Edinburgh somemodeofpublictransportcrawl.

philpy

So how did the "subcrawl" work in terms of buying pints?

Did everyone go up themselves, did you get a round each or did you go for a kitty system?

I must admit the Edinburgh 1 is tickling my fancy if it is suitable date wise.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how did the "subcrawl" work in terms of buying pints?

Did everyone go up themselves, did you get a round each or did you go for a kitty system?

I must admit the Edinburgh 1 is tickling my fancy if it is suitable date wise.

I don't know what the others did, but I had a 'beer buddy' made the queue at the bar shorter for a start.

Pretty sure The Grapes is over 25s so I wouldn't get in.

It is but I am 20 and I got in. (I don't have wrinkles...honest.) They just say that to stop a bunch of 18 year olds from going in, but if you are with an older crowd it's fine.

Do they have bouncers on all the time?

I've never seen a bouncer on. I am sure there isn't any on..they just id you at the bar if its a group of young people. I get id'd all the time and I wasn't in there. It is a proper jakey pub but that's the point I think!

It is but I am 20 and I got in. (I don't have wrinkles...honest.) They just say that to stop a bunch of 18 year olds from going in, but if you are with an older crowd it's fine.

Absolutely no chance for me then. The only place that hasn't IDed me was Rush on Robertson's close near Hive.

Absolutely no chance for me then. The only place that hasn't IDed me was Rush on Robertson's close near Hive.

Hahaha. Bar rush! That brings back some ill-remembered drunken nights! They used to let anyone in (a few years ago we easily got in at 16/17) It's a bit more strict now though to be fair. £ a vodka though!

^^^ Hasn't quite grasped the whole idea of 'Challenge 25' yet imo.

Every pub in Scotland (well it should be) is 'challenge 25' i.e. if you look under that they should id you. The grapes is different. It's their pub policy to only admit over 25s because that is suited to their clientle. They obviously wouldn't be breaking the law by letting 18 year olds in, but they choose not to because they assume it would put their customers off.

Every pub in Scotland (well it should be) is 'challenge 25' i.e. if you look under that they should id you. The grapes is different. It's their pub policy to only admit over 25s because that is suited to their clientle. They obviously wouldn't be breaking the law by letting 18 year olds in, but they choose not to because they assume it would put their customers off.

I was actually just joking. wink.gif

(I've done to you what you did to me yesterday!)

Archived