Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You’re all over the place. Read the thread to get my actual views then calm down. 

Bit ironic that mate considering i had already detailed what it actually means and you just didn’t read it and the fact we have been down this road before and only one of us really needed to calm down 😉

Nice try though but you don’t have the talent nor do I value your opinion enough

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Bit ironic that mate considering i had already detailed what it actually means and you just didn’t read it and the fact we have been down this road before and only one of us really needed to calm down 😉

Nice try though but you don’t have the talent nor do I value your opinion enough

You obviously do value his opinion. 

Another thing, and I get that Falkirk are very very smol, but leaving g aside "challenge drunk idiot in the stands", there are things you can do if you want the club to address the issues. Falkirk have on various occasions in the past, reacted to social media noise as a club. I suspect, they have even reacted to chatter on P&B. 

I have emailed the club about things before and shared my correspondence on herd. I have less reach than most tbh as I don't use other social media, but still. It'd also disingenuous to suggest there's nothing that can be done. 

If the right thinking fans exist in the numbers we are told, why are the perma-minter Onion Bears the only organised group we ever really see or hear from?

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

When you resort to bringing up an occasion where I apologised and said there was other stuff going on then I’ll take that as you throwing in the towel. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Another thing, and I get that Falkirk are very very smol, but leaving g aside "challenge drunk idiot in the stands", there are things you can do if you want the club to address the issues.

We should all hold up red cards. Bigots HATE being sent off.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Celtic fans crippling inability to not take personal offence to anything directed at their club, and resultant defensiveness about it, really is a major reason Rangers can continue to be bigoted agains them too.

Any push from Scottish football fans as a whole to tackle bigotry, by starting at the two biggest, most high profile, groups involved ends up in a whataboutery fest where you spend longer trying to explain Celtic can be in the wrong but also be victims than you do trying to implement any campaign to stop it.

Every single time its brought up on here you get the same routine. 

1. "Rangers need to get rid of bigotry from their support"

2. Rangers fans - "we're not all bigoted, it's a minority"

3. "Even so, you need to do something to stop it. Rangers and Celtic both promote their side of it as part of the "brand""

4. OF fans - "Actually, its a problem with society as a whole you know"

5. "Well why does that stop you doing anything to prevent it at your own clubs?"

6. OF fans - "Do you stop it at your club? Its just because you hate us its coming up"

7. "What? We just think fans of these clubs are best placed to pressure their clubs into stopping"

8. Celtic fans - "We dont actually have an issue, we're victims here yet you wont leave us alone"

9. "I give up"

And repeat every 6 months.

You can't forget the Magees of this world popping up with their armchair legal training, furiously pointing at the word "sectarian" and demanding that you specify the exact lyrics that meet their imaginary burden of proof

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Celtic fans crippling inability to not take personal offence to anything directed at their club, and resultant defensiveness about it, really is a major reason Rangers can continue to be bigoted agains them too.

Any push from Scottish football fans as a whole to tackle bigotry, by starting at the two biggest, most high profile, groups involved ends up in a whataboutery fest where you spend longer trying to explain Celtic can be in the wrong but also be victims than you do trying to implement any campaign to stop it.

Every single time its brought up on here you get the same routine. 

1. "Rangers need to get rid of bigotry from their support"

2. Rangers fans - "we're not all bigoted, it's a minority"

3. "Even so, you need to do something to stop it. Rangers and Celtic both promote their side of it as part of the "brand""

4. OF fans - "Actually, its a problem with society as a whole you know"

5. "Well why does that stop you doing anything to prevent it at your own clubs?"

6. OF fans - "Do you stop it at your club? Its just because you hate us its coming up"

7. "What? We just think fans of these clubs are best placed to pressure their clubs into stopping"

8. Celtic fans - "We dont actually have an issue, we're victims here yet you wont leave us alone"

9. "I give up"

And repeat every 6 months.

Which is why both clubs need to spearhead any efforts to eradicate sectarianism together,  otherwise it won't work.  

There is an issue with the other clubs but if the old firm clean up their act first then that should sort itself out.

You're basically preaching to the converted. 

Some really fantastic points made in the last few pages. 

I’m not of the Vincent persuasion where every Rangers fan should be reviled, I’ve got a couple of Rangers supporting mates, likewise & to a lesser extent my two best mates are Celtic fans (STs for over 25 years) and more decent human beings I couldn’t really hope to meet, but when it comes to their club, the hackles are up, there are certain Tifos that they have found embarrassing & condemned without prompting by me, but in general they see their club as victims in all this, not part of the instigation. Tbf, they both left a CSC when they started playing rebel tapes on the bus & decided to travel by car instead of listening to that, especially as there were a few kids on the bus. 

So I guess I’m saying I reject that all Rangers / Celtic fans are bigots / apologists. 

That said, they are both a stain on our game & if the boards - I include Celtic in this, wanted to get rid of that element of the support, they could do it very easily, Sectarian singing from a section of the ground? Entire section closed for next game. Persistence- lose your ST & banned from ground, the “majority” would certainly take the “minority” to task,  would take about 6 months for it to be eradicated from both grounds, but it’s not in their interest financially. 

18 hours ago, GTee said:

Why do Rangers have military days and a picture of the Queen in the dressing room. Can't see any relevance to football with that. Clearly for the minority to enjoy.

It's now the King. Do keep up.

I don't care personally, but no doubt the Sevco bigots will think your indifference to royal family matters  marks you out as a ****** B******.

4 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Yawns_1988 with his selective reading as usual. His valiant fight against social injustice isn’t good for his blood pressure. 

I really don’t get Old Firm fans’ steadfast refusal to accept criticism of their clubs.

I am an avid believer in criticising your own club, and indeed, probably hate Hibs more than any other entity on the planet. 

Still support them though, because I am a complete idiot. 

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Still raging that I spoke ill of Brendan and his ‘morality police’ nonsense. Outstanding. 

Is this all you ever comeback with, that someone is either rattled or raging? 😂

The illusory truth effect method doesn’t really work for you mate 

Edited by Jinky67

4 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

It's now the King. Do keep up.

I don't care personally, but no doubt the Sevco bigots will think your indifference to royal family matters  marks you out as a ****** B******.

But surely these aren't 'commercial decisions'. Just take the picture down and don't have military days, because they have nothing to do with football. Those non sectarian people 'in charge' of the club could stop these things today if they wanted to. 

7 minutes ago, GTee said:

But surely these aren't 'commercial decisions'. Just take the picture down and don't have military days, because they have nothing to do with football. Those non sectarian people 'in charge' of the club could stop these things today if they wanted to. 

No picture and no military days, memo passed on to the other Bennett.