Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

The papal visit in 1982 seems to be a thing with them. Seemingly life in Scotland has been flushed down the U Bend since that fateful day. I’m not Catholic, but to me, it was a day for Catholics to go to and enjoy, should it be their thing. I’m struggling to see why my life has been fcuked pretty much since that day. Nope, it hasn’t, because I’m a sane, balanced individual. 😀

6 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Imagine being one of the 'decent' Rangers fans. Sitting at Ibrox, looking at the abject scum that surrounds you and thinking 'Aye, this is the place for me'.

😀

Every Rangers fan is a wrong'un.

And 99% of them are gloryhunters who ignore their local SPFL club and support Rangers because it makes them feel better about their own shite lives when they win 80% plus of their domestic games.

Imagine basing your whole personality, your whole mood, whether you're delighted or raging, on how your football team did at the weekend. 

When The Caley lose, which is a lot at the moment as we're fucking dogshit, I'm annoyed for about 6 minutes then I forget about it.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

And 99% of them are gloryhunters who ignore their local SPFL club and support Rangers because it makes them feel better about their own shite lives when they win 80% plus of their domestic games.

Imagine basing your whole personality, your whole mood, whether you're delighted or raging, on how your football team did at the weekend. 

When The Caley lose, which is a lot at the moment as we're fucking dogshit, I'm annoyed for about 6 minutes then I forget about it.

^^^ Doesn’t feel strongly enough about the rise of Pars in Scottish society IMO. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

The papal visit in 1982 seems to be a thing with them. Seemingly life in Scotland has been flushed down the U Bend since that fateful day. I’m not Catholic, but to me, it was a day for Catholics to go to and enjoy, should it be their thing. I’m struggling to see why my life has been fcuked pretty much since that day. Nope, it hasn’t, because I’m a sane, balanced individual. 😀

To be fair I believe a lot of Celtic fans  are still fizzing about the Lutheran Princes letter of protestation in 1529. 

8 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Imagine being one of the 'decent' Rangers fans. Sitting at Ibrox, looking at the abject scum that surrounds you and thinking 'Aye, this is the place for me'.

😀

Every Rangers fan is a wrong'un.

The mental gymnastics are quite something from the 'decent' fans of said club. 

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Without knowing it, obviously the Pope was behind Aberdeen's majestic European Cup Winners Cup win.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Without knowing it, obviously the Pope was behind Aberdeen's majestic European Cup Winners Cup win.

Some boi, the Pope. Probably responsible for St Mirren’s three losing early 80s Scottish Cup semi finals. Took us until 1987 to recover from his 1982 visit before finally winning the thing. Maybe those Ranjurs types are onto something. 😜

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The mental gymnastics are quite something from the 'decent' fans of said club. 

Yeah, I just don’t get it. When they were on “the journey” every lower league club was exposed to the bile & vitriol. 

The anti-catholic songs & sentiments  aren’t just saved for (perceived) catholic clubs, no! We all had to endure that pish, I remember at the time, excuses being made that the away support tended to be more militant than the home support. Bullshit! 

If either club wanted to, they’d be rid of the wanks in the crowd immediately, the fact is, they need them, it’s sickening & a blight on our game. 

Delving into the club dedicated sites is just going to make you feel awful about Scottish Society.

Both equally guilty IMO.