What's good on Radio 4?

Guest Kincardine

So the 6.30 comedy slot is utter bollocks right now. I am sick to the back fucking teeth of of the billet-doux from the Isle of Lesbos between Sandi "I am a professional Dane"Toksvig and Susan "My father was Chief Medical Officer of Scotland which is the only reason I ever got a gig" Calman .

However next week we have Cabin Pressure having its two-episode reprise! Yay!!!!

post-44711-0-72549600-1419037183_thumb.j

So the 6.30 comedy slot is utter bollocks right now. I am sick to the back fucking teeth of of the billet-doux from the Isle of Lesbos between Sandi "I am a professional Dane"Toksvig and Susan "My father was Chief Medical Officer of Scotland which is the only reason I ever got a gig" Calman .

However next week we have Cabin Pressure having its two-episode reprise! Yay!!!!

attachicon.gifcabn.jpg

I don't think Susan Calman is very funny, but I'm puzzled as to why you think her father - a fine man - has been able to further her career?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So Mark Steel's in Town is back. Yay! The first episode aired last night:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05vcxkc

This season's schedule will include Paisley, which should be a laugh. References to thread, cloth patterns and airports are predicted.

For those who don't know...it is described on Wiki as something, "Recorded in various small towns in the United Kingdom instead of the country's major cities. Each episode is tailored to the town it is recorded in and the show is performed in front of a local audience."

Not belly laughs but just clever radio.

That being said, his take on Leith is on video and is a good watch:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00xndhz

Edited by The_Kincardine

So Mark Steel's in Town is back. Yay! The first episode aired last night:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05vcxkc

This season's schedule will include Paisley, which should be a laugh. References to thread, cloth patterns and airports are predicted.

He may even ask: What is the difference between Paisley and Morocco?..

Just clocked this thread. Radion 4 is now my station of choice. anyone who listens to comercial radio is an idiot.

I particularly enjoy

In and Outh of the Kitchen (not as good when transferred to BBC4 a few months back)

The Film Programme

John Finnemore's souvenir programme

From our own correspondant

Mark Steel's in town

And various other documentaries.

Just clocked this thread. Radion 4 is now my station of choice. anyone who listens to comercial radio is an idiot.

I particularly enjoy

In and Outh of the Kitchen (not as good when transferred to BBC4 a few months back)

The Film Programme

John Finnemore's souvenir programme

From our own correspondant

Mark Steel's in town

And various other documentaries.

Nah. Radio 4 has been broken for me. They had Susan Calman on Just a Minute. What a fucking liberty!

Edited to add: No issue with La Calman per se but it's the worst sort of gesture politics from the Beeb.

Edited by The_Kincardine