late.

sussssshhh.. let them carry on howling at the moon while Dodgey Dave rips the pish out of them..  

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

Your question regarding club representation on the spfl board has been answered several times, the difference between non execs has also been explained.

All the spfl had to was give a simple yes or no regarding disclosure..

The chairman of the SPFL is also non exec chairman of a £300 million media company.  The largest shareholders in a member-club of the SPFL are also the largest shareholders of said media company.

Thank you.  Much more concise than anything else I've seen on the subject.
It does sound like the sort of thing that should have been declared, and is worth a look.

Taking King seriously when highlighting concerns he has over due process however, is not easily achieved.

If this is the case I do think it needs to be looked at too, regardless of how funny the SS paranoia is.

Not sure much for the conflict of interests but for the fact it wasn’t declared.

On 30/05/2018 at 23:43, xj2011 said:

Agreed. However, if only Rangers fans were as equally vocal and concerned about the squeaky cleanness of their own club/company, they probably wouldn't find themselves in the mess they currently find themselves in?

Speaking of the importance of being "beyond reproach", Dave King, like others before him, I highly doubt (according to the requirements set out in the SFA's rules) should ever have been considered as a "fit and proper" person to own any professional football team, never mind the mighty Gers.

Despite their rather vague 'reasons' for his passing the test here https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-fa-statement-mr-dave-king/

The rules regarding the “fit and proper” person test are contained in the SFA Articles of Association. They state at Article 10.2 :-

(h)   he has been convicted within the last 10 years of (i) an offence liable to imprisonment of two years or more, (ii) corruption or (iii) fraud;

How he managed to pass the test is beyond me... maybe one for Stewart Regan to answer? Oh wait... he bolted shortly after King lost his last court case.

Basically, I think you should look a bit closer to home before putting energy into hanging onto Dave's every word, truthful or not, against the SPFL.

As far as i know Dave King is not on the board of The Rangers Football Club , which was granted  the SFA membership( 2012 )..He is on the board of Rangers International Football Club which owns the former , therefor has bypassed this "fit and proper  " thing !!  A bit like when Romanov was at Hearts , he never was on the board of directors , he was  just a major shareholder in the investment group that owned the club ..Sometime soon this will all become untangled  , King is playing a "dodgy " game with everything he is involved in..Strange the Press in Scotland have never managed to find out why 2 directors bailed out last month  but can find a story about every player who shared a pitch with Gerrard ..

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2018 at 03:24, gastropod said:

As far as i know Dave King is not on the board of The Rangers Football Club , which was granted  the SFA membership( 2012 )..He is on the board of Rangers International Football Club which owns the former , therefor has bypassed this "fit and proper  " thing !!  A bit like when Romanov was at Hearts , he never was on the board of directors , he was  just a major shareholder in the investment group that owned the club ..Sometime soon this will all become untangled  , King is playing a "dodgy " game with everything he is involved in..Strange the Press in Scotland have never managed to find out why 2 directors bailed out last month  but can find a story about every player who shared a pitch with Gerrard ..

Yeah Jabba does a spectacular job keeping the press in line in this country.

Probably the only guy on the payroll who really earns his corn

When is the big "open and transparent" inquest being started on the conflicts of interest at the SFA and SPFL? 

I trust that Campbell Ogilvie and Gordon Smith will be investigated in light of their roles at the SFA and not disclosing the hidden contracts at Ibrox which they knew of as they had one themselves (along with other Clubs and incidents)...........then I'm all for it. If it's just a continuation of the parochial bullshit that we've become accustomed to then GTF.

3 hours ago, steve55 said:

Have Newco been plundering the Conference for their new players?

They've signed 6 players and 4 of them have been from the English Premiership.

The other 2 have been Alan McGregor and the Croatian centre back who cost £2m.

So, no.

And you'd have to say Rangers' recruitment hasn't been too bad so far.

Who have Dundee Utd signed this summer?

2 hours ago, Forest of Dean said:

Fraser Aird, Nicky Clark, Bilel Moshni :lol:

They are desperately patching together as much of Ally's League One side as they can afford. 

Haha, embarrassing! :)

Good luck to them winning promotion. I think they’re going to need it.

8 hours ago, Forest of Dean said:

Fraser Aird, Nicky Clark, Bilel Moshni :lol:

They are desperately patching together as much of Ally's League One side as they can afford. 

Hopefully Ian Black is their next signing...