Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

No fan base in Scotland comes out looking good if you look closely enough. 

We must all clean up our game and ultimately our society will benefit. 

It’s all fcuking sad ain’t it?

It’s a SHITE state of affairs to be in (Doncaster and Maxwell), and all the fresh air in the world won’t make any fucking difference!

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

I have. As covered in various threads.

I've yet to be called a tarrier, get punched in the face, or even told to f**k off.

Well mate I’ve never been punched in the face at Tynecastle but I have been called a tarrier, dirty ****** b*****d, told I’m a beast, a pedofile, child abuse enabler whilst visiting as a Celtic fan.

Does this make you an enabler of that abuse for continuing to go as your club and by in large the fanbase do nothing? Don’t be so fucking daft. Fair play to you if you have but you are also a minority in that respect as most fans don’t.

Even as a Celtic fan I cannot make a sweeping generalisation that all Rangers fans are hateful or pander to the anti-Catholic sentiment that you can hear in the stands. Can the club do more? Absolutely starting with the gaudy and staunch displays, the Orange football strips, some of the music played etc etc however I still can’t accept every Rangers fan is a wrong un just because they support Rangers. That’s not my reality 

The easiest way to stop it is via points deductions, forefits, sanctions or even ban clubs from playing in the cups. There are ways to tackle this but it has to be consistently applied across the league. 

Edited by Jinky67

13 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm sorry, but we just completely disagree about how to deal with them.

I think you're hopelessly naive to by into the 'decent' Rangers fan thing for all the reasons I wrote about earlier.

And, as I said, the only way this changes is if it becomes socially unacceptable to support a club like Rangers. Pandering like yours, and I'm afraid that's what it is, simply perpetuates the issue.

Rangers are not acceptable. Being a Rangers fan is not compatible with being a decent person in the twenty-first century. I find it funny that so many people shy away from saying these things out loud. Yet, also depressing.

What are you, the right arm of the lord? 

I grew up a Lanarkshire catholic and have many, many reasons to loathe Rangers. I have a complicated relationship with them, for sure. 

Growing up catholic does mean that I know self-serving sanctimony when I see it too though, which is what you're spouting. 

Excluding people and shaming them doesn't result in the desired behaviour. That's not pandering, it's experience and learning. 

Away and go a run or something before you give yourself an aneurism.

5 minutes ago, velo army said:

What are you, the right arm of the lord? 

I grew up a Lanarkshire catholic and have many, many reasons to loathe Rangers. I have a complicated relationship with them, for sure. 

Growing up catholic does mean that I know self-serving sanctimony when I see it too though, which is what you're spouting. 

Excluding people and shaming them doesn't result in the desired behaviour. That's not pandering, it's experience and learning. 

Away and go a run or something before you give yourself an aneurism.

f**k me!

This kind of utter pish is why Scotland is a country where it's completely normal for mainstream celebs to say out loud that they support a club like Rangers.

Experience and learning tells us that Rangers have not changed their behaviour and will not change their behaviour.

You've got 150 years of evidence. When do you think the next orange strip will be out?

8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

f**k me!

This kind of utter pish is why Scotland is a country where it's completely normal for mainstream celebs to say out loud that they support a club like Rangers.

Of all the things that's going on in life to get yourself worked up over...

11 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

f**k me!

Experience and learning tells us that Rangers have not changed their behaviour and will not change their behaviour.

You've got 150 years of evidence. When do you think the next orange strip will be out?

Yes, when Rangers bring out an orange kit I get angry and we should all call it out, as we do, every time it happens. I want Rangers fans to call it out at their club too. There's a difference between letting people know that certain attitudes aren't tolerated and telling people that because they support a club that they therefore must hold those attitudes and that they're not welcome. That's utterly brainless and mendacious. 

We're actually pretty good at calling out the bigoted nonsense from Rangers, and to their credit none of the buns on here defend it. I don't know what they do when they're at the ground or in their everyday life to call it out, because this is an anonymous forum where people can be whomever they choose to be. You may well have called out your own fans for their own bigoted pish, or maybe you made your feelings loudly known when you saw Lennon being attacked. We'll never know. 

I think more should be done in the media to be honest. The club get a ridiculous soft-soaping from the commentariat and the governing body absolutely shite it from sanctioning Rangers. 

Calling an entire group of football fans scum and saying that this shouldn't be a place where they're welcome is the thing I had the objection to. 

39 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

People are lashing out because Rangers are normalised in Scotland, even though they should not be. 

This bit, I can agree with.

The thread has taken an interesting turn.  

I think it is absurd that there's a tolerance for the behaviour of Rangers as a club in embracing and encouraging the open sectarianism that exists within a very sizeable section of the club's support.

However, the line that decries all Rangers fans as despicable is not accurate, sustainable or sensible.  It really isn't.

I really wish Rangers weren't so widely supported, especially in areas, like mine, nowhere near where they play.  Plenty of those who do support them though, are demonstrably decent people, some of whom, I personally like.  Lots of the Rangers guys on here are clearly good guys too.

It's genuinely a bit silly to insist otherwise.  

I want the club challenged, penalised and vilified as appropriate.  Writing off a regrettably huge chunk of those in our country who follow football however, won't improve matters, or reflect any sort of reality.

4 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Do any mainstream celebrities say they're Rangers fans? Off the top of my head you've got darts and snooker players and that wrestler. Hardly a who's who.

The WWE is normalising bigotry.

Shut them down.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This bit, I can agree with.

The thread has taken an interesting turn.  

I think it is absurd that there's a tolerance for the behaviour of Rangers as a club in embracing and encouraging the open sectarianism that exists within a very sizeable section of the club's support.

However, the line that decries all Rangers fans as despicable is not accurate, sustainable or sensible.  It really isn't.

I really wish Rangers weren't so widely supported, especially in areas, like mine, nowhere near where they play.  Plenty of those who do support them though, are demonstrably decent people, some of whom, I personally like.  Lots of the Rangers guys on here are clearly good guys too.

It's genuinely a bit silly to insist otherwise.  

I want the club challenged, penalised and vilified as appropriate.  Writing off a regrettably huge chunk of those in our country who follow football however, won't improve matters, or reflect any sort of reality.

So. Those decent Rangers totally ignore what their football club is all about then? They know what their club is about and still support it and condone it. Scumbags!

Just now, Highlandmagar said:

So. Those decent Rangers totally ignore what their football club is all about then? They know what their club is about and still support it and condone it. Scumbags!

Too easy.

They'll support them for all manner of reasons.  I think a great many in far flung corners of the country do so because they win most of the time, and  doing so acquires them a stake in the prevailing media narrative about what our game is apparently for. 

I do think it's possible to find things distasteful about who you support but remain on board.  

18 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Do any mainstream celebrities say they're Rangers fans? Off the top of my head you've got darts and snooker players and that wrestler. Hardly a who's who.

All of the latest celebrity gossip coming up from Sanchez..

25 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

The WWE is normalising bigotry.

Shut them down.

The WWE have normalised a lot worse tbf.

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

All of the latest celebrity gossip coming up from Sanchez..

Top 25 Famous Rangers Fans Power List ranked by social media following - gallery (glasgowworld.com)

Number one - Mike Tyson. Dreary me.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

13 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

The worst thing about how this thread has went is how little respect is being put on Tynchy Stryders Rangers credentials. 

Yo, it was all now, never planned no after.

It was like games, jokes. laughter.

Live for the moment, left it all open

Now he's in deep, flames, lava, breathe, karma