Depression

How close are you to the lad? I'd ask him outright if he was sleeping with your girlfriend while you were with her. If he says no then there's not really any bad blood to be had, you can't go your whole life hating every boy that's pumping your ex. If he says yes then from what your saying your teammates will back you up and eventually he'll be forced out the team, no point getting upset and excluding yourself when you've done nothing wrong.

That's all fine and well if he actually admits to it right enough, if he's man enough you'd expect him to.

Not that close mate :lol:.

She can do what she wants but it's the fact we've only split up last Tuesday and she then goes and sleep with another laddie. I wouldn't go and pump some lassie when i've just split up with someone ;)

She admitted to me she didn't sleep with him when we were dating. Which is good.

I just want to fast forward to Wednesday. Get it done and over with and move on :).

What's this other guy done wrong that i'm missing?

Mate how you feel if you just split up with your other half (if you have one ;)) then she goes and sleeps with another laddie. Someone that plays in the same team as you?

Mate how you feel if you just split up with your other half (if you have one ;)) then she goes and sleeps with another laddie. Someone that plays in the same team as you?

You're entitled to feel how you feel, it's dickish of him if you're actually pals rather than just know each other just from the football IMO.

I don't mean to be a c**t here but the fact she's sleeping with someone she probably knows you'll see on a regular basis so quickly after you broke up suggests she's a bit of a c**t who isn't worth your time. Have you had any run ins with the guy from your team? Wouldn't be best pleased in your shoes and I'd be more than likely to go crunch him in training (albeit I'm a dirty b*****d in terms of football)

I don't mean to be a c**t here but the fact she's sleeping with someone she probably knows you'll see on a regular basis so quickly after you broke up suggests she's a bit of a c**t who isn't worth your time. Have you had any run ins with the guy from your team? Wouldn't be best pleased in your shoes and I'd be more than likely to go crunch him in training (albeit I'm a dirty b*****d in terms of football)

No really mate. Speak to him all the time I'm there.

Past 5 months or so I have been getting "panic attacks" in the middle of the night. Weird as they do not affect me through the day but at night I sometimes wake up convinced I am dying, with a painful constriction around my chest and my left arm tingling. There is also are real sense of unworldlyness when I first wake up. After a brief time I can get my head in order, take my pulse and confirm it is still that strong, steady pulse. I have had myself physically checked out to be on the safe side and my heart is like a metronome. But given I have serious insomnia, this waking up stuff is not helping at all. :rolleyes: Life eh.

Ive not had an online test but due to my performance at work a few years ago I got asked to speak to someone tho had to go through my doctor first. He gave me 10-12 questions asking me to gauge on a scale on 1-5 how I felt about certain things ie did i feel the need to self harm, do i wish i was dead etc

From the results of that I got refered initally to their own sessions with a counciller (spelling) and think I had 4-5 sessions with her

The default position of a unionist.

As someone else said keep that pish in the independence forum. The one great thing about P&B is that there is a place for obsessed dicks to argue about politics or the Old Firm and it doesn't infect the rest of the site. There's a whole forum now for you to rant against the supposed evils of unionism so keep it in there and give the rest of us peace. Edited by roverthemoon

What''s happening today mate?

And roverthemoon - hear hear!

Don't know if you have seen my previous posts mate in the last few days.

The ex is gonna explain her side of the story to me about what happened on Saturday night between her and this laddie :(

Will post another update on how it went this afternoon on here tonight when i get in

Don't know if you have seen my previous posts mate in the last few days.

The ex is gonna explain her side of the story to me about what happened on Saturday night between her and this laddie :(

Will post another update on how it went this afternoon on here tonight when i get in

Aye I've been following your story mate. Tbh i wouldn't even give her the time fo day to explain anything. She wanted out of your life, give it to her. Don't let her try to expalin herself to feel less guilty or whatever.

My two cents.

Here's a question. What would everyone here consider depression?

Low mood is like a continuum, with 'pissed off', say, at one end, and 'downright suicidal' at the other. You can fall anywhere between those points- but when your thoughts,feelings,cognition,and/or physical condition are affected to the point your functionability is impaired, you are unwell. This has to have been for a period of two weeks or more. That's what I would term depression. Not a doctor though, mind.

Has anyone ever taken an online test for depression or other psychiatric conditions? Are any of them recommended over others?

I appreciate lots of this sort of stuff on the internet will be pish

Our hospital uses the BDI, GP's generally use the PHQ-9. There are others.

These can be hard to get a hold of as they tend to be copyrighted.

Aye I've been following your story mate. Tbh i wouldn't even give her the time fo day to explain anything. She wanted out of your life, give it to her. Don't let her try to expalin herself to feel less guilty or whatever.

My two cents.

I agree with this. While it might seem like a conversation like this will help you get closure it is more likely to stir up feelings of hurt. There is always going to be some aspect of her story which will be hurtful to you and if she does start to stray into self justification then it'll only generate anger. Hard as it is to walk away from the whole situation it is probably best for you. Appreciate that its a easy thing to say and a much harder thing to do so good luck whatever way it plays out

My two cents.

On my way to meet her the now. Just want to get this over with and enjoy my last training session of the year :)