FIFA Rage Page

Stagmaster

Nothing infuriates me more than playing a game that has a slight lag in the connection. Not only does it make it practically impossible to play any kind of decent football but it is so difficult to defend that anyone who has a slightly skilful and quick striker just glides through your defence by basically running in a straight line.

Also, the higher up in the UT divisions you go the more 1-2-through ball to quick striker arseholes you get. What is the point in playing a football game if you don't actually want to play any football? Is it not incredibly boring just doing the same thing over, and over, and over again each match?

Bought FIFA 14 (a lot cheaper than 15) for the PS3 the other day. First football game I've owned since FIFA 2003 for the trusty Gamecube, and it turns out a lot has changed.

I've discovered that despite being brilliant at old FIFA (which I still play through the Wii), I am all new levels of awful with this newer incarnation. However after a bit of practice I mastered the defensive side of things. I embarked on a career (I actually just wanted to play a league campaign but I can't work out how to do that so went with career, which has all sorts of football manager style stuff which I can't be arsed with), and started the season poorly, a few 1-0 losses, a couple of 0-0 draws, then, in a match against Barnsley, I scored my first goal. I actually scored a goal, seven minutes in. I cheered, my wife cheered (or remarked or made a noise, I was too blissfully happy to pay attention). I was ahead. And I can defend. 1-0 victory, easy!

Except shortly after Barnsley are in my box, but I've got a lot of players back, so I'm not too worried, but careful to keep my fingers away from the slide tackle button. Despite this, the referee gave a penalty for little more than a shoulder to shoulder tussle. Penalty went in (despite pushing for my keeper to go left, same way as the penalty went, the keeper remained rooted to the spot, wouldn't happen in 2003). 1-1.

Then five minutes later the ref gave another penalty, this time I did slide in, but I completely missed the player. Easy goal. 2-1.

Next Barnsley attack...another penalty, again for basically out muscling the attacker. 3-1.

Totally lost it, started scoring own goals out of protest. Lost 23-1. Bottom of the Championship on goal difference and I'm pretty sure I'm never going to play this game again. Ruined by a poor referee.

FIFA 14 be considerably more realistic than 2003 (both graphics wise and actual playing wise), and it's nice to see the Dons with Rooney rather than D'Jaffo, but I think 2003 is my level.

• 3 weeks later...

This game is possibly going to be the death of me......!

Started back playing it and got the chance for a few games this week. Was playing ok, in Div 3 and got promoted to Div 2. Winning more than losing.

Then the game decided to f**k me right over. 3 consecutive relegations to Div 5. 2 wins in about 24 games. Wouldn't let me pass the ball, run, shoot, score. Must have conceded at least 2 25yarders per game. Giant defenders losing in the air to midget forwards, fast players being out sprinted by slugs, goalies letting the ball thru them and on one occasion punching the ball off a defender into the net.

Lost one game 4-0. My opposition had 3 shots on goal..... Go figure. I had 17 and 58% possession. Counted the last 3 games that I hit the woodwork 11 times. Inexplicably putting over the bar from 2 yards in the middle of the goal, actually embarrassing.

Without sounding like sour grapes I genuinely couldn't have done anymore to win games and the computer just wouldn't let me. But do you know one thing it makes you want to play more so fair play to the c***s at EA. it's an absolute fucker and highly unenjoyable and possibly unethical but it brings you back in rage.

I'm a full grown adult actually biting my joy pad and punching pillows in rage..... It makes me feel small.

Edited by wellboy1991

• 3 weeks later...

Played my first online seasons games in a few weeks yesterday. Infuriating isn't the word. Arsenal are my team but seriously considering changing after the rage they induced yesterday :lol:

Rage #1 - First game - playing Man Utd and winning 2-1 as we approach 'Fergie' time in the second half. Rooney hits a trundler of a shot from the edge of the area which even my Gran could save. For some strange reason Koscielny decides to take matters into his own hands and try and block the 'shot' which sees the ball deflect off him, up in the air and perfectly to Van Persie to scissor kick into the top corner. A game I dominated taken away from me in the final seconds. Kicked off and didn't get out the centre circle before the full time whistle went.

Rage #2 + #3 - Second game - playing against PSG this time. I'm winning 1-0 as we approach half time when Aaron Ramsay somehow miscontrols a simple pass. Not to fear though as a great tackle from Gibbs sees the ball roll back to Ramsay who somehow miscontrols the ball again. The winger then charges up the pitch and scores a curling shot in off the post. This game would also finish 2-2 mainly thanks to Danny Welbeck managing to slip with the goal gaping. How could this get any worse?

Rage #4 - Third game - Arsenal v Holland. A match that I dominate with about 10 more shots (8 more on target) than my opponent. Think at the end of the game Tim Krul had made 13 saves and my keeper had made 3. Full time score? 2-3. The winning goal saw a deflected free kick spin towards the corner of the box where Robben (who had scored a bullet header from a corner earlier) headered the ball firmly through a crowd of players and across the keeper into the far corner from just outside the box. Literally never seen anything like it in Fifa before.

Rage #5 - Fourth game - Arsenal v Liverpool. Finally I start to get the rewards my play deserves! 3-0 up after 18 minutes and the guy quits. Couldn't let me enjoy my moment!

I'm going back to Sonic after that.

Playing a game today and played a long ball over the top. My attacker probably would've got it if it wasn't for the fact the keeper came out and caught it. This would've been fine if he wasn't at least 2 yards out the box! Mental.

There are games that even a few seconds in you just know you will not win through getting no breaks, your players seemingly running through mud and passes that go AWOL. Of course, those things don't affect your opponent.

Bang on cue after I posted this I went on a horrific five match losing streak where every game felt like I couldn't string two passes together. b*****d game!

Ever noticed on seasons you will go on a losing streak to the point where you need 6 points from 2 games to stay up...win the first and lose/draw the next.

I crid evri tym

It completely takes the enjoyment out the game but sucks you back in...

Well it did for me until my last meltdown. Haven't played it since and won't play it again. Definitely not buying 16.

It totally does. After my rage last night I said to myself that in all honesty I will probably sit down again tonight or tomorrow and play it for a few hours again.

I get more annoyed when I play guys that are only in the higher divisions because of the players they have (you can tell pretty much straight away). I played someone last night who had a brilliant team but also actually played the game really well and he totally destroyed me but it didn't bother me as much as the guys that have TOTY Doumbia and Ronaldo upfront and just launch the ball forward. When I play guys like that I find myself playing a defensive formation to stop any through balls but it makes the game really boring. Apparently they are trying to change the game physics to make it easier to defend against guys like that but I will believe it when I see it.

FIFA 14 be considerably more realistic than 2003 (both graphics wise and actual playing wise), and it's nice to see the Dons with Rooney rather than D'Jaffo, but I think 2003 is my level.

What an absolute hero

What is the attraction to FUT?

I like the initial period of building a team and getting through the divisions, I've never been in to the whole trading thing and once I get to Division 1 it is more just a case of having a few games of FIFA against other people (I play a fair bit of seasons too). I've always said I would like the option of resetting my coins and team and starting again (a little bit like hitting prestige in COD) because that's the bit I enjoy the most.

I like the initial period of building a team and getting through the divisions, I've never been in to the whole trading thing and once I get to Division 1 it is more just a case of having a few games of FIFA against other people (I play a fair bit of seasons too). I've always said I would like the option of resetting my coins and team and starting again (a little bit like hitting prestige in COD) because that's the bit I enjoy the most.

You can just delete your club and start again.