FIFA Rage Page

Stagmaster

I don't think its all down to squad overall and team chemistry.

Handicapping definitely exists, there is absolutely no denying that, but im not convinced its based on the above two criteria. It's not consistent enough for that to be true.

I wish they'd take it out though. Someone said its to keep the casual players happy. I'm a casual player (4-5 hours a week usually), and it pisses me off.

I can't imagine anyone is that poor at the game that they need such extensive help. Matchmaking based on division and squad star rating should be enough to keep it competitive.

The fact that you have to intentionally handicap your team yourself to get to your "proper level" says it all really. I filled my bench with bronze Thistle players before I could buy a win.

On the face of it, I can see why they do it. Why would your new, casual player stick around if they get absolutely horsed every time they come online? Where would the push to come back and get better come from knowing that you'll never be as good as them? That's not what EA want to hear, as that's a lost avenue for profit.

Of course, I could be cynical and say that they only make it work "some of the time" to draw in the novice user close enough to want to play, but far enough away that they're persuaded to spend real money on packs to get better...

Why would your new, casual player stick around if they get absolutely horsed every time they come online?

By a few weeks after release Division 10 is full of utter horseshit. If they can't get out of Division 10 then they deserve all they get!

EA solved the matchmaking issue by introducing divisions and matching teams based on star ratings. They don't need to do anything more.

By a few weeks after release Division 10 is full of utter horseshit. If they can't get out of Division 10 then they deserve all they get!

EA solved the matchmaking issue by introducing divisions and matching teams based on star ratings. They don't need to do anything more.

But that's not going to be EAs view. That user isn't going to come back and buy the next game (well, they probably will to be honest, but from a business perspective they won't see that). I'm not talking about the seasons feature btw, which is a lot easier to match due to, like you say, the divisions and the star ratings. But for FUT it just seems wildly out. If the matchmaking was so good, they wouldn't need to handicap players. But they do.

Im not disgareeing with you, but theres no need for it in UT either. Like seasons, UT matchmaking, as far as im aware, is also division and star based as much as possible.

Handicapping me or my opponent is ridiculous, and anyone at EA who thinks differently clearly has not played the game.

Its silly when its against you, and laughable when in your favour. And vice versa.

Up to division 4 now but I'm encountering players who can zip the ball first touch about the place with ease, chipped passes never fail, carthorses catching up with rapid wingers, it's doing my cunting head in.

Hiya handicapping*, hiya pal.

*doesn't exist :lol:

Ok a belter happened to me yesterday that resulted in me doing a big rage quit......

So I'm quite rightly 3-0 down at half time, I turn the screw in the 2nd half and bring it back to 3-2 then I win a pen!! I step up and rattle the underside of the crossbar, as my player runs in he bounces of the keeper and the ref gives a 2nd pen, step up and the keeper dives to the right and saves it, the ball bounces out wide and the guy runs all the way up the byline, whips in a cross and scores to make it 4-2 hahahaha, couldn't believe it.

I've got a single player career mode, was on loan to Bradford, went back to Celtic, won the league, then got transferred to Spurs. I didn't play a single game, then I requested a loan, QPR signed me, but again, didn't get a game. I've now signed for Schalke and its happening again. Is there any way of changing this? Or is it just a bug ?

it basically means you've got a reason for losing lol Google it you'll see plenty of rants about it.

Never noticed it. Although I played a team made up of championship players the other day and it didn't feel much different to my team...

Don't know if this is intentional but the c***s who you play against where the connection seems totally fine till you're winning 3-0 then it's like they try to make you by making the connection humped

Scunnered. Got to the final of the FUTmas cup to win a mega pack. Was 1-0 up then David Luiz cleared off the line and despite the goal line technology showing that not even the slightest part of the ball was over the line it decided it was a goal! 1-1. Then I go clean through with Diego Costa, touch it past the keeper inside the box who then trips me and I get nothing!! Then I get a penalty for another poor challenge. Moderate power and moderate placement and it hits the bar. Into extra team.. he brings on Bale and Rodriguez and tries to go solo runs with these guys to no avail so i think I've got him. 120th minute.. corner comes in from Bale met by the head of Rodriguez who is surrounded by defenders and doesn't even come off the ground. Ball smacks the bar and down over the line by a bawhair!!!

I think it's safe to say that i just wasnt meant to win that one!!

Edited by #Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Bought FIFA for the first time since '12 since the wife bought me a PS4 for Xmas.

Have been really enjoying it and have managed back to back promotions to Div 6. Record was W17-D4-L2 Until today.......

Just played 5 games in Div6 first I win 4-1.... Then all of a sudden my Schalke players decide they don't want to pass to each other.. Can't make 5 yd passes, defenders running into each other to allow strikers clean runs at goal, my keeper diving out the way of balls, unable to catch players and the oppo players speeding by mine, penalties given for heehaw... 3 straight losses in a row, followed by a draw.... Bizarre!!

My blood was boiling...... Forgot how much rage this can introduce.

I was playing a guy today, I needed to win to stay up and I winning 2-0 when he quit. He was Madrid so I had the kinnect on giving him absolute pelters for being a p***k ( :lol: ) .. After he quit I was still on the 'leave game' page I then recieved a PM from sed guy that simply said "Enjoy div2 ;)" now, I never thought much of it until I left the game and you guessed it, I'd been relegated.

I wasn't bothered until he kept the messages coming "how's div2?" Etc.

I fucking hate this guy. How did he manage that?

I think (conspiracy theory here…) that some players can manipulate their internet connection so that when they get beat they can quit in a way that tricks the server into thinking it wasn't their fault, and quite often that it was you who quit. Remember reading something on it a while back, not sure if it is true but it wouldn't surprise me. I never understand he people who don't play games just to enjoy the game, they have to find ways to cheat the system by either the way they play or by some other means.

I'm really struggling just now cause i cant get used to the difference in controller

gone from being a solid division 5 team on 360 to barely scoring on playstation , i am constantly SEETHING about it while i am playing 8f2dc6de26846081e48efe6e3dcf8eaa.gif